• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EcoDiesel flash with settlement

JohnU

Jul 29, 2019
Truck Year
My settlement check came today!

Glad to cash in my chips and be a former Eco owner.
Lucky or just first in line!
Questions:
1. what date did you submit your claim?
2. how long after that before you were acknowledged and given a claim #?
3. more waiting to get release form and send it back in?
4. total time?

The process is ridiculously slow, and trying to speak with a rep to learn status has been impossible. Can’t do anything online without a claim #.

BuckDatFitch

Aug 25, 2019
Truck Year
2015 EcoDiesel Laramie owner here in Canada. Put in my vin number at the site. My vehicle apparently doesnt qualify? Wth is goin on with FCA right now? On top of this I was getting about 800km in the city to a 95L tank now I am at 600. I believe they did the software flash which changed the vehicle to "not being able to move the truck with the drivers door open" and messed m
With my milage on my truck. I dont know what to do or where to go. They did the update when they replaced the turbo a month ago as it was bad at 100k on the truck. Lemme tell you this last year has been a horrible experience with this truck. Before this though I loved it. Now I might as well have bought a gas engine with just the same economy and no problems WTF WTF WTF

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190824-225239_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190824-225239_Samsung Internet.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 7

John

Nov 13, 2015
2015 EcoDiesel Laramie owner here in Canada. Put in my vin number at the site. My vehicle apparently doesnt qualify? Wth is goin on with FCA right now? On top of this I was getting about 800km in the city to a 95L tank now I am at 600. I believe they did the software flash which changed the vehicle to "not being able to move the truck with the drivers door open" and messed m
With my milage on my truck. I dont know what to do or where to go. They did the update when they replaced the turbo a month ago as it was bad at 100k on the truck. Lemme tell you this last year has been a horrible experience with this truck. Before this though I loved it. Now I might as well have bought a gas engine with just the same economy and no problems WTF WTF WTF
Canadian trucks are eligible for the flash, bu no warranty or cash.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Canadian trucks are eligible for the flash, bu no warranty or cash.
So in other words, avoid it like the plague!

8v71

Aug 4, 2019
Truck Year
what site do you go to for the settlement form claim, I've done the full delete and don't know if I am even eligible?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
what site do you go to for the settlement form claim, I've done the full delete and don't know if I am even eligible?

But, you'd have to put the truck back to stock to get the payment. Can't put the AEM tune on the truck with no DPF..

Arkie 16

Apr 3, 2018
Truck Year
Update was done, sticker applied, auto park active and oil life went from 11% to 100% without the oil being changed or for that mater requested. I short trip it as my daily driver and the heaviest thing I tow is a 15 foot boat. Ok go figure. Just turned 3 years old one owner 14370 miles. Rotella t6 once a year, air filter at three years old

Old man

Mar 14, 2019
Truck Year
Ram is aware of update flaws and is asking customers symptoms after update just got off the phone with Ram and they had a whole questionnaire asking about lose of power fuel mileage surging of truck. And are asking me permission to install a monitor on truck to get real world data .so they know the screwed up ...I’m assuming there interested in my vehicle as they just replaced the intake manifold and it’s squeaky clean ,and still have symptoms of lose of power dead pedal poor mileage .now I was gonna delete this truck but might hold off to help out all of us get this crap update re vamped Any input is welcome ,I’m on the fence with this ...thanks

John

Nov 13, 2015
Ram is aware of update flaws and is asking customers symptoms after update just got off the phone with Ram and they had a whole questionnaire asking about lose of power fuel mileage surging of truck. And are asking me permission to install a monitor on truck to get real world data .so they know the screwed up ...I’m assuming there interested in my vehicle as they just replaced the intake manifold and it’s squeaky clean ,and still have symptoms of lose of power dead pedal poor mileage .now I was gonna delete this truck but might hold off to help out all of us get this crap update re vamped Any input is welcome ,I’m on the fence with this ...thanks
Just tune it and forget about it. No reason to delete.

catlpnr

Aug 31, 2019
Truck Year
I keep reading how the "flash" is going to ruin motors and kill mileage. How does anybody know this? No one has actually received the flash yet so no data exists. Isn't possible that the flash will not effect the motor in any noticeable way?
One poster in another thread has already said it "killed his mileage" but he can't have even gotten it yet!
I am not inclined to think the flash will "fix" anything but the alleged software tweaking but it may not be that detrimental either....
We did the update about 6 weeks ago. The mileage went form 27 to 28, to 19-20. In addition, a noticible hesitation from a stop when you press the accelerator. We loved this truck before the recall. We are dumping it an going back to a Hemi. They ruined this vehicle. California REQUIRED this before we can register the vehicle for 2020.

miur52

Jun 17, 2019
Truck Year
What can we do? Does anyone get any answers to refund or to the so called extension to the warranty? I get nothing just need more information which I sent in already. I’m at 90,500 miles as of today

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
What can we do? Does anyone get any answers to refund or to the so called extension to the warranty? I get nothing just need more information which I sent in already. I’m at 90,500 miles as of today
Have you had a lot of problems with truck during your 90 k miles ?

