• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Diesel additives

Korsch

Dec 29, 2018
Truck Year
I’ve tried searching around the forum and really couldn’t find much on my general question.

Im curious what’s good to run in these EcoDiesels for getting water out or for keeping the diesel from gelling. It’s a cold night tonight (-36 C) and I’ve never ran any in my EcoDiesel because I’m not sure if there’s anything special for these engines.

Thanks.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
nothing special just get some from Walmart they have a variety

Will_CathVT

Jul 9, 2019
Truck Year
Same here, I understand Tractor Supply has a gallon of treatment for less. I need to look into it.

KnowFear

Nov 28, 2019
Truck Year
IMHO... Stanadyne Diesel Fuel Addative is the BEST! I buy it on Amazon.com. You only need just under 1/2 of a bottle at fill up since our tank is 26 gallons and a bottle is for 60 gallons. Every review site you find will have it at the top!

JimmyD74

Dec 25, 2019
Truck Year
IMHO... Stanadyne Diesel Fuel Addative is the BEST! I buy it on Amazon.com. You only need just under 1/2 of a bottle at fill up since our tank is 26 gallons and a bottle is for 60 gallons. Every review site you find will have it at the top!
Just curious, but will putting any type of additives affect the warranty?

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Just curious, but will putting any type of additives affect the warranty?
If the additive caused a problem they probably wouldn't fix it under warranty but it should not affect the warranty.
That said, I have never heard of an additive causing a problem.

Will_CathVT

Jul 9, 2019
Truck Year
I live in Vermont have been adding fuel treatment for a couple of months and haven't had any issues with performance.

klinder

Jan 17, 2020
Truck Year
I’ve tried searching around the forum and really couldn’t find much on my general question.

Im curious what’s good to run in these EcoDiesels for getting water out or for keeping the diesel from gelling. It’s a cold night tonight (-36 C) and I’ve never ran any in my EcoDiesel because I’m not sure if there’s anything special for these engines.

Thanks.
Secrets diesel additive I have heard works well. I just bought a jug for $120 CAD. I will try and find the guy that did a you tube video on several diesel additives. Go to you tube and put "Diesel Fuel Additive Test" in the search bar. It is a good video if it all the information is true.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year

klinder

Jan 17, 2020
Truck Year
Here is another one to watch as well incase you didn't know. "Should I Delete My Diesel? The Truth about Diesel Emissions"

danfill

Jan 25, 2020
Truck Year

Thanks.
I’ve had really good results with the Justice Brothers Diesel Anti Gel. I’ve ran it in my Duramax & ecodiesel. No issues, it even improves the fuel efficiency.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
I found an independent test several years ago and IIRC OPTI-LUBE XPD came out the leader of the pack.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
I found an independent test several years ago and IIRC OPTI-LUBE XPD came out the leader of the pack.
That test only measured lubricity and bio-diesel was #1, Opti-Lube XPD was #2

Attachments

• 02a-2007 Diesel Fuel additive test.pdf
    130.7 KB · Views: 7

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
I think that 's a different study, IIRC the one I found included HOT SHOTS DIESEL SECRET, this was before they had the EVERY DAY DIESEL TREATMENT. It also contained pictures and specs for the high pressure(HFFR) wear test. I've been looking and can't find it, I typically save stuff like that, but apparantly I missed that one.

Last edited:

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
^^^^^^^^
Gotcha - thanks