• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How many miles on your ecodiesel and have you had any problems?

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Jdn, why no engine warranty???

Edit* - found post explaining why.

-Brady

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I mean maybe it's no big deal but who knows

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
In all likelihood you'll never have a problem.

-Brady

polecat

Feb 11, 2016
Truck Year
I am wondering what the conclusion was with your truck. I'm looking for more information from people who have contaminated fuel issues, your post was the only on i saw that mentioned it.

No conclusion yet . Investigator finally responded to Dealer service 45 days after fire . Truck has been in a "Coma " 4 months and no end in site . I have 1 email response from FAC reminding me I had insurance as an alternative to the long wait and a loaner car as a courtesy . Also repairs authorized . Love Ram truck , most personnel I've dealt with at company level SUCK . Arbitration next step .
If I can send email response from Ram or upload to this site ,you wont believe their attitude . OEM injector blew apart within 50 miles after install caused fire and they ask me to ask my insurance to pay again ? Beginning month 5 of truck from hell nightmare .
If previous " doubters " still have those thoughts I will email copies of bills , fire dept reports , horrible reply from Ram and hope you never have a major Fiat / Chrysler / Ram / Jeep problem .

Don the 2

Feb 14, 2016
Truck Year
I wanted to take a quick poll and ask how many miles do you have and if you have any problems?

I have 15000 miles but no problems. I'm happy with my ecodiesel so far!!
I have 14000 miles and it has been in for repairs 7 times, not happy. Latest issues cat. converter gone. previous 1 new egr valve 5 updates to computer

polecat

Feb 11, 2016
Truck Year
Truck still in shop , 73 days . All repairs made , 15662.00 then turbo resonator cracked . Ordered and replaced . Tech doing road test , injector seal blew , atomized fuel caught fire . Fire dept called so " Lucifer " now has a Carfax history . Chrysler investigator coming to inspect .

June 18 will be 5 months in shop . Almost 3 months since fire and not a damn word from Ram after repeated calls , letters and emails . Start lemon law process tomorrow . If thinking about Fiat Ram purchase think again .

Dougeb

Apr 14, 2016
Truck Year
36000 miles new cat at 16000, drivers side door handle, blown engine bottom end at 33000, bad sensor, no cold a/c at 34000, cruise control stopped working, and now the paint is coming off the hood. Love this truck but really tired of all the issues. I wanted to keep it but now thinking I want to get rid of it

Denis Jordan

Apr 4, 2016
Truck Year
Mine had 9000 miles
Blown motor March 6th
Still In shop
Doing lemon law buy back
Will probably buy another I really liked it

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
20500 miles and so far only the backup camera has taken a crap. Should note it is an aftermarket unit, installed by a 3rd party, prior to delivery. Repaired under warranty.

-Brady

Donald Hull

Jun 20, 2016
Truck Year
OH BOY ! I didn't find anything serious in regards to complaints when researching the Eco diesel . I test drove a couple and LOVED it ! Did some serious shopping around. Purchased a 2016 Ram Big horn crew cab. I mean I just purchased the truck so I have no miles to speak of ! Are these problems related to any particular years ? Have they made any changes to the current year trucks ? Anybody here had problems with the 2016's ? I'm not feeling so well ....

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
OH BOY ! I didn't find anything serious in regards to complaints when researching the Eco diesel . I test drove a couple and LOVED it ! Did some serious shopping around. Purchased a 2016 Ram Big horn crew cab. I mean I just purchased the truck so I have no miles to speak of ! Are these problems related to any particular years ? Have they made any changes to the current year trucks ? Anybody here had problems with the 2016's ? I'm not feeling so well ....
Just drive it! The percentage of failures are minuscule. There's no reason to think your truck won't give you years of trouble free ownership. Keep up on the routine maintenance and I'd bet the house you'll be fine....

-Brady

Donald Hull

Jun 20, 2016
Truck Year
Just drive it! The percentage of failures are minuscule. There's no reason to think your truck won't give you years of trouble free ownership. Keep up on the routine maintenance and I'd bet the house you'll be fine....

-Brady

Thanks for the reassurance. I hope you are correct. It is an awesome trucks and I love it ! It probably seems like there are a lot of failures because once everyone has an issue with it they get online , do a search and then find this site. I wish everyone the best of luck !

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Thanks for the reassurance. I hope you are correct. It is an awesome trucks and I love it ! It probably seems like there are a lot of failures because once everyone has an issue with it they get online , do a search and then find this site. I wish everyone the best of luck !

We want the users not having problems to find this site as well!! :D

flyingpig333

Jun 21, 2016
Truck Year
21,000 miles and have only had the truck in for routine maintenance. I believe the last time it was in the dealership changed out the dpf pump/injector as a recall item. A lady my wife works for mentioned they have a '14 model as well and started having issues around 28K, but she could not be specific. Any thoughts on the extended warranty? I don't have it, but can still add it for a period of time yet. We love our truck.