• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Who has a 2020 eco? Any issues yet?

jpap2418

Mar 3, 2016
Truck Year
How many guys have a 3rd gen. Just ordered one will be trading in my problem free 2015 eco bighorn. Any issues yet?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
How many guys have a 3rd gen. Just ordered one will be trading in my problem free 2015 eco bighorn. Any issues yet?

They are still pretty new, we've got a few members with 2020's here.. hopefully some will chime in!

Ram19

Nov 2, 2019
Truck Year
I'm driving a gen-3 2020 and loving it so far.

I don't have a ton of miles on it yet, but so far I'm very impressed with it for drivability & power. It doesn't have any of the performance issues that my '14 ED had when it was new. The 2020 doesn't have any of the dead petal feel from a stop and it also has a high idle feature from the factory and I can tell it has more power as well. This one is much more pleasurable to drive than my '14 was before I did the GDE tune on it, in fact at this point I would see no reason for a tune other than wanting to shut of the EGR system.

The transmission software mapping seems to be better as well. The shifts are crisper feeling than they were on my '14.

Hope this helps!

jpap2418

Mar 3, 2016
Truck Year
Excellent thank you. Mine should be in around March. Just a shame values dropped so much on mine. Only $20k trade in.

Nj/Pa

Jan 8, 2020
Truck Year
Thanks! Didn’t have many options out there during employee pricing. The 6.5 bed was difficult to find in the 3.0l but dealer found one and got it for me. So far no regrets getting rid of my GMC !

Ram19

Nov 2, 2019
Truck Year
Great looking truck!! Congrat's on finding it, I hope you like it as well as I have mine so far!

Daddybear551

Apr 5, 2020
Truck Year
I also recently n
Bought a 2020 and love it so far, it tows great and gets great MPG, although I bought a RAM 2500 new in 2009 with the 6.7 and At 100000 miles had the egr delete and chipped, I pulled alot of loads some with 40 ft gooseneck, driving on the highway with out trailer I averaged 27 mpg, I had 354,000 miles on it when a jerk hit me from behind At 70 plus MPH while I was stopped to turn, and totalled it, that was the best truck I have ever owned

jpap2418

Mar 3, 2016
Truck Year
Yes I know pics are upside down. Tried 6 different times still come out like that. Finally got my new 2020 Gen 3 that I ordered in January. Hands down much better than my 2015 and I had no issues with that and only did the aem 3 days before trade in. Ride and throttle response 100% better than my previous truck. The only thing I’m not happy with was the price but stepped up from big horn to Laramie. Even kept the 6 passenger seat which baffled my salesman but I use it. Hopefully someone will make a tune and delete for it before everything gets shut down. My edge monitor does not seem to work with this truck. Will try to update the software on it.

Attachments

• image1_1.jpg
    image1_1.jpg
    503.9 KB · Views: 47
  • image2_2.jpg
    image2_2.jpg
    380.4 KB · Views: 46

Daddybear551

Apr 5, 2020
Truck Year
Good looking truck, I also just got mine a couple of weeks ago and really like it, I have read the posts from A few people who are complaining about thier eco diesel but have 300000 plus miles them, and they were the older ones and they are using them commercially, I have had 6 of y 6.7 diesels and loved them, they just don't get the mileage that the Eco diesel gets

RRL3165

Nov 12, 2019
Truck Year
I just got a 2020 limited. Saturday will be 3 weeks. Yesterday about 630 miles had a throttle response issue. Just like it did after the update on my old one. 2014 ecodiesel no problems other than i did not like the update.
Unsure of what do at this point, I am so disappointed. It happened after going slow in traffic then trying to accelerate and change lanes. I loved my other truck. Not sure what I am going to do about this situation, googled and found one other complaint from a guy I think in VA regarding the same issue.

boosti

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
The new 2020 model was reviewed by a well respected YouTube channel. They didn’t like the lag at all and preferred the New Chevy diesel.

RRL3165

Nov 12, 2019
Truck Year
I am figuring that out now. Am prepared to do the lemon law if they cannot fix it.
Or something I don't know.

FL Ram Eco Diesel

Apr 7, 2020
Truck Year
Hi Everyone, I'm new to this forum. I just bought a 2020 Laramie Eco Diesel. Its too new to review yet. I only put about 100 miles on it.
I searched pretty thoroughly to find the truck I wanted. I did test drive a chevy and did like the engine response but figured I Still wanted the Ram even with the slight lag. I did see for older Eco Diesels there is a tune from GDS but I didn't see one for the 2020. I think this will give us a possible solution for the lag in the future?
So far I love the truck gas mileage around town is about 26 mpg, which is a BIG Improvement over my Titan that I traded! The main reason I started looking at the Eco Diesel is I bought a camper , about 5500 lbs. The My Titan pulled it fine BUT, with its 23 gal tank and 9 mpg towing my range was only 200 miles TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE! SO now I own an Eco Diesel!

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yes I know pics are upside down. Tried 6 different times still come out like that. Finally got my new 2020 Gen 3 that I ordered in January. Hands down much better than my 2015 and I had no issues with that and only did the aem 3 days before trade in. Ride and throttle response 100% better than my previous truck. The only thing I’m not happy with was the price but stepped up from big horn to Laramie. Even kept the 6 passenger seat which baffled my salesman but I use it. Hopefully someone will make a tune and delete for it before everything gets shut down. My edge monitor does not seem to work with this truck. Will try to update the software on it.

Awesome, Say in touch......Be careful. 2018+ Plus trucks have SGM (Secure Gateway Module) There are aftermarket bypass modules up to 2019 that are about $50.00, It works on My 2019. I will keep my ear open on 2020. Infotainment claims it works. https://www.infotainment.com/products/fca-security-gateway-module-bypass. If you decided to use this Bypass for Info purpose it MUST be Plugged in properly , If NOT the entire vehicle will go dead, In most cases WITECH or Tool that can clear the security codes will allow it to start, You won't have radio and the use of accessories until after driving a bit.

The CTS should work.

Bypass module

1586351098814.png

RRL3165

Nov 12, 2019
Truck Year
Hi Everyone, I'm new to this forum. I just bought a 2020 Laramie Eco Diesel. Its too new to review yet. I only put about 100 miles on it.
I searched pretty thoroughly to find the truck I wanted. I did test drive a chevy and did like the engine response but figured I Still wanted the Ram even with the slight lag. I did see for older Eco Diesels there is a tune from GDS but I didn't see one for the 2020. I think this will give us a possible solution for the lag in the future?
So far I love the truck gas mileage around town is about 26 mpg, which is a BIG Improvement over my Titan that I traded! The main reason I started looking at the Eco Diesel is I bought a camper , about 5500 lbs. The My Titan pulled it fine BUT, with its 23 gal tank and 9 mpg towing my range was only 200 miles TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE! SO now I own an Eco Diesel!
Wait till you are pulling out on a street or changing lanes and your truck decides to take a 3 or 4 second pause before it decides to accelerate... I am torn, went by the dealership today and was told it's an eco diesel thing. Things that can possibly put you in a dangerous situation not a good thing. I'm still upset, love the truck but won't put up with the throttle response at certain times. Then wait till its cold outside cause it will be worse, that is if it's like it was after the update on the older ones.