• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Your first mod

murrrphh

Sep 7, 2016
Truck Year
What's up everybody. Just curious as to what your first mod was on your ecodiesel

First to mine was the Bilstein 5100 adjustable level up front!

flying7

Jul 15, 2014
Truck Year
Window tint. Match the front to the back.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I think my first mod was debadging the doors. I couldn't live with the huge 1500 numbers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
My first mod is replacing the factory dust cap that comes on the fuel tank with a green billet cap. And since I was in the neighborhood, I ordered a blue billet DEF cap too. They should arrive in a couple days.

They looked so neat on the computer that I was shopping for a cool billet aluminum engine oil fill cap too, but haven't found one for this engine.

Floor mats are next on the agenda. Can't decide between Weather Tech or Husky. I had Weather Techs on my last truck and I honestly wasn't impressed. They slide around a lot. I'm thinking the nubs on the bottom of the Huskys would be better.

murrrphh

Sep 7, 2016
Truck Year
My first mod is replacing the factory dust cap that comes on the fuel tank with a green billet cap. And since I was in the neighborhood, I ordered a blue billet DEF cap too. They should arrive in a couple days.

They looked so neat on the computer that I was shopping for a cool billet aluminum engine oil fill cap too, but haven't found one for this engine.

Floor mats are next on the agenda. Can't decide between Weather Tech or Husky. I had Weather Techs on my last truck and I honestly wasn't impressed. They slide around a lot. I'm thinking the nubs on the bottom of the Huskys would be better.

I haven't heard much about the Husky ones. Let me know how they work out!

Diesel30

Aug 1, 2013
What's up everybody. Just curious as to what your first mod was on your ecodiesel

First to mine was the Bilstein 5100 adjustable level up front!

Did you install yourself? been thinking about leveling the front of mine a little bit.

murrrphh

Sep 7, 2016
Truck Year
Did you install yourself? been thinking about leveling the front of mine a little bit.
I local shop did it. I went with the leveling shocks because I read somewhere that traditional leveling kits put strain on the ball joints and it ultimately leads to failure. Only about 250 miles on the setup now but I'm happy so far. It's a nice ride. I'll keep you updated though

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
First thing I did was put a BAK Roll-X tonneau cover. Had it delivered at home before even picking up the truck from the dealership and was on that night. Gone now in favor of a shell though.

I think the most important upgrade I did was the Enlight HID Retrofit with the factory projector headlights. Was my second or third project and one of the most vital.

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
First mod I did was swapping tires and wheels off my trade in. Then Bak g2 tonneau cover and led bed lighting.

murrrphh

Sep 7, 2016
Truck Year
First mod I did was swapping tires and wheels off my trade in. Then Bak g2 tonneau cover and led bed lighting.
What tires and wheels did you go with? I want to ditch the steelies I have on now but I don't know if it's worth the price

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year

I put the husky ones in mine after having weather techs in my last 6 pickups, I like the way the husky ones fit, weather tech ones look a little better in my opinion, but husky gets my vote from now on. Did those with a lo-pro qt tonneau cover, edge insight cts2 for tire size adjustment, put 265/75r20 hankook Dynapro AT's on, 10ply tires seem to hold up a lot better to gravel and rocks than the garbage stock 4 ply tires. Debadged it right away and probably gonna do tint before long. Was wanting to try a tuner, but too many mixed opinions on engine reliability for me to void the warranty.

StevenB

Mar 30, 2016
Truck Year
Hell Bent Steel 2" leveling kit, wheels and tires are next

MBDon

Sep 14, 2016
Truck Year
First mod was replacing cloth upholstery with leather, followed closely by tubular step rails, tonneau cover and bed mat. Latest mod was added today......Phillips LED daytime running lights.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
First mod was replacing cloth upholstery with leather, followed closely by tubular step rails, tonneau cover and bed mat. Latest mod was added today......Phillips LED daytime running lights.
How was the leather project? I'd really like it at least do the front buckets.... pics? Cost?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

MBDon

Sep 14, 2016
Truck Year
The leather turned out great. The product was Katskins. I've had it done to several vehicles and have been happy with each and every one. Estimated cost will be somewhere between $1200 and $1600, depending upon where you have it done and the amount of labor involved. In my instance, the leather covered both the front and rear seats and all five head rests. The cost was $1500.

Aug 28, 2016
Truck Year
First Mod was Husky floormats. I love them. Also ordered them for my wife's RAV 4. Then I swapped the stock bighorn 20'' Rims and Tires for Factory 17'' rims with 285 70R 17 Hankook ATM 10 plys. Then I installed Seatcovers. Coverking Tactical Balistic on the Front and Coverking Ballistic on the rear. Fit wonderfully and I love the molle pouches. Then it was the GDE Tuner. That's all for a while, but I'm kinda considering a Leer Topper.