• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EPA holding 2017 Diesels hostage

John

Nov 13, 2015
e

So your stand is to allow wrong doing (law breaking) and deception on the grounds of Profit? So you condemn Me on the grounds of Judging. If you are ever robbed, cheated on or just beat up.. Don't Judge the criminal acts ..You invited things like these to happen to you. I will NOT fell compassion or waste 1 mill second on your condition.

You remind Me of a Anoka County Prosecutor who refuse to charge a person that wrote a check for the repairs done to his home By My construction company in 2004 $8800.00. I went to the court House and found Him (Prosecutor) and demanded He file the action ,He said he would Not unless He (Home owner had a history of writing bad checks to contractors or admits to the crime) I said OK the next time I see someone assaulting YOU and punching you in the face I will watch... How many punches are you going to let the assailant hit you before you Prosecute? He file the charges that day and won. I also sold My lien rights to the 2nd mortgage Holder and recover My $8800.00

I'll take your story with a grain of salt.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Right is right and wrong is wrong, that is what TC is saying I believe and he is showing (telling) what he has to prove it. Some people like GDE some people do not like GDE, I do not see that being relevant here, could be wrong, but for me I do my homework and I know what ever I do to my truck, it is my responsibility at the end of the day if something goes wrong with what I put on. Good conversation,

TC is bashing other members and other companies without justification. This is not productive conversation. For example; TC's company has a bad reputation of ripping-off customers over at the TDR. I have no idea if it's true or not so I would not state this as fact on another forum. Just because someone has an opinion doesn't make it fact.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Provide some evidence, I have provided the facts, YOU just refuse to except.. If You defame someone on the platform of Keystrokes, Your argument is weak and will only satisfied the weak minded and morally bankrupt. GDE is clearly breaking laws in the NAME of what? if they followed the law and practices professional behavior this post would never happen... Bashing is a frequent word use in defense of no evidence or support.. Another form of deception in the name of protection. Boost Please don't delete Johns post I have NO problem with defending My reputation on what's just, with the vices and likes of John.

John so short sited he thinks that TC diesel formed laws... I see john as someone that promotes his own understanding and moral code regardless if is its legal or not and the heck with every one else. If anyone wants to know were John been just follow the carnage and damage path. John dominates himself to his own destruction.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Back to the topic, do we have any new, credible information on the release of the 2017 3.0L EcoDiesel?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
No kidding. "My FCA representative", meaning the guy at FCA assigned to giving the 2017 ED customers information; for which I am one, told me they had a tentative production date of 3-27-17. I am in complete limbo right now on what I am doing for a truck. I might hit the fuckit button and get a Hemi instead. My wife's jeep has one and other than MPG, it's a great vehicle; well, I don't like that it takes 16 spark plugs for a tune up. I will hit up the rep and ask him if that date is still looking valid or not. Maybe I can gain some perspective.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Back to the topic, do we have any new, credible information on the release of the 2017 3.0L EcoDiesel?

I checked on the status of the these they are hidden somewhere. and the status has NOT changed.... Theirs absolutely NO word on any 2017 goona even happen.

Attachments

• ED orders..pdf
    678.7 KB · Views: 2

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
I've also seen absolutely ZERO evidence they were built and hidden as you stated before. I think they knew there was going to be a broader probe and stopped production before any were completed.

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
Interesting! I have some "real news" rather than "fake news". It was also received very quickly after I put in a request which has not been the norm. Usually it takes a few days and some prodding. I am going to remove my first and last name, email and the representatives first and last name for obvious reasons.

Rick,

Thanks for your previous update on the tentative build date on my 2017 EcoDiesel. The previous date was set as March 27th 2017; tentatively speaking. Is that date still solid or is it looking like it will be pushed back now? I am in complete limbo on what to do for a truck and any information you can give will greatly help me. I was supposed to have the truck back in November so you can imagine this has caused quite some havoc with me.

Thanks again for any information you can provide.

Sincerely,

John ****
cleardot.gif

profile_mask2.png

Rick ****(FCA)
11:59 AM (2 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

This is the latest that came out Wednesday.

