• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EPA holding 2017 Diesels hostage

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I'm out until New credible info is available.

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
This thread is rapidly deteriorating.

couldn't have said it a whole lot better, who cares about GDE and what they do and whether it abides by the law or not. H&S is proof in the pudding that even stating a product is for off road/race use only doesn't matter. If they are in the wrong let them find out, this is starting to sound like ATS sending letters into the EPA whining about other companies making delete kits, when you damn good and well they were reaping the benefits of the delete market too. They just happened to develop a "high" flow DPF and they weren't selling near as well as they had hoped. This thread is about the 2017 EcoDiesels and the EPA holding them hostage. Seems there is a guy here who gets told certain things by dealers/FCA spokespeople. Then we have Todd, he seems to know somethings as to what's going on. Either one of you may be correct, I don't want Todd to be correct, but why fight over something so stupid and especially something we have absolutely no control over. As far as GDE goes, who cares, let them deal with it if and when the time comes, until then, let it be. There's no winning here.

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
This guy is a troll or is extremely dumb. I'm not responding to your emotional diatribes anymore. I'm passing along factual information to the people who actually care. BoostN can I block this morons posts his rants are only disruptive and add nothing to this topic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

John

Nov 13, 2015
This guy is a troll or is extremely dumb. I'm not responding to your emotional diatribes anymore. I'm passing along factual information to the people who actually care. BoostN can I block this morons posts his rants are only disruptive and add nothing to this topic.

You can click on your name in the upper right hand corner, click on "privacy" in the drop-down menu, click on "people you ignore" on the left and add the member you want to ignore.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
You know, you guys could always just take the high road. Read what you want, skip what you don't. Take it all with a grain of salt.

Posting you think someone is a moron and blah blah blah is just as bad as what you are calling out. And for the record, TC knows more about this motor then 99% of us could ever imagine.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
agreed

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Sorry, wasn't able to get online last night. Yes, we're way off topic at this point. Let's keep the thread on topic to the '17's. I'll be moving our rant posts to a different thread.

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
You can click on your name in the upper right hand corner, click on "privacy" in the drop-down menu, click on "people you ignore" on the left and add the member you want to ignore.

Thanks. I couldn't find it in tapatalk so I opened in chrome and found it.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The official document submitted to DOJ. (Its available online)

The Facts TC Diesel became aware of possible defeat devices ( Mid 15-Jan 2016) and conducted its own testing, the results that the 3.0 has defeat devices was posted at 1500diesel.com, the mods immediately attack the post Calling it speculations ,More evidence was provided it was just more denial. TC Diesel also posted that the My17 year CDX was submitted and have been undisclosed (NOV 15)
When the Info became true The 1500diesel.com mods became inflamed with just more denial. This document (Jan12) confirmed all the so call TC Diesel speculation...was true.

All the rumors on My17 ED do NOT support the facts , the EPA actions support that 2017 or 3.0 (Light-duty) certification are suspended until the MY 14-16 alleged violations that are NOW being investigated (DOJ) are settle.

FCA has made claims that it is working with the EPA , read this document carefully You will find that FCA is NOT working with the EPA ..FCA is Claiming that EPA findings are incorrect and THE VOILATIONS ARE NOT PRESENT...I don't call that working with..as stated by FCA , more like denial.

Now more speculation form TC Diesel, MY-18 goona be a good hold out For us ED owners and for those that ordered 2017 just hang in there the 18s will be worth the wait, So tag this thread and see if More speculation form TC Diesel is goona happen.

There is some scuttle-butt that FCA is vigorously working on New power plant for light duty, My speculation is it will happen 2018.

Attachments

• fca-caa-nov-2017-01-12.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 5

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Lord, if a new, true, half ton Ram diesel was offered with a 'C' on the side AND could get the mileage this VM does (with proper tuning), Ram couldn't build them fast enough...

How's that for speculation???

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
I've read an article that discussed a possible inline 6 turbo but no mention of a 'C' name attached to it.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Lord, if a new, true, half ton Ram diesel was offered with a 'C' on the side AND could get the mileage this VM does (with proper tuning), Ram couldn't build them fast enough...

How's that for speculation???

The 1500 has the same engine compartment 2500-5500 Its more likely to be Fiat/Iveco inline 6 .Cummins was providing engines for Case/Holland until Fiat Industrial took over and dropped Cummins, Iveco is control by Fiat Industrial ,the Iveco NEF6 looks similar to the 5.9/6.7 Many claim/Speculate Iveco wanted it to Fit Cummins replacements. So My guess it will be Iveco 3.8-4.0 inline..
Here's the problem its $60-100 million to develop New power plant, So the market for 1/2 ton application only just don't support the cost..It would have to have multi applications just to pencil out... As far as C goes not likely ,but anything possible.
Fiat certainly has the resources to develop the Power plant just so much to consider ,and with the F-150 now in the game Fiat's hand goona be hold'em until show time.

