• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Class action lawsuit regarding Engine Replacement

madbed

May 10, 2023
Truck Year
I'm in the queue; I was having a lot of soot in the intake manifold coming from the EGR. Dealer didn't want to replace it even it's part of the Extended Warranty of the settlement and a week later I got the engine knocking cylinder 3. Dealer said needs replacement of full engine. I'm waiting FCA to announce; if not I'm getting into litigation with them. One more Ecodiesel engine to replace.

image2.jpegimage0.jpeg

madbed

May 10, 2023
Truck Year
These are the law firms that handled the Ecodiesel Settlement:
On behalf of the Class: David S. Stellings Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP 250 Hudson Street, 8th Floor New York, NY 10013 Telephone: (212) 355-9500 E-mail: [email protected] b.

On behalf of the Fiat Chrysler Defendants: William B. Monahan Sullivan & Cromwell LLP 125 Broad Street New York, New York 10004-2498 Telephone: (212) 558-7375 E-mail: [email protected]

Neutral: Kenneth R. Feinberg, Esq. Law Offices of Kenneth R. Feinberg, PC The Willard Office Building 1455 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Suite 390 Washington, DC 20004-1008 Telephone: (202) 371-1110 E-mail: [email protected]

see below excerpt from the final judgment how much law firm eat out of the settlement money:
The Court GRANTS Class Counsel’s request for attorneys’ fees and costs, and AWARDS Class Counsel $59 million in attorneys’ fees and $7 million in costs to be paid by the Defendants in addition to the compensation available to the Class, and to be allocated by Lead Counsel among the PSC firms and additional counsel performing work under Pretrial Order Nos. 3 and 4. 6. The Court AWARDS the Settlement Class Representatives service awards of $5,000 each, also to be paid by the Defendants in addition to the compensation available to the Class.

biodiesel

Nov 24, 2020
Truck Year
I would be willing to head up filing a class action suit regarding engine replacement.
Not to be Debbie Downer, but you're the 3,527th person who has made this type of comment. Everyone who makes these types of announcements are never to be seen again. In other words, it appears to be a pipedream.

scease

Nov 9, 2023
Truck Year
I would be willing to head up filing a class action suit regarding engine replacement. I am wondering how many people out there have had engine replacement issues or extremely high cost to replace the motor. How many people are there that would join this???
I would love to join in my 2016 that I bought in December blew the engine in May and I am still waiting for a new engine. It only had about 140,000 on it

KennyP

Nov 24, 2019
Truck Year
My 2017 Ram Eco Diesel engine failed completely at 51000 miles. I was having lots of EGO problems. The most alarming was that the computer wouldn’t let me know when the carbon was building up until it was at 80% full. I then had to drive it at 60 65 miles an hour to blow the carbon out. If it got to 100% the engine would lose power and have to be reset manually at dealership which was very costly. It made me crazy as it was happening more and more often. I had an extended warranty and the engine was just replaced. The irony of this is that the engine finally arrived from Italy a couple weeks ago. Dealership installed new engine, but on their test drive, they were having problems with the transmission leaking fluid. They just put a new transmission in and should be ready this next week. I loved that truck and this whole mess has changed my thought’s completely!

plags

Sep 12, 2023
Truck Year
Yes. I had to have mine replaced at 80,000 miles and it was 20 days out of warranty and they refused. I had to pay $14,000 for a new engine. I’d definitely join this.

richardproe

Feb 13, 2024
Truck Year
I had a 2015 Ecodiesel engine catastrophically fail at 110K miles. The cause was diagnosed as one cylinder’s rod bearing sleeve rotated. I got no recourse from RAM. The new replacement engine cost me $14k.

The “new” engine caught fire after less than 10k miles. Luckily we had a fire extinguisher onboard and were able to quickly put the fire out. The truck was totaled by Farmers insurance. They treated me very well. So as for now I am out $14k on the first engine I bought.

After all the cost, hassle and drama….. YES, I would absolutely be interested in joining a class action lawsuit.

plags

Sep 12, 2023
Truck Year
I would be willing to head up filing a class action suit regarding engine replacement. I am wondering how many people out there have had engine replacement issues or extremely high cost to replace the motor. How many people are there that would join this???
I’ll join. I paid 14,000 for a new engine with only 82,000 miles and 20 days out of warranty.

madbed

May 10, 2023
Truck Year
Just to follow up on my case above, FCA replaced my whole engine at no cost. they didn't tell me the reason but my guessing is that because I was having issues with the soot in the intake manifold and issues with the engine light on before the engine blow out. it stayed 30 days at dealer for them to get the light to come back again and it didn't. so i took it back and next day engine started knocking cil 3.
lucky me, FCA replaced the whole engine complete. plus replaced the pre & post NOx sensors. now it's running perfectly.
if you proof that the cause is from one of the items that are covered from the extended warranty of the settlement, they'll cover it. the list is in the recall related to the settlement.

my argument was that the engine was knocking because of the soot build up in the engine and specifically in the lubrication system that caused to limit the flow of engine oil. soot clogged the lubrication system. soot come from EGR. ......

