• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EcoDiesel Service Electronic Throttle Control Message

sorabol

Oct 18, 2018
Truck Year
I have a 2014 ecodiesel with less than 50k miles and it's been in the shop 4 times for the service ETC error message. I've already had 2 full injector and egr swaps. It started at around 12k miles and it's been happening every 10k miles. It's currently in the shop (4th time) and I'm done. This truck is great when it runs right but after the 2nd time I just don't trust it and I can't see leaving it for one of my kids.

More on topic, the diesel tech that fixed it the 3rd time said he didn't see issues as much on the Cherokees with the ecodiesel and he said it might be because the Cherokee has 2 fuel filters (what he said, I did not confirm). When he finished replacing the injectors he said he torqued everything to specifications and said good luck and smiled. Obviously it didn't work and they have no idea why this engine keeps bombing out.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome to the club @sorabol

Contact FCA Customer Care and let them know you're not happy. Hopefully though the dealer continues to take care of it, but again, it seems dealers are just throwing parts at this error code.

Shawn Thomas

Jun 1, 2018
Truck Year
I have a 2014 ecodiesel with less than 50k miles and it's been in the shop 4 times for the service ETC error message. I've already had 2 full injector and egr swaps. It started at around 12k miles and it's been happening every 10k miles. It's currently in the shop (4th time) and I'm done. This truck is great when it runs right but after the 2nd time I just don't trust it and I can't see leaving it for one of my kids.

More on topic, the diesel tech that fixed it the 3rd time said he didn't see issues as much on the Cherokees with the ecodiesel and he said it might be because the Cherokee has 2 fuel filters (what he said, I did not confirm). When he finished replacing the injectors he said he torqued everything to specifications and said good luck and smiled. Obviously it didn't work and they have no idea why this engine keeps bombing out.
They have a list that they have to work through, even though they don’t actually fix the problem. It’s based on the ecm and since they don’t have a flash update for it, you’re kinda SOL unless you decide to do a tune which fixes it, or you could drive around with a code scanner

JGC_Summit_ED

Oct 17, 2018
Truck Year

Sounds like the same boat I am in as far as years and miles. I bought my '14 JGC in April with 32,000 miles on it and now its at 48000 with this issue.

The dealership just called me and said that they were able to "fix the issue by doing a regen and the best way to tell if it works is to drive it"... that's code for "shit, we dont know if it will work...". I told them all about this forum and the issues. My next call today is to the warranty company for starting to claim that they don't cover this type of work - even though I was told up and down that this "top of the top warranty" covers everything.

@BoostN - Does contacting the FCA proactively do anything or does it just get tossed in a pile of complaints?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
@BoostN - Does contacting the FCA proactively do anything or does it just get tossed in a pile of complaints?

I've not had to, but some users report success here.. if nothing else, it's another means of communication if your dealer isn't getting anywhere

Hodgexj

Jul 15, 2018
Truck Year
So I've been on this site since I purchased my ED in July. Tried searching but it seems this mil is very broad. Taking my truck in Monday and hope they figure it out. I have 79500 on the odo so I'm literally getting by with the skin of my butt for factory warranty.

Here's the jist. I live in NJ, it's been chilly here in the am, so I've been letting it idle about 5 mins prior to me leaving. I drive 70 miles one way on the highway to work every day. Usually 75-85mph. That's this trucks life, hardly if any city driving leaving work, just to get back on highway.....this morning I'm just about to work, dash dings and the message flashed. Got to work, pulled my little pocket scanner and it pulled a code P00E6. Now I'm not sure that's right, there's no listing I can find so I have a feeling the scanner may not interface with the truck, idk I'm not a tech. Either way, truck idles fine, not weird symptoms, and drove home, through all the gears. BUT, it has no power, literally as if it has no turbo. Made it to dealer, than home, about 75 miles, than ran to bank and back.

