• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Where to mount CB Antenna

shankscomp

Aug 12, 2016
Truck Year
I have a 4ft Wilson Fiberglass antenna that I would like to mount on the truck. Problem is, finding the hood mount seems to be an huge challenge. So I'm looking for alternatives for mounting the antenna. Plus I know the 4ft antenna will need to be taken off the truck when I pull into the garage, or any garage (parking ramps) for that matter. Any suggestions?

Just got my new 2016 EcoDiesel home from the dealership last night. Loving it so far!

Thanks
Tim

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
As @BoostN said or put a plate between the cab and box similar to a tie down for a slide in camper and mount it just alongside the box and cab transition

Radio_Flyer

Oct 3, 2016
Truck Year
I am going to put my 3' Firestik in a stake mount with the heavy duty spring, running the coax down inside the stake pocket and up through the front of the floor storage pocket. I have the coax run this way on my 3500 and haven't had any issues with it, plus it drops the coax right under the driver's seat. I am planning on putting my cobra in front of my seat attached to that pocket on the side of the console. My KL 200P will mount under the seat. Other than the Firestik this is the setup I have on my 3500 but with a Wilson 1000 magnet mount and it works great.