Air Suspension

• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

paparoach48

Sep 10, 2019
Truck Year
I'm thinking of trading my 2014 Ram 2500 because I hear air suspension could be problematic. I want to buy a new or used truck w/o air suspension if possible or a warranty.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Actually I'm from California and Truck is a 2014 Ram 2500 6.7
My next door neighbor purchased a 2017 new and stated that there was an option for air ride on his 2500 crew cab, $4500, so he did not opt in. After his first trip with his Toy Hauler RV, to Colorado, he purchased rear assist bags with on board compressor and in cab controls, uses to level out the truck, is very satisfied. If your truck has self leveling air ride and you distrust it, I would think a replacement with springs would be cheaper than a purchase of a new truck. Unless you told the wife that is the only way to get springs, then I'm with you brother.
Seriously, most of the issues have been in colder climate with no indoor storage, allows atmospheric contamination to clear the vent tubing. My 2014 and my wife's 2015 Jeep GC have had no issues, except for a weak fuse, which I replaced with no other recurrences. We are in NE Oklahoma which should be similar to Southern CA in weather temperament.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
As long as it does not get down to freezing u should have no problems the factory uses nitrogen no rust no water and they even freeze up