• Reached agreement on Conditional OBD approval

• Containerization could be available by March 24th (this is a software update that will be required for certification)

• Best case for certification today is April 10

Your vehicle is currently in the March 27th build. The news above is very good, but it could push the start date back by one or two weeks (but it has not yet)

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I checked the status....Monday again 3-13-17.... I don't believe anything FCA states on these matters, the legal battle is just beginning. FCA Customer service will tell lions to lick their loins for comfort.

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
I think I get it now tc. Everyone but you lies and only you know the truth. The guy is offering me information; real information, and I am just trying to be a good service to the community and pass it along. For whatever your reasons you trying to poke holes in the information I provide offers nothing pertinent to the conversation.

Last edited:

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
If it happens great... there's absolutely no evidence other than keystrokes to support the reply , Over at CF and other forums buyers have been given similar keystrokes multi times. 2017 3.0VM is still blocked at the dealership... I can order at will. The representative is just doing as instructed... Maybe its time to look at the current status instead of viewing events with the hope of good will. I don't evaluate things on platforms of what said or keystrokes. Pertinent would be factual , No 2017 3.0 is available anywhere in N/A , The DOJ has NOT finish the investigation on the EPA allegations, 2 Different law firms are seeking legation on the 3.0 legal status , and Now you want Me to believe that some one form Customer service has pertinent info....No thanks. I don't make decisions base on fancy land thinking.

Someone today call on this and he stated to Me that People in N/A cannot except the truth or handle matters base on truth, He was confirming what many already know.

Yep.. I'm going to wait. Late 2017 or early 2018 going to be exciting , the F-150 we be here and hopefully some new info on the future Fiat ED power plant. Did I state 2 more Owners call Me this week with Pukers 1 at 118K KM the other at 88K miles.... I mentioned not to go to 1500diesel.com unless you want to do battle with the blind guides. Hopefully the 118kms get it covered under warranty it seems like that's going to happen.. I will post pictures when the final outcome is determined.

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
Ok. So again based on your information... Your "keystrokes" are more pertinent than anyone else's because that is all you have provided sir. You can continue to know more than everyone else based on conjecture; however you know nothing more than I or anyone else do. Your continuous asinine attitude that you know better than the rest of us; and that "People in N/A cannot except the truth or handle matters base on truth" based on your "keystrokes" is again, "fake news generated by you sir". How about you just stick to the facts! Your attitude with everyone is getting old. I try to get on her to provide freely what is provided to me. You on the other hand make money off your business and try to validate your competence by flaming people with absolutely zero financial interest; namely me, who are trying to bring actual information to the table. Sir, WTF is your problem. I will guarantee I will never darken the doors of your institution with my dollars. You can consider me a potential customer lost, I do not tolerate blow hards.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
A sticker on a ECM isn't going to save a warranty. They can and will pull the file to see if it's been modified. On the GM's, a certain checksum(?) can be set to OEM parameters to match what they have set. That is immoral.. modifying something and then making your mark to say it's not been modified isn't right.. nor will it ever be right.

Again, I'm not sure what GDE is doing besides leaving a sticker on the ECM?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Who actually complies with that? Maybe Edge? I'm not even sure myself.

We do , and many other aftermarket companies... there are ways to have some protection and sell modded parts and tuning.

Most down loaders work like this.

1st screen

Are you the owner of this device y/n
2nd Are you above the age of 18 y/n
3rd Do you own the vehicle this device is being use on y/n
4th This device is being used for race or competition use ONLY y/n
5th You understand that this device is NOT legal for on road use y/n
6th You must use this device in compliance with of all State and federal laws y/n
7th You agree to all terms y/n

If yes to all proceed .

On hard parts OE modified must be label for race use only.. deletes, Injectors , Parts like these require documentation sold for race use only.

Keep good records and if the law shows up they will ask for documentation to prove you were selling on the legal platform.

If you have the proof you will be looking at just a minor fine . Why minor BC its impossible to prove the end user use it according to the documentation in many cases. Don't have this and its BOOM you looking at $10,000s in fines.

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
A sticker on a ECM isn't going to save a warranty. They can and will pull the file to see if it's been modified. On the GM's, a certain checksum(?) can be set to OEM parameters to match what they have set. That is immoral.. modifying something and then making your mark to say it's not been modified isn't right.. nor will it ever be right.

