• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you trade for your EcoDiesel?

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
Excellent post, and I agree 100%.

I was hoping for the 4.5L Duramax, GM was so close.

GM. Really could be Ram today if they didn't run out of money. Isuzu is the oem for the duramax diesel (I'm not sure many even know this). Isuzu is largest manufacturer of diesels in the world. As most duramax owners will tell you. That is one durable diesel! Had Chevy had the recourses to finish that 4.5 I have a feeling it would of been indestructible!

Let's hope it still happens! Competition can only be good for us the consumer.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
GM. Really could be Ram today if they didn't run out of money. Isuzu is the oem for the duramax diesel (I'm not sure many even know this). Isuzu is largest manufacturer of diesels in the world. As most duramax owners will tell you. That is one durable diesel! Had Chevy had the recourses to finish that 4.5 I have a feeling it would of been indestructible!

Let's hope it still happens! Competition can only be good for us the consumer.

Actually the 4.5 was an all GM in house design & production. It was even finished and tested I believe. But at exactly the wrong moment as it was '09 and the financial crisis hit GM as you mentioned. The 6.6, while a joint design with Isuzu, is built in the states if I'm not mistaken. I'm not discrediting Isuzu, they designed the motor for GM. And without them there is no Dmax. But I think once GM got the motor they've handled it themselves. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
Actually the 4.5 was an all GM in house design & production. It was even finished and tested I believe. But at exactly the wrong moment as it was '09 and the financial crisis hit GM as you mentioned. The 6.6, while a joint design with Isuzu, is built in the states if I'm not mistaken. I'm not discrediting Isuzu, they designed the motor for GM. And without them there is no Dmax. But I think once GM got the motor they've handled it themselves. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

You are correct. The 4.5 was all GM. I was referring to the big diesel. By oem I meant it was there motor. They licensed the building of it to GM. Isuzu actually never built any of them. Unlike the Allison transmission witch I believe was built by Allison then delivered to GM.

Isuzu and GM had a long relationship going back to the early 90's iirc. Many years ago I had an Isuzu trooper. It had the same transmission used in the Silverado.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Only if Isuzu had an influence on the 6.2/6.5....

Bignate

May 11, 2015
Truck Year
2012 check 2500HD 6.0l gas ....pulling my trailer got 5-7 mpg 11-14 without . The ecodiesel get 14-17 pulling same trailer and 24-28 with out . I have 33x12.50R20 cooper st maxx tires.

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
2012 check 2500HD 6.0l gas ....pulling my trailer got 5-7 mpg 11-14 without . The ecodiesel get 14-17 pulling same trailer and 24-28 with out . I have 33x12.50R20 cooper st maxx tires.

Incredible! This is why I think this is the perfect truck.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed

Excellent results! I didn't know the 6.0 gas was that bad on fuel...

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Is the GM 4.5 still not happening?

I don't think so. They are, however, set to release the diesel powered Colorado and Canyon.

Jun 1, 2015
Truck Year
No trade in here. Girlfriend totaled my mustang on a Thursday, lost oil pressure in my 2005 f150 that Saturday. Lost both my rides with in 3 days. My mustang was paid off the Friday before, and had 3 more payments on my f150. Lot of bad luck at once. Maybe it was meant to be.

Jun 1, 2015
Truck Year
Huge improvement is right. I'm glad to see everyone is going WAY UP in the MPG department.
I went from 11mpg in my f150 to 24mpg with ecoboost. they have the same size tanks. Ford, lucky to get 270 miles out of a tank. I usually get 550 out of the ram. Last week I got 580 miles out of my tank, and still claimed to have 50 left.. I haven't pushed it past the light.

treed522

Jun 3, 2015
Truck Year
I traded a 2006 ram 1500 mega cab Laramie edition with 5.7 and a Nissan versa . The economic diesel is getting as good of milage as the versa gets around town.

RamDiesel4

Oct 9, 2013
I traded a 2006 ram 1500 mega cab Laramie edition with 5.7 and a Nissan versa . The economic diesel is getting as good of milage as the versa gets around town.

Wow, amazing a full size pickup can compare with a small car like that!

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
No trade in here. Girlfriend totaled my mustang on a Thursday, lost oil pressure in my 2005 f150 that Saturday. Lost both my rides with in 3 days. My mustang was paid off the Friday before, and had 3 more payments on my f150. Lot of bad luck at once. Maybe it was meant to be.

Dude!! That's a bad week! But at least you got sweet truck from it.

solarvic

Jun 28, 2015
Truck Year
I traded a 2015 Silverado I only had for 2 months with 1300 miles for an ECODIESEL. I liked the Silverado truck except the horrible seat. If you go nearly 300 pounds you will hang over the side of the seat. My left hip sit right on the hard plastic. Could not get satisfaction from GM or dealer. Did some test drives on the Ram and I do fit in their seat ok and am comfortable driving it. I did take a big hit trading but if you discount the monopoly money that GM gave me plus the extra large trade I got for my Subaru legacy I came out OK.. In retrospect I wish I would have just kept my Subaru Legacy and kept driving my old 91 cummins. Solarvic

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I traded a 2015 Silverado I only had for 2 months with 1300 miles for an ECODIESEL. I liked the Silverado truck except the horrible seat. If you go nearly 300 pounds you will hang over the side of the seat. My left hip sit right on the hard plastic. Could not get satisfaction from GM or dealer. Did some test drives on the Ram and I do fit in their seat ok and am comfortable driving it. I did take a big hit trading but if you discount the monopoly money that GM gave me plus the extra large trade I got for my Subaru legacy I came out OK.. In retrospect I wish I would have just kept my Subaru Legacy and kept driving my old 91 cummins. Solarvic

But, we are glad you have the EcoDiesel! Welcome to the site.