• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Who has a 2020 eco? Any issues yet?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The Alfa works on My 2019 9 (Gas) with SGM Bypass.

bill-e

May 2, 2015
Truck Year
The Alfa works on My 2019 9 (Gas) with SGM Bypass.

Weird that my 2020 doesn't need that

bill-e

May 2, 2015
Truck Year
for torque pro

Boone

Dec 19, 2019
Truck Year
How many guys have a 3rd gen. Just ordered one will be trading in my problem free 2015 eco bighorn. Any issues yet?
Yes, I ordered a 2020 ecodiesel limited and received on 12/23/19. And yes she has issues. It was a custom order and here are my issues.
1. engine vibration in accelerator pedal and steering between 1900 to 2500 rpm under acceleration. No Fix yet but acknowledged the issue. The dealer rented a vibration meter and told me it was because of the HD frame. Yes I am not kidding.
2. Fuel mileage not as advertised. 17-18 city never 21 unless you add in 50% highway driving. Highway averages 25 which is good but not close to 29. and if you go faster than 70 she will go down to 24. and I have the high gears 3:31.
3. Been in the shop for a ram box that kept on opening after closing the door. replaced computer and fixed.
4. Was just in the shop with a blown front passenger air spring with 10K miles on it. Took dealer 2 weeks to fix because part was not readily available.
5. They are going to replace a rambox cover because the sun is already twisting it, Its plastic. Ram you need to press those covers out of aluminum or steel.
6. I have a nice factory dent which the dealer is going to fix. see photo. Not fixed yet.

The dealer has been good so I don't fault them.

Bay Dodge Ram Panama City, FL

Would I buy her again? Definitely not this one. Go with gas and coil springs because the vehicle is undriveable with a blown air bag. Ram can pretend the vibration isnt there but it is. and for the 5K diesel adder and all of the potential emission issues and costs associated with that go gas. Sorry Ram it is what it is. If you want to make it right call me.IMG_3178.JPG

bill-e

May 2, 2015
Truck Year
So the more I drive my truck the more I love it. I've only got 2300 miles on it with about 800 miles towing my 7k+ camper and it is a pleasure to drive. I don't/haven't experienced any lag or pause. I am pretty easy on the truck and don't stomp on the pedal during normal driving so maybe that's the reason. I also never experienced anything except the expected turbo lag on my 15 either until the AEM and then that "pause" was cured with Diesel Kleen.

ocn

Jun 12, 2016
Truck Year
We picked up our 2020 in May replacing a 2014 ED that had 238000 miles on it. So far we have about 14000 miles on the new truck. I occasionally get a light vibration felt most in steering wheel. Every once in a while it is really sluggish when cold, dealer could not find any issues. Any this dealer was excellent with our 2014. The one thing that bugs me are the brakes. On first push pedal goes lower than it should, feeling like old school rear drum brakes that are way out of adjustment. A quick second or third pump and the pedal is nice and high and braking performance is as it should be. Fuel economy has been good with life time average of 23.2 mpg by hand calc, with best a touch over 30 mpg. Towing 28 ft, 8300 lbs enclosed car trailer with race junk in it has been about 14-15 mpg, essentially the same as the 2014.

Rebelguy2020

Aug 29, 2020
Truck Year
I now have 3050, i have figured out through my son that says it's turbo lag. If you let off the gas and coast a sec before changing lanes or something it takes a sec for the exhaust to get built back up in the turbo... so he says.. his words were drive it like ya stole it, gas on it. It still does it, probably won't ever give off a code because of that. I am also, now at this point not sure if i am liking the suspension, it's soft, soft enough it leans when cornering, something that my old truck, also a limited, didn't do till about 6 years or so. They added 4"? to the back seat which takes away from the bed. I never thought anything of that until I went to pick something up (that I had done before) and was about 3 or 4" short in getting the tailgate shut. :-/ Guess i'll have to get used to all the new quirks.
They added 4 inches to the cab and added the same 4 inches to the frame of the truck, the box lengths did not change, 5’7” or 6’4”.

Boone

Dec 19, 2019
Truck Year
I have a 2020 limited that developed an engine vibration during moderate acceleration from 1900 to 2500 rpms. Truck has 12k miles on her. Dealer went through whole drive and exhaust system. Shifted engine and no relief. The vibration is felt in steering wheel and accelerator pedal and passenger floor board and definitely coming from engine. Ram had dealer rent a vibration meter and dealer told me it was due to new heavy duty frame. Can I get a bucket of compressed air with that diagnosis please? It’s an engine issue but where who knows.

oh and the factory dent in passenger door jam that I missed because I am the only driver. They told me it was due to outside influence. I got Rammed. 🐏

Attachments

• E6242752-3359-4024-8997-ECDC1C45C73B.jpeg
    E6242752-3359-4024-8997-ECDC1C45C73B.jpeg
    291.7 KB · Views: 11

Dlguzz

Sep 22, 2020
Truck Year
Not Listed
I've had the 2021 for just over a month now. Approx 3k miles so far. LOVE It! The quietest, most comfortable truck I've owned. We'll see about reliability. I've always driven Ford.

