• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

RECALL R51 - FCA Recommends a Winter Front Cover for Colder Climates with EcoDiesels

Stuart Liddle

Jan 3, 2018
Truck Year
Here is some of the communication I had tonight via live chat with Wendy a customer care associate
d644ad443fe0128285374035e7b96d53.jpg
b014c9e1a1dad995781b8ddbad492c33.jpg
I'm going through the same crap with my tyuck.
So far the dealer told me the problem was due to a fuil issue so they replaced the fuil filter and added a fuil additive. I have paid and installed the block heater cable my self and the dealer said the grill cover should be used but i have to pay for that.
They do have the software update for the truck so it will run better in cold weather but i also have to pay for that to be down loaded to the truck. I'm having them do the software update but also arguing with them as to why i have to pay for it.
FYI i also have a stuck float in the DEF tank witch they said the tank needs to be replaced and the tank cost $2,500 so I'm trying to get that covered by the extended warranty i got.

solarvic

Jun 28, 2015
Truck Year
I'm going through the same crap with my tyuck.
So far the dealer told me the problem was due to a fuil issue so they replaced the fuil filter and added a fuil additive. I have paid and installed the block heater cable my self and the dealer said the grill cover should be used but i have to pay for that.
They do have the software update for the truck so it will run better in cold weather but i also have to pay for that to be down loaded to the truck. I'm having them do the software update but also arguing with them as to why i have to pay for it.
FYI i also have a stuck float in the DEF tank witch they said the tank needs to be replaced and the tank cost $2,500 so I'm trying to get that covered by the extended warranty i got.

solarvic

Jun 28, 2015
Truck Year
When I had those problems the dealer said it was fuel injectors. The replaced them and the fuel filter. I decided to use Power service diesel fuel supplement and have not had any more problems. there is a summer grade in silver bottle and winter grade in white bottle. Comrs in quart bottles and good for 100 gallons. Most auto supply stores have it and Walmart has it. I mix 8 oz to each tank of fuel.

spaightlabs

Feb 11, 2018
Truck Year
Here is some of the communication I had tonight via live chat with Wendy a customer care associate
d644ad443fe0128285374035e7b96d53.jpg
b014c9e1a1dad995781b8ddbad492c33.jpg
Long time listener, first time caller...got my ED (EcoDiesel, not erectile disfunction) 2 days ago.

Was gonna go goose hunting today but it was -16 at my lease so I figured I'd need to keep the sucker running for a bit and didn't want to make the run w/o a winter front...

Does Wendy the wonder rep know that every truck comes with a block heater, but not all have the power cord?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Long time listener, first time caller...got my ED (EcoDiesel, not erectile disfunction) 2 days ago.

Was gonna go goose hunting today but it was -16 at my lease so I figured I'd need to keep the sucker running for a bit and didn't want to make the run w/o a winter front...

Does Wendy the wonder rep know that every truck comes with a block heater, but not all have the power cord?

Nope, most dealers have no idea of many things themselves. Places like this make it awesome for us owners.

Welcome to the site!

Stevensr2409

Nov 8, 2019
Truck Year
I would like instructions as to how to install. If anyone could help me out that would be appreciated. Thanks in advanced