• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Engine failure 42k

Farmer

Mar 28, 2016
Truck Year
I have a little over 42000 miles on my 2015 Eco diesel and believe I lost the motor last week. It has been at the dealer since Wednesday March 23rd and I still have no confirmation of what happened. I think the failure was a main bearing, but since they have to talk with Chrysler every step of the way it sounds like it might be at least 3 to 4 weeks before I get it back. I was in cruse control and started losing power, all gauges were normal. I started smelling oil and hearing a rattle in the motor. Then continued power loss with the oil pressure instantly falling to nothing. I was unable to shut it off because it had to be in park with the push button ignition, so by the time I got to the side of the freeway it was rattling somethings awful. I really liked the truck, but I have serious reservations now. I had to buy another truck so I can work. Sure glad I bought extended warranty, Chrysler is in no hurry. Has anyone heard of engine failures becoming a problem?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome to the lost motor club. Hopefully the dealer will share what happen and get you on the road. If you haven't, perhaps open a case with Customer Care and maybe they can move along the process a little faster.

Muddhogg

Mar 20, 2016
Truck Year
I am going through the same thing right now. Mine only had 18,000 on it when the lower engine bearings went out. Everything you described happened to me. I am going into my third week without my truck. You need to file a complaint with Chrysler ASAP!!!! The dealership couldn't get anything from them till I made that call and within 24 hours I received a call telling me I was getting a new engine. The only problem I have now is the gaskets for that motor are now in the states. They have to order them from Italy. Not sure how long that will take.

Good luck and get Chrysler involved now!!!

Farmer

Mar 28, 2016
Truck Year
Thanks for the advice. I will work on that tomorrow with Chrysler. Hope you get back on the road soon Muddhogg.

Robert

Jan 23, 2016
Truck Year
Yes. Driving it the readout said change oil immediately. About a mile later she blew. Took from July to December to get fixed. Has been taken back 2x to get bugs out. Mine just out of shop from new ecm and new catalytic converter Keeps plugging up.

yx9229ic

Jan 19, 2016
Truck Year
I have a little over 42000 miles on my 2015 Eco diesel and believe I lost the motor last week. It has been at the dealer since Wednesday March 23rd and I still have no confirmation of what happened. I think the failure was a main bearing, but since they have to talk with Chrysler every step of the way it sounds like it might be at least 3 to 4 weeks before I get it back. I was in cruse control and started losing power, all gauges were normal. I started smelling oil and hearing a rattle in the motor. Then continued power loss with the oil pressure instantly falling to nothing. I was unable to shut it off because it had to be in park with the push button ignition, so by the time I got to the side of the freeway it was rattling somethings awful. I really liked the truck, but I have serious reservations now. I had to buy another truck so I can work. Sure glad I bought extended warranty, Chrysler is in no hurry. Has anyone heard of engine failures becoming a problem?
My engine on my 2015 Ram Eco Diesel blew at 29,000 miles; it was determined to be two rod bearings spun. I was in cruise also and started losing power, I heard a rattle in the motor and pulled over and instantly lost oil pressure, then I got a message "Low oil pressure" and it killed. I checked the oil and it had a lot of shavings in it. I was without the vehicle for 6 weeks, I got a new engine. I will make sure that I trade this one before my extended warranty is up because the motor costs over $18,000 to replace.

Robert

Jan 23, 2016
Truck Year
What to do???
I have had dodge diesels here for years. Around 20 of them. This one is going to eat our lunch. The word is out that the problems exist. Dodge has bought back some from electrical issues not getting fixed. Iam a motorcycle dealer. I buy bikes from dodge dealers all over I have seen the buy back trucks. I see also what they are bringing at the auctions. Dealers are staying away I don't know to dump it or run it.

Jimmy

Feb 16, 2016
Truck Year

Jimmy

Feb 16, 2016
Truck Year
Welcome to the lost motor club. Hopefully the dealer will share what happen and get you on the road. If you haven't, perhaps open a case with Customer Care and maybe they can move along the process a little faster.
Is there anything we can do in maintains so that this does not happen. I have 6200 miles and I think I want to change my oil

Robert

Jan 23, 2016
Truck Year
Regardless of what it says in the owners manual you'll get less BS from dodge by changing it every 5000 with pennzoil eurotech. I think that's what's recommended The first conversations were not pleasant.

Jimmy

Feb 16, 2016
Truck Year
Ok thank you I just order oil and filler
Regardless of what it says in the owners manual you'll get less BS from dodge by changing it every 5000 with pennzoil eurotech. I think that's what's recommended The first conversations were not pleasant.
icalled to get it done at 5000 they said no 10.000 I going to do it myself and that it

Robert

Jan 23, 2016
Truck Year
Wise choice. Go on line and buy the valve that replaces the oil plug. It makes oil changes easy.

Robert

Jan 23, 2016
Truck Year
Bought it on eBay. Quick oil change plug. Once you find it you'll see why. Flip a lever and your done.

Robert

Jan 23, 2016
Truck Year
That's it. Just splattered oil all over changing the 6.7. This makes it easy.