Boone

Dec 19, 2019
Truck Year
It’s a really nice truck just has a few issues mainly the engine vibration at certain rpms under moderate acceleration. Unfortunately every build is different. If I was Ram I would make my customers happy.
My wife bought a new BMW and came with a 4 year warranty and BMW knows how to take care of a customer.
I believe my dealer did everything they could but Ram blocked them on the difficult issues.
They replaced a computer because one of my side ram bins kept on opening whenever I stepped out of truck. Fixed No problem. Right front air suspension popped at 10k miles fixed no problem. But if you get a difficult problem suck it up buttercup. Mileage is not close to advertised on highway. I have the tall gears 3:31 I think and you can get 25 mpg which is really good but why advertise 29? Just to irritate and let down the consumer.? Town is 17-19 range never seen 21 locally. Ram just advertise 19/25 on the sticker and get some respect ✊. Interior space is well done. One of my ram box lids is twisted because it’s made out of plastic. The new one is going to be installed in 2 weeks by dealer. No problem 😉 well it’s not done yet but it’s there waiting on me. Ram stamp those ram box lids out of aluminum. I see sun twisted plastic ram box lids everywhere.
Overall could be an excellent truck except for that vibration driving me off the deep end. You feel it in the steering wheel, accelerator pedal and passenger floor board.

JVF

Jan 5, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
I wasn't asking you about your miles, I was asking the person who was having trouble with his Eco diesel
I'd also like to hear of any complaints. Just totaled my 2018. Have cold feet on going this rout again. Mine had GDE ecm and never had an issue except for the latest recall on egr. They just don't tow worth a hoot if you have hills like in Colorado.12 mpg towing

Gatsby174

Jan 8, 2021
Truck Year
I custom ordered my Laramie on November 5th, 2019 and took delivery on December 14th, 2019, so mine was build pre-covid. They tell me that I got one of the first EDs in the Northeast of the US. It's a CC LB with air suspension and the off-road package. I could not be happier with the truck. I have driven lots of heavy duty diesels (all Cummins powered), but as my driving needs have changed, went down to the 1500 for this truck and was nervous about the smaller "finickier" consumer level truck. I have not been disappointed. As a long-time diesel owner, I faithfully put Wellworth Summit in every tankful and have ran a tank with Hotshot's Diesel extreme at 6k and 12k miles. Currently at 13,800 miles and haven't had even a hiccup. I did have two recalls taken care of at the dealer. A ground bolt that wasn't long enough and the windshield wiper retorque, but hadn't had any issue with either one before they were fixed. Fuel mileage unloaded in the summer is right around 27mpg hand calculated, in the winter I'm at 23mpg. I can't believe how great this truck runs and drives - I hope my good fortune holds!

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Castby, Many 2018-19s are relabeled 2017-18s, FCA Manufacture 1000s of them that could NOT be sold do to the EPA Lawsuit, I have VIN# for 2017 that Customers Ordered and could NOT take Possession due to the Lawsuit, only to find these VIN#s sold as 2018-19.

Just check You door For MFG Date, 5 weeks is unheard of , not that it not possible, Ram Did NOT manufacture Eco's for 2.5 Years, All they did was re-flash 2017-18s their were Stored around the World.

I would like to see the Door Tag W/O the VIN# or just email the VIN#. I was the 1st Person in the World to Find that the 3.0VM had conditional (AECD) Violating CAA (COC) its well document at Many Sites (Publicly) Late 2015 early 2016. I'm very close to Finishing My Investigation in to What May be another Scandal By Fiat, Its Fiat's full control, I don't Place this in FCA hands, its ALL FIAT.

I have over 1000s Pages of Communications and other Info I may submit.

1610121894674.png

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Thanks Gatsby174...I will keep the investigation open but its getting to its closure. 2020 Were in production at that timeframe All good.

Berzerker

Feb 23, 2021
Truck Year
2020 1500 Ecodiesel Gen 3. I bought it new. I've put 8,000 miles on it. I now have an oil leak. Dealer looked this morning and oil leaking out of the turbo air intake line! They are digging into it deeper today. Anybody else have this issue?

ocn

Jun 12, 2016
Truck Year
Just over 24000 miles on our 2020 2WD Laramie which replaced a 2014 with nearly 250000 miles. So far the only issues have been the occasional sluggish acceleration that there have noted, which my dealer tells me there is now a TSB to address that issue. And occasional shut down and rebooting of the radio/center screen, another item my dealer has noted is a known issue. However, he was not sure the fix was out for that yet. Roughly 5000 miles has been towing, mostly our enclosed car trailer that checks in at about 8400 lbs. Tows just fine.

biodiesel

Nov 24, 2020
Truck Year
I have a 2015 and 2020 Ram EcoDiesel. Due to COVID-19, I was working from home and didn't drive either truck for a while. I only have 2,813 miles on my 2020. So far, I love both trucks and haven't had any major issues with either one.

RRL3165

Nov 12, 2019
Truck Year
They added 4 inches to the cab and added the same 4 inches to the frame of the truck, the box lengths did not change, 5’7” or 6’4”.
That bed is slightly shorter. Things I had previously carried before I could not get the tail gate closed with this one. Same size box and all.