Ive seen all these horror stories and was hoping I dodged a bullet, seeing as I drive long distances at operating temps I kept fingers crossed. The tech ran the vin and aside from a transfer case fix it has a clean slate for warranty work. I feel like I'm missing something though.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
So I've been on this site since I purchased my ED in July. Tried searching but it seems this mil is very broad. Taking my truck in Monday and hope they figure it out. I have 79500 on the odo so I'm literally getting by with the skin of my butt for factory warranty.

Here's the jist. I live in NJ, it's been chilly here in the am, so I've been letting it idle about 5 mins prior to me leaving. I drive 70 miles one way on the highway to work every day. Usually 75-85mph. That's this trucks life, hardly if any city driving leaving work, just to get back on highway.....this morning I'm just about to work, dash dings and the message flashed. Got to work, pulled my little pocket scanner and it pulled a code P00E6. Now I'm not sure that's right, there's no listing I can find so I have a feeling the scanner may not interface with the truck, idk I'm not a tech. Either way, truck idles fine, not weird symptoms, and drove home, through all the gears. BUT, it has no power, literally as if it has no turbo. Made it to dealer, than home, about 75 miles, than ran to bank and back.

Ive seen all these horror stories and was hoping I dodged a bullet, seeing as I drive long distances at operating temps I kept fingers crossed. The tech ran the vin and aside from a transfer case fix it has a clean slate for warranty work. I feel like I'm missing something though.

Welcome.. let's hope it's nothing to major.

Hodgexj

Jul 15, 2018
Truck Year
Fingers crossed. Not new to diesels but this VM 3.0 is its own little universe. So many electronic bits on it without a direction to look I'm not just gonna start messing with it. Definitely frustrating

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Shawn Thomas

Jun 1, 2018
Truck Year
Fingers crossed. Not new to diesels but this VM 3.0 is its own little universe. So many electronic bits on it without a direction to look I'm not just gonna start messing with it. Definitely frustrating

Dumb question but are you positive it was p00e6 and not p0036?

Hodgexj

Jul 15, 2018
Truck Year
Dumb question but are you positive it was p00e6 and not p0036?
Yea, it's a cheap code reader that literally just shows code and clears an if possible. The code is what has me confused more than an eco diesel acting up [emoji856]
7ccb5ba22a92d24723be2a5f1bc66fef.jpg

Shawn Thomas

Jun 1, 2018
Truck Year
Yea, it's a cheap code reader that literally just shows code and clears an if possible. The code is what has me confused more than an eco diesel acting up [emoji856]
7ccb5ba22a92d24723be2a5f1bc66fef.jpg

That’s essentially what mine looks like and how it functions. Definitely never seen that code before though.

Hodgexj

Jul 15, 2018
Truck Year
Right, its been a good reader for all my other vehicles. I can't help but wonder wtf this code is

Shawn Thomas

Jun 1, 2018
Truck Year
That’s essentially what mine looks like and how it functions. Definitely never seen that code before though.
Just looked up p003b as that’s probably what it is, since a capital b would look like an 8 on a digital readout. An actual code comes up. It’s an intake temp sensor code

Hodgexj

Jul 15, 2018
Truck Year
Whys the "3" backwards?? I'm gonna look into the intake code right now

Hodgexj

Jul 15, 2018
Truck Year
Did a Google search for both, I didn't find anything on relevance to the ED.

Shawn Thomas

Jun 1, 2018
Truck Year
Did a Google search for both, I didn't find anything on relevance to the ED.

Try cleaning your MAF sensor right after your intake and see if that helps? I can’t think of any other intake sensor on the truck other than that?

Hodgexj

Jul 15, 2018
Truck Year
There's the MAF and MAP sensors. I was disappointed the code didn't lend me a place to start or idea to look for something. I'm absolutely gonna use my warranty on this one. This code still has me confused.

Shawn Thomas

Jun 1, 2018
Truck Year
There's the MAF and MAP sensors. I was disappointed the code didn't lend me a place to start or idea to look for something. I'm absolutely gonna use my warranty on this one. This code still has me confused.

Let us know what it is when you find out

Hodgexj

Jul 15, 2018
Truck Year
Definitely. Add some more to this on goin list