The VM3.0 takes the Oscar for mileage, that for sure.

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
My FCA rep earlier gave me today's date as my build date. I asked for an update and got some interesting information. I'm waiting for him to clarify before I post it but it sounds promising.

John

Nov 13, 2015
My FCA rep earlier gave me today's date as my build date. I asked for an update and got some interesting information. I'm waiting for him to clarify before I post it but it sounds promising.

Stop teasing us. hahaha

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
Ok. So he finally got back with me but not with much more information. If you follow the course of the conversation he remains consistent. My original build date according to him was "Tentatively" March, 27th. When I asked for an update on March 17th (10 days ago), he lists April 10th as the nearest date they would have approval to start building it. I asked today for a bit of clarification on this, and he is saying they have been pushed back 10 days, this would be April the 6th. Considering, he is relatively in the same time frame as April 10th and the date is actually being shortened I am taking that as a good thing. He could have easily said it's going to be more like 2 weeks and bought some more time but he genuinely seems to believe that it is going to happen sooner rather than later. They must have gotten some indication from the EPA that they are close to wrapping things up or I don't believe he would be as upbeat as he is.

I think it needs to be said that I am simply trying to help people out with this information. I gain nothing from this. I find it offensive that certain members here have flamed me for passing on what information that has been provided. I don't even own one of these yet; although, I still want one.

Has anyone else that is on the waiting list been given any information? I figured some of these might have been built and they would have gotten some information by now.....

Thanks again to those who have participated in a friendly manner. BoostN knows how long I debated on putting in an order and it has taken considerable amount of patience to wait this long.

**** (FCA) <****@fcagroup.com>
Jan 24
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Thanks for your note back Mr. ****, and my sincere apology for not responding. I just missed it, and have no good excuse for that. We still have every intention of building 2017 Model Eco-diesels, and are expecting an update later today. This will be the results from extensive testing done last week. Good or bad, I will make sure I update you later today when we receive the latest information. Once again, my apologies for lack of responsiveness.

Sent: Monday, January 23, 2017 11:57 PM
To: **** (FCA)
Subject: Re: Your RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Truck

Why have you never replied to any of my questions? Why on earth would you send me an email and then refuse to follow up with anything.

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 10:15 PM, **** <****@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks again for the email detailing why there is a hold up on my 2017 ecodiesel. I regret that I am going to be canceling my order since no one seems to know, anything. I was considering holding off on buying new and just getting a temp; however, it seems at this point the ED, might not even make a 2017 appearance. It looks as though Toyota will have a v6 turbo diesel in a 2018 model. I am probably going to wait on that our maybe see where the best incentives are.

Thanks,

A one time Chrysler customer.

On Dec 22, 2016 11:55 AM, "**** (FCA)" <****@fcagroup.com> wrote:

Dear RAM truck Customer,

My name is **** ****, and I work in the Order-to-Delivery group at FCA US (FCA). Thank you for purchasing the RAM 1500 pickup equipped with the 3.0L Eco-Diesel engine.

You likely know that prior to shipping any vehicle, for every new model year FCA must obtain EPA’s certification that our vehicles comply with federal emissions standards. This year, across all automakers, EPA is being extra careful about certifying diesel vehicles. So, FCA continues to wait for this certification for the 2017 RAM 1500 Eco-Diesel truck.

I just wanted to reach out and let you know that once the certification is approved, we will expedite the building and shipping of your vehicle.

We are closely monitoring the situation. We really do appreciate your patience, and please let me know if you have any questions.

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
If you want to see the previous conversation check my previous posts. For whatever reason it is complaining when I try to post the rest of the conversation about no more than 20 pictures in my post although there aren't any.

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
Bad news. I asked for an update yesterday and this is what I received.

"
**** **** (FCA) via ****** ****xtra.chrysler.com
4:23 PM (16 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

I am now retired. **** **** has assumed all of my duties. If you have any questions, please email him at ********@fcagroup.com)

"
So... I am wondering what if anything that has to do with the information I was receiving. I can't help be curious. I would have expected a normal person would have told me 2 weeks ago that someone knew would be handling the matter because he was retiring. This seemed abrupt and he also seemed short. I think I am going to be buying something else other than a Ram product. I really want this truck but I am super annoyed at this point. I am going to give it a couple of weeks then make the buy.

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
I just received this from the new person assigned to me.

John;

· Sorry for the delayed response but I have been sick for a couple of days. I am the person taking over for *** now that he has retired. The latest certification info I have from an executive meeting last Monday was that “Target for Certification has shifted from April 17th to May 8th” Please Stay in touch and I will share whatever info that I have.

Supply Chain Management

***.***@fcagroup.com