• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you trade for your EcoDiesel?

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
I traded a 2011 Chevy Avalanche for my 2016 Laramie ED. 250 miles on it now and I'm definately still in the honeymoon stage. Bright silver with black leather. Leer truck cap and Bedrug on order.....

Kevin M

Aug 18, 2016
Truck Year
I traded a 2006 VW Jetta TDI with 168k. I would not have traded if not for my clutch knee telling me it was time.
2200 miles so far and knock wood no issues. 24mpg local and almost 29 on the highway. I can only speculate the mileage will get better over time.

TrueWhiteHype

Sep 11, 2016
Truck Year
Hello all, I traded my 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, I only had it about 10 months, but I was having repeated problems, so good-bye Tacoma, hello EcoDiesel! I picked up a 2016 CC Laramie 4x4 w/6'4" bed. Before the Tacoma I had a 2014 CC Laramie 2x4 short bed. I put 65k trouble free miles on it. I'm happy to be driving a EcoDiesel again. Looking forward to the doing some modifications.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hello all, I traded my 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, I only had it about 10 months, but I was having repeated problems, so good-bye Tacoma, hello EcoDiesel! I picked up a 2016 CC Laramie 4x4 w/6'4" bed. Before the Tacoma I had a 2014 CC Laramie 2x4 short bed. I put 65k trouble free miles on it. I'm happy to be driving a EcoDiesel again. Looking forward to the doing some modifications.

Welcome to the EcoDiesel club!

Aug 28, 2016
Truck Year
IMG_5867 - Copy.JPG Traded my 2014 Ram Bighorn Quadcab 4x4 with a 5.7 hemi. I owned it for three months, but found my 2015 ecodiesel at the dealer (in May of 2016) which had been acquired from another dealer who had went out of business. I bought it at a severe discount and it made good sense to trade. Besides the Hemi only averaged 16.1 MPG and around 8-9 while towing. The best I ever managed with it was 19.0 MPG driving from OKC to Jay, OK going 55-60 MPH the whole way on the interstate with the cruise off. Here is a shot of the 2014 Ram that I traded in.

Last edited:

Billy R

Sep 22, 2016
Truck Year
So, what did you trade for your EcoDiesel?

Are you happy you made the switch?
Traded in an 2005 Ram 1500 Hemi, so far it's a good move, I've put 176 city miles on it and the fuel gage has hardly moved

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Traded in an 2005 Ram 1500 Hemi, so far it's a good move, I've put 176 city miles on it and the fuel gage has hardly moved

Welcome Billy.. You'll love the fuel mileage increase over the Hemi.

issanni

Sep 26, 2016
Truck Year
I traded my wife's 2007 BMW X5 4.8 for the Ram 1500 4wd ED.........glad to be rid of that POS Bimmer. Gave her my Tahoe Hybrid that she's been wanting since I got it.

Radio_Flyer

Oct 3, 2016
Truck Year
Sold my Mazda CX-3 and bought my Ram 1500 Big Horn. I have a Ram 3500 that I use for towing and work. Loved to drive my truck, but the mileage and parking a dually wasn't good. The CX-3 was a good little car, but it was on the small side, small fuel tank, a little noisy and difficult to get in and out of, wife talked me into getting it. So I wanted back in a truck and found a great deal on my 1500. Love the look, sitting up high, comfort, can haul 5 people and great fuel mileage.

Gossman78

Oct 2, 2016
Truck Year
Traded in my 99 Chevy 2500 LS. It only had 95k miles but it was time. I'm on avg getting 23 mpg (combined). It's a '16 ED Laramie Limited. Hated the HUGE Ram on the tailgate and new grille so I had it removed at the body shop...sleeper... Love this truck beyond words. Once the warranty runs out I've got a D&J Diesel oil cooler that will be going on..with some other upgrades. Picture is unmodified from the factory. I've also added a topper. Currently has 26k miles and the factory tires are showing wear.... I'll use them up before I get the new BFGoodrich Mud T/A II.IMG_1582.jpg

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Traded in my 99 Chevy 2500 LS. It only had 95k miles but it was time. I'm on avg getting 23 mpg (combined). It's a '16 ED Laramie Limited. Hated the HUGE Ram on the tailgate and new grille so I had it removed at the body shop...sleeper... Love this truck beyond words. Once the warranty runs out I've got a D&J Diesel oil cooler that will be going on..with some other upgrades. Picture is unmodified from the factory. I've also added a topper. Currently has 26k miles and the factory tires are showing wear.... I'll use them up before I get the new BFGoodrich Mud T/A II.View attachment 902

Great looking truck! Welcome to the site!

zr2dude

Oct 15, 2016
Truck Year
Traded my 2010 ram with the hemi for a 2014 ford focus st, had it for 2 years and hit a deer at 70mph and totaled it out. So now i bought a used 2014 ecodiesel crew cab

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Traded my 2010 ram with the hemi for a 2014 ford focus st, had it for 2 years and hit a deer at 70mph and totaled it out. So now i bought a used 2014 ecodiesel crew cab
Welcome to the forum!

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Cash and financing! Still have my 95 Chevy Z71 with 360K on original drive line, yah lately when attempting to pass at 70mph it downshifts and slows down. Also I don't wash the mud off cause then the rust will fall off. I did sell a 2006 Ford F150 4X4, Crew that I bought from my daughter and son-in-law, two years ago, only 57K on the 5.4 Triton. Good truck as far as that goes, smooth, quiet. Did not feel like 14mpg highway and 10 towing was worth the money. Was looking for a retirement truck, truthfully GM, known quantity, but still rated 23mph highway. Test drove the RAM three months ago just to see how the ED ran and check out the space and ride quality of the newer RAM bodies. So pleasantly pleased and some discounted price even for 20K mile truck that we did not test drive a GM at the dealer next door. Some minor issues all handled under Warranty, except 5w-40 oil TSB, going in tomorrow for the intermittent dome light function, still impressed. Worst fuel mileage was 22.5 average. Still a little shocked about maintenance cost but hopefully I will be able to leverage the fuel mileage savings. The Ford was my only non GM truck which I have a history of driving for many years and miles so for this RAM to impress me this much is saying a lot. HP, Torque, fuel mileage, Cab space, road noise or lack thereof are all amazing. Like some other posters once the drive train warranty is up there definitely will be a d and j diesel oil cooler, maybe a programmer will be in order. Not much for exhaust I am kinda liking no noise. Already installed bed cover.

Sterrac

Oct 22, 2016
Truck Year
I traded in a 2000 Silverado that wouldn't pass PA inspection for the last two years. No registration since February. And it was my daily driver to and from work, no tickets. I figured driving to the dealership 30 miles away i was finally going to get nailed.

The trade in was a rust bucket, 180k. When the dealer removed my old plate, the thing fell off the bumper. Didn't need to remove the screws. It was time.

Here's both trucks at the dealership. I think the salesman strategically placed the trucks and the wife and I when making the deal....

IMG_0736.JPG