RustyS60

Jan 27, 2024
Truck Year
Why don’t everyone just file a complaint and lawsuit against Chrysler and make them buy our vehicles back at a better price than Rams are valued at now because of all the issues?? Sucks to spend $60k plus taking 6plus years to pay for it and then it’s not worth anything! I’ve been buying Chrysler and Jeep vehicles for many years but this truck will probably be my last, problem is I am disabled and on fixed income now and can’t afford to buy a new vehicle anymore. So let’s make them really help us out. My opinion anyway!!!

Sporty_rob

Feb 13, 2024
Truck Year
Why don’t everyone just file a complaint and lawsuit against Chrysler and make them buy our vehicles back at a better price than Rams are valued at now because of all the issues?? Sucks to spend $60k plus taking 6plus years to pay for it and then it’s not worth anything! I’ve been buying Chrysler and Jeep vehicles for many years but this truck will probably be my last, problem is I am disabled and on fixed income now and can’t afford to buy a new vehicle anymore. So let’s make them really help us out. My opinion anyway!!!
Couldn't agree more. Why they can get away with this blows my mind. My Z46 recall is effecting my ability to get a good trade-in value also.

biodiesel

Nov 24, 2020
Truck Year
In the meantime, I'm looking forward to buying my third EcoDiesel for CHEAP!

biodiesel

Nov 24, 2020
Truck Year
Whats your remedy to stick with these trucks?

There isn't a remedy. You either get a good one or you don't. I'm pretty hard on my trucks, but they've been solid so far. I'm at 119,000 on my 2015 EcoDiesel and 38,0000 on my 2020 EcoDiesel.

K51kYgy.jpg

h7xWd4p.jpg

hstbXQc.jpg

e5eqwt0.jpg

gYyiVHC.jpg

czL08Ax.jpg

Sporty_rob

Feb 13, 2024
Truck Year
There isn't a remedy. You either get a good one or you don't. I'm pretty hard on my trucks, but they've been solid so far. I'm at 119,000 on my 2015 EcoDiesel and 38,0000 on my 2020 EcoDiesel.

K51kYgy.jpg

h7xWd4p.jpg

hstbXQc.jpg

e5eqwt0.jpg

gYyiVHC.jpg

czL08Ax.jpg
Well thats good to hear. All I seem to hear is horror stories on these trucks. Nothing has happened to my diesel so far. Thinking of trading it in since Dodge won't even do my recall thats years overdue (Z46 fuel pump). I'm just being proactive. Do run them stock? I have a 2018 and need to keep it stock since I'm in California.

Attachments

• IMG_3064.jpg
    IMG_3064.jpg
    691.3 KB · Views: 1

RustyS60

Jan 27, 2024
Truck Year
I didn’t have any problems with my truck, only had egr cooler replaced when it started leaking besides that no problems, just went over 100k and HPFP imploded. Does anyone have a timeline on parts being available?? I heard that it may be 6months - 1year!! They actually don’t know

Sporty_rob

Feb 13, 2024
Truck Year
I didn’t have any problems with my truck, only had egr cooler replaced when it started leaking besides that no problems, just went over 100k and HPFP imploded. Does anyone have a timeline on parts being available?? I heard that it may be 6months - 1year!! They actually don’t know
My dealer rep on my last service (Crankshaft recall preformed and completed) called someone from Mopar in front of me and they said "They should be getting a letter in a few months"... that was last year. So, who knows? Thats why I'm on the fence. Recall has to be preformed at the dealer to clear for registration. If RAM won't do it, then this will snowball soon.

biodiesel

Nov 24, 2020
Truck Year
All I seem to hear is horror stories on these trucks.
Here's a list of some success stories. RussellandCissy has 433,323 miles on his stock truck, so that should give you some hope. Tyler_R should be turning 500,000 miles by the end of March. If so, that will be two trucks that have made it a half million miles.

300,000 Mile Club
Andrew A. - 321,000 miles (engine and truck) - Still in Operation
Geno21 - 338,000 miles (engine, transmission, and truck) - Still in Operation

350,000 Mile Club
Another - 351,813 miles (engine and truck) - Traded
VernDiesel - 371,000 miles (engine only) - EGR Cooler/Head Gasket Failure

400,000 Mile Club
Ramdriver501 (truck #1) - 410,000 miles (engine and truck) - Totaled
VernDiesel - 423,000 miles (engine) - Cracked Head
RussellandCissy - 433,323 miles (engine and truck) - Still in Operation

450,000 Mile Club
James (non-forum member) - 452,000 miles (engine) - HPFP Failure