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
"The AEM is not expected to change any of your key vehicle attributes, such as average fuel economy, reliability, durability, vehicle performance, drivability, engine noise or vibration, or other driving characteristics. Click here to read the Court approved notice that includes important additional details about the effect of the AEM on your vehicle."

The above Quote is from the FCA settlement site. You have 3 choices:
A. Sell/trade it in

B. Document the changes if its not driveable - Take it back and demand that it gets fixed according to above quote. (good luck with this one)
C. After the AEM install an aftermarket tune of your choice

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Explain how my stock 16 drove fine both before and after the AEM. No change hot or cold. I roll in the throttle and it responds.
Can not explain individual performance but can state that the average is experiencing the same drop in performance as my 14 post AEM. I have talked with a 18 owner in my town and the first thing he asked me was if my truck had a massive hesitation while cold. It took me a minute to stop laughing because I was going to ask if he had turbo lag while cold. This is one of only six Cummins Dodge/RAM purchases, the first eco, other than the cold temp hesitation he loves the truck and engine.

Smiddy

Oct 3, 2019
Truck Year
I had my truck a 2015 Ram Limited EcoDiesel re-flashed with the settlement tune about a month ago.
Here are my results.
I towed my hunting trailer 4000 lbs (200 Miles one way) after the tune and only managed 10mpg and the truck would not shift out of 5th gear unless going down hill. In the 2 years prior I would get 14 mpg and the truck would shift up to 7th gear one the same run. Tow/haul was on.
I have not been able to check without towing because of work.
The fans runs constantly and when I stopped for fuel my turbo was smoking.
Without the trailer and if the vehicle is cold there is a huge lag from the time you push down on the accelerator and actual power is applied.
This is not the truck I purchased. I towed a 1969 Bronco on a trailer( 6500 lbs total and 1700 miles) from Midland Texas to Spokane Washington and was able to get 14 mpg on that trip as well.
I wish I would of done some towing runs before the tune to document this.
With the truck re-flashed I do not think that you couldn't notice the difference. The truck was warm and running when I picked it up. The next morning is when I noticed the hesitation and the transmission shift points were different on my way to the airport.
I have 75,000 miles on my truck and know what it was like before the re-flash.
As far as I am concerned anybody that says that there is no difference after re-flash is somehow working for Ram. The truck is that much different.
Smiddy

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
I had my truck a 2015 Ram Limited EcoDiesel re-flashed with the settlement tune about a month ago.
Here are my results.
I towed my hunting trailer 4000 lbs (200 Miles one way) after the tune and only managed 10mpg and the truck would not shift out of 5th gear unless going down hill. In the 2 years prior I would get 14 mpg and the truck would shift up to 7th gear one the same run. Tow/haul was on.
I have not been able to check without towing because of work.
The fans runs constantly and when I stopped for fuel my turbo was smoking.
Without the trailer and if the vehicle is cold there is a huge lag from the time you push down on the accelerator and actual power is applied.
This is not the truck I purchased. I towed a 1969 Bronco on a trailer( 6500 lbs total and 1700 miles) from Midland Texas to Spokane Washington and was able to get 14 mpg on that trip as well.
I wish I would of done some towing runs before the tune to document this.
With the truck re-flashed I do not think that you couldn't notice the difference. The truck was warm and running when I picked it up. The next morning is when I noticed the hesitation and the transmission shift points were different on my way to the airport.
I have 75,000 miles on my truck and know what it was like before the re-flash.
As far as I am concerned anybody that says that there is no difference after re-flash is somehow working for Ram. The truck is that much different.
Smiddy
I sure wish GDE would come back .

Smiddy

Oct 3, 2019
Truck Year
I sure wish GDE would come back .
I do not know much on the tuners on the ecodiesel and if they have any benefit. I did not think that it needed it.
I had a 2009 Ram 2500 with the 6,7 with an edge tuner if I remember correctly. That truck was able to tow my trailer and get 13 mpg in tow mode. The truck set on economy would get 18+ mpg all day long not towing,
For the performance and towing after the re-flash the ecodiesel is an unneeded class of truck now. I would take a Cummins before I purchased a ecodiesel again. The Hemi can put up as good of numbers after the ecodiesel re-flash.
If anybody starts a buy back lawsuit like they made VW do I would join it,
$3000 is a load of crap if you ask me. FCA must have good connections in D.C. for any judge to buy off on this settlement. The settlement was reached before any testing was done on the re-flash.