• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you trade for your EcoDiesel?

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
I traded a 2015 Silverado I only had for 2 months with 1300 miles for an ECODIESEL. I liked the Silverado truck except the horrible seat. If you go nearly 300 pounds you will hang over the side of the seat. My left hip sit right on the hard plastic. Could not get satisfaction from GM or dealer. Did some test drives on the Ram and I do fit in their seat ok and am comfortable driving it. I did take a big hit trading but if you discount the monopoly money that GM gave me plus the extra large trade I got for my Subaru legacy I came out OK.. In retrospect I wish I would have just kept my Subaru Legacy and kept driving my old 91 cummins. Solarvic

I've also read that the steering wheel is off center. Overall sounds like an uncomfortable cockpit.

Welcome to the dark side :p

Rivercityjack

May 30, 2015
Truck Year
I previously had an F350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4wd 7.3 diesel I bought new in 2002. I sold it outright and then bought the Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4wd with the EcoDiesel in February 2015. Never had a problem yet, fuel economy is around 27 except when I have the trailer behind, then it drops to about 12, depending on the wind. I have a cover on the bed and the ride and quality of the truck is fantastic. Couldn't be happier.

ZMan079

Aug 10, 2015
Truck Year
This is my 3rd Dodge/RAM in a row, had a 2000 Dakota Sport Club Cab (4.7L/4 spd Auto/3.92) Loved that truck, it did everything I needed it to do except for stop in control in bad weather (only had rear ABS). I upgraded to a 2006 RAM 1500 MegaCab (5.7L/5 spd Auto/3.73). Loved everything about the truck, especially the roominess. Hemi never bocked when towing even with the extra cab weight. Only dislike was the poor fuel economy 10-12 for daily driving, and 14-16 on highway... Looking for much improved fuel economy in a daily driver with the EcoDiesel Big Horn and the ability to tow when needed. Mine has the 3.55's in it..

ZMan079

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
Traded my 07 gmc sierra that I bought new in 07 only had 63k miles on it when I traded it....not a big traveler haha

WesMgc

Aug 18, 2015
Truck Year
I traded a 2012 ford f150 fx4 3.5 Ecoboost I did love that truck until I test drove Ram Ecodiesel can't believe how good this thing is on fuel same mileage as ford F150 per tank but 40 littler smaller tank on Ecodiesel and the ride is so smooth with air ride.
The only thing I like better on the ford is the mirrors I think not even sure about that .

Cliffy

Aug 16, 2015
Truck Year
I traded in my '13 SLT Pentastar with 115 000 Km's for a '15 Eco. I was happy with the fuel economy on that one. This one is even better. My last tank was 8.41 L/100 km.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I traded in my '13 SLT Pentastar with 115 000 Km's for a '15 Eco. I was happy with the fuel economy on that one. This one is even better. My last tank was 8.41 L/100 km.

How does that compare to the V6 you had? I love hearing comparisons from others that have had both.

Cliffy

Aug 16, 2015
Truck Year
How does that compare to the V6 you had? I love hearing comparisons from others that have had both.

The V6 would usually give me somewhere between 10.5-12 L/100 km. A friend of mine told me about the app, Road Trip, when I got this truck. So I will have a better idea of overall mileage and cost compared to the 13.

Most of my driving is on a highway driving a good distance commute.

Domino

Aug 27, 2015
Truck Year
I do not have my Eco-Diesel as of yet, but I traded a 2012 Toyota Highlander Hybrid with 200,000KM (120k Miles)

Before that, I have a 2010 Ram Sport with the Hemi.

TheB2B

Aug 2, 2015
Truck Year
I traded in a 2002 Dakota, 3/4 ton, 4X4 with 4.7, auto, 3.55 rear with solid 17 MPG hwy and 12 in town. Really liked my Dakota, it was my first truck\love. My three girls growing up with the truck, teaching my daughter(s) how to drive, first Goldy, and a wife. Helping friends, family, neighbors fetching and moving, pulling my camper, going into the woods to cut firewood, catching crap about when I was going to get a "real" truck, many happy memory's. It was the camper that did it in, that little 4.7 just to small for it, decided to trade it in when found metal in the oil and noticed a main knock on start up if it sat for a couple days.
On the plus side I know have a "real" truck that friends would love to have, ride is great, tows my camper with no issues, gets great millage for a full size truck. Bought it used with 18,000 miles less than a year old, saved $17,000 on the price, heck still has new smell on the inside. Day I drove it home was both a happy day and a sad day. Overall I don't regret the trade and I have posted a picture of my first.

Attachments

• PICT0004.JPG
    PICT0004.JPG
    396.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I traded in a 2002 Dakota, 3/4 ton, 4X4 with 4.7, auto, 3.55 rear with solid 17 MPG hwy and 12 in town. Really liked my Dakota, it was my first truck\love. My three girls growing up with the truck, teaching my daughter(s) how to drive, first Goldy, and a wife. Helping friends, family, neighbors fetching and moving, pulling my camper, going into the woods to cut firewood, catching crap about when I was going to get a "real" truck, many happy memory's. It was the camper that did it in, that little 4.7 just to small for it, decided to trade it in when found metal in the oil and noticed a main knock on start up if it sat for a couple days.
On the plus side I know have a "real" truck that friends would love to have, ride is great, tows my camper with no issues, gets great millage for a full size truck. Bought it used with 18,000 miles less than a year old, saved $17,000 on the price, heck still has new smell on the inside. Day I drove it home was both a happy day and a sad day. Overall I don't regret the trade and I have posted a picture of my first.

I've always had a hard time letting go of vehicles, even if the newer one is nicer and a better decision for me. It's tough for some reason!

JSchneib

Oct 20, 2015
Truck Year
Didn't trade anything. Kept my 2003 2500 Heavy Duty Hemi with 4.10 gears. Love having both trucks. The ecodiesel is a nicer cruiser with way more bells and whistles. The '03 just does the heavy lifting now.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Sold my 2001 Mercedes Benz CLk320 outright with 135k miles and bought the ram a month later. Absolutely love it.

Never reset the trip A and look at this mileage!!! Hand calculated works out about the same. Almost 500 hours.

20151025_161048.jpg

Stan Laurel

Aug 3, 2015
Truck Year
Traded an '02 Ford Escape V6 w/ over 200K. It was a reliable little shytebox, but nothing to get excited about. The Ram sings her beautiful diesel song to me every day now, and I couldn't be happier. About to pull the trigger on a 6,000lb TT and start having some family adventures.

JSchneib

Oct 20, 2015
Truck Year
Good job Stan. I bought a similar travel trailer this past summer and pulled it with my '03. Will be interested to hear how your truck pulls your new trailer.

Dingo Diesel

Nov 1, 2015
Truck Year
I traded in a 2013 Honda Accord V6 EXL. It was a loaded bright red rocket. It had 285 horses and got 30-31 mpg. The engine would shut down 2 cylinders when it was at cruising speed on the highway to save gas. I also had a 1985 3/4 ton Ram 4x4 for hauling trash, lumber and supplies I use around my hobby farm. Got tired of having to fix the old ram every time I needed to uses it. I started looking at Toyota Tacoma thinking a small truck would be inexpensive an good on gas but I quickly figured out I was wrong about that. While shopping I came a crossed the ED. I ended up spending way more money on a truck that I originally set out to spend but I have no regrets. I love this truck and I hope t lasts me a very long time.