• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What's the best Engine Tune

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
HMM, maybe throw ALFA at it & do some poking around.
I was just looking at illustrations from the factory service manual & it shows a DEF quality sensor on the 2014 models, I wonder if it's the same on the 2017 models.

Last edited:

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
Did the tune this morning and initial impressions are good, still a tiny lag off idle, but unlike before I think it's turbo lag, sitting stationary it will start to rev immediately where as before you didn't know when the rpms would start to rise, feels like throttle feel will be much better. On a short drive it feels like a different vehicle.We're going to make a 20 mile run in a bit just to see how the fuel mileage looks via the lie-o-meter. I went with the SFT stage 1 with rally trans tune.

Last edited:

Ferrell

Jun 1, 2020
Truck Year
Did the tune tis morning and initial impressions are good, still a tinl lag off idle, but unlike before I think it's turbo lag, sitting stationary it will start to rev immediately where as before you didn't know when the rpms would start to rise, feels like throttle feel will be much better. On a short drive it feels like a different vehicle.We're going to make a 20 mile run in a bit just to see how the fuel mileage looks via the lie-o-meter. I went with the SFT stage 1 with rally trans tune.
Awesome man. I emailed my file last Thursday and haven’t gotten it back yet. I emailed them to see if i can find out what is going on!

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
That's crazy unless you have newer truck, mines a 17. I think they are still having issues with the newer trans tune.

Hpjunkie

Dec 9, 2018
Truck Year
Get the EGR recall done before you add the tune to your truck. Or there’s a possibility that they will flash your ECU delete your tune. I have a GDE hot tune on my truck, I am in the process of cloning a savage ECM to use in my truck and then take it to the dealer and have the EGR recall done. When I get home I can swap back to the GDE hot tune ECU.
I have 2 computers too

VWRICK

Mar 24, 2019
Truck Year
Wanting to tune my truck, if I ever get it back. Question if truck pukes and stops running, can you install stock tune before it goes back to dealer, so they don't bitch about being tuned and void warranty ?

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
Yes, the newer tunes are in a handheld device, GDE has a compliant tune that may not affect your warranty, I wanted a tune that would shut down the EGR, so I went with SFT.

malquid

Feb 6, 2021
Truck Year
Hi all,
I have a 2017 ecodiesel and am looking at a tune with a full delete. what I want is the engine and tranny tune in one shot with the EGR SCR and DEF deletes. I'm taking it all out. Why would anyone leave it in? after reading all the comments, It looks like HD is the way to go for me.
The EGR especially soots everything up. thats got to go.

any thoughts on the best way to do this all in 1 shot with one company?

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
HD DIESEL in Canada may offer the whole works, I don't think any us companies offering it. Only 3 reasons to leave it in place first is warranty, second is state emissions testing and third is that you won't be able to use it as a trade in should the need arise.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
According to sofakingtuned website engine and trans tunes are now on one touch screen tuner

malquid

Feb 6, 2021
Truck Year
HD DIESEL in Canada may offer the whole works, I don't think any us companies offering it. Only 3 reasons to leave it in place first is warranty, second is state emissions testing and third is that you won't be able to use it as a trade in should the need arise.
Great info. I have a year left on the warranty, I’m at 28,000 miles, no it’s a 17 so supposedly the cooler problem is fixed. No state emissions where I’m at. I can sell it privately not trade it in. That’s my thought process on removal of emissions. Sound solid?

Mesatoneman

Dec 27, 2020
Truck Year
Your correct T126, Factory-Stage1-Stage2, ecu and tcu are at your fingertips after you pay for and load them on to Touchscrean

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
Great info. I have a year left on the warranty, I’m at 28,000 miles, no it’s a 17 so supposedly the cooler problem is fixed. No state emissions where I’m at. I can sell it privately not trade it in. That’s my thought process on removal of emissions. Sound solid?
I also have a 17, SFT stage 1 with the rally trans tune. My truck had 14,343miles on December 30 2019 when I bought it, it's got 10 miles now before it turns 35,000, I'm running a diluted DEF, about 60% distilled water & it's great, I think it can go to as low as about 80% water. I've been real happy with the tune, had an issue with DEF useage & they made an adjustment & all is good now, I contacted them about the useage again & was going to have it redone again but it settled down drastically. We don't have emissions here either, but a little leery about the full delete right now because I have a lot of warranty left. When I traded in my GMC on it I had to reinstall the stock tune before the dealership would take it in.

Last edited:

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
Hi all,
I have a 2017 ecodiesel and am looking at a tune with a full delete. what I want is the engine and tranny tune in one shot with the EGR SCR and DEF deletes. I'm taking it all out. Why would anyone leave it in? after reading all the comments, It looks like HD is the way to go for me.
The EGR especially soots everything up. thats got to go.

any thoughts on the best way to do this all in 1 shot with one company?
I mentioned HD DIESEL because I think they have the tunes and the delete pipes available as a kit.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
I also have a 17, SFT stage 1 with the rally trans tune. My truck had 14,343miles on December 30 2019 when I bought it, it's got 10 miles now before it turns 35,000, I'm running a diluted DEF, about 60% distilled water & it's great, I think it can go to as low as about 80% water. I've been real happy with the tune, had an issue with DEF useage & they made an adjustment & all is good now, I contacted them about the useage again & was going to have it redone again but it settled down drastically. We don't have emissions here either, but a little leery about the full delete right now because I have a lot of warranty left. When I traded in my GMC on it I had to reinstall the stock tune before the dealership would take it in.
You can run 100% distilled water with SFTs stage 1

malquid

Feb 6, 2021
Truck Year
I mentioned HD DIESEL because I think they have the tunes and the delete pipes available as a kit.
I see that. I like that idea. It seems each company has good points but it’s missing something. HD seems to be the only complete package. I can tell if there is a downfall to buying a engine tune here, a tranny there and the delete packages elsewhere. It’s perplexing trying to put it together with compatible pieces. Maybe I’m way overthinking it,

malquid

Feb 6, 2021
Truck Year
Your correct T126, Factory-Stage1-Stage2, ecu and tcu are at your fingertips after you pay for and load them on to Touchscrean
Mesatoneman, exactly what is stage 1 and Stage two? I see these thrown around interchangeably.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Stage 1 is for leaving all factory components intact
Stage 2 is when you "delete" or remove components such as the EGR, etc