Again, I'm not sure what GDE is doing besides leaving a sticker on the ECM?

My 335i ECM can be checked by the dealership to see if the ECM has been modified, "which can be done" and they will void the warranty. I know because I have a tune on mine but my mechanic is super cool and doesn't report it. That being said, "the company tells you that you can't use the tune except for offroad or track usage". The fact that it doesn't throw codes or report it to emissions isn't the responsibility of the tuning company so I still don't see your argument. If with your vast legal experience you believe there to be a case contact your local AGs office (attorney general), the state AG's office, the US AGs office and the EPA. Frankly, I imagine they are going to refer you to the disclaimer that all these cats put on their websites. But what do I know, I only work in the criminal justice field daily.

"No... YOU must comply to the Law.... Period... Your tune Must Be certified to sell on Road use, The only exception is race... Period.. OE or aftermarket. You had better check the laws on why EFILive VS GDE. GDE does NOT own the device being modified, the owner does NOT own the device that's doing modifications...etc. Not only is GDE deceiving owners into thinking that their tune are green ,they are completely business bankrupt I have never seen any GDE label on any module after they molested it, Legally you need to remove that certification...No they want to make it look like its OEM. This is fooling the Maker on warranty repairs and its a gross violation on certification ... Go fine any Part, That Pumps, Rails ,Injectors, etc , Turbos TC modified form OE that does NOT have the OE maker name removed and TC Diesel SNs and label. We carry the warranty after the piece is modified , I don't expect to fool the Maker on warranty repairs. We don't F makers over for profit , and violates laws in the process. EFILive is light years ahead of anything Green death has created.

These attitudes or modding and keeping your warranty will get you flamed at almost all sites, justifiably so...

YOU will read this over and over again YOU ARE YOUR WARRANTY STATION.

256 encryption software is 2-3 years out for Road Modules, when that happens it will take years to break."

Again stop flaming and talk to your AGs office. The reason you don't is because they will tell you to take a flying f' Mr. Blow Hard. We don't have time for your petty crap.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Another BS post From Adaman7 what does the MN AGs have to do with federal law, By the way MN AG Swanson cant stop people form stealing IDs much less understand the laws that the Feds require. He's my FB page comment about Swanson......
Swanson cannot stop career criminals form stealing people's ID.. much less protect the Nation... You and Mark Dayton are worthless Trash, I will watch you be molested by these people WHO you claim are so great..You invite unknowns into the State YOU have taken an Oath to protect... I have enmity with YOU and Mark Dayton.. You are more worth less than the trash that’s buried at landfills and the sewage that flush down toilets.

Its that simple Adaman7 , Now your advice is to seek counsel form someone you have NO connection with. I see why your acting depraved. If you work in the criminal justice field Why do you act like a member that practice breaking the Oaths you swore to uphold?

Still 0 evidence to support your Keystrokes other than your emotional out bursts flaming would be W/O evidences and emotional replies similar to your comments. Since your in such a good mood Here's some more mood altering facts

3. What’s Not Covered

3.1 Modifications Not Covered

A. Some Modifications Don’t Void the

Warranties But Aren’t Covered

Certain changes that you might make to your vehicle do

not, by themselves, void the warranties described in this

booklet. Examples of some of these changes are:

• installing non-Chrysler Group LLC (Chrysler) parts,

components, or equipment (such as a non-Chrysler

radio or speed control); and

• using special non-Chrysler materials or additives.

But your warranties don’t cover any part that was not

on your vehicle when it left the manufacturing plant or is

not certified for use on your vehicle
Nor do they cover

the costs of any repairs or adjustments that might be

caused or needed because of the installation or use of

non-Chrysler parts, components
, equipment, materials,

or additives.

Performance or racing parts are considered to be

non-Chrysler parts.
Repairs or adjustments caused by

their use are not covered under your warranties.

Right form GDE site Even they admit its illegal

DISCLAIMER: Not legal for sale or use on any emission controlled motor vehicles. Legal in California only for racing vehicles which may never be used on a highway. For off-road racing use only.

If GDE place a sticker over the ECM/PCM harnesses stating for race use only some liability would move to installer .its gray area but it would go a long way in litigation.

I'll tone down the green death stuff that's ummm out of line.