• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How many miles on your ecodiesel and have you had any problems?

John

Nov 13, 2015
If you do the hot tune it is recommended to do the filter and converter delete due to possible plugging them up I didn't do my delete right away put about 1k miles with no problems before I did my exhaust
GDE told me there's no reason to delete anything with the hot tune. The off road tune requires deleting the DPF.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome to the group egr cooler should b covered under the new warranty did u just get the new tune???? The hesitation comes free of charge gde tune it and your problems will b over

EcoJon

Aug 25, 2019
Truck Year
Tbar that sounds exactly like what I went through and yes if you are losing coolant and not a visible leak with this engine it is more than likely the cooler. And the local dealer said the same $1400 and a six week back order for a new cooler. It was a no brainer for me my tune and delete cost me around $1000/$1200 I don't remember the exact cost but this is close. I did get a sasquatch delete kit but it looks like they do not offer it anymore I didn't see it on their website. But look for anyone who makes a lvl 2 egr delete I paid $250 for mine I believe you can get one real close to it for less now.

EcoJon

Aug 25, 2019
Truck Year
John.. I called GDE as well when I did mine I told them what my issue was I must got it mixed up with what tune I got. they did tell me I would have to remove dpf and egr carlhenry the dealer would not cover the cooler they said the gasket was the only part covered this made pretty mad but they did me a favor in the long run

John

Nov 13, 2015
John.. I called GDE as well when I did mine I told them what my issue was I must got it mixed up with what tune I got. they did tell me I would have to remove dpf and egr carlhenry the dealer would not cover the cooler they said the gasket was the only part covered this made pretty mad but they did me a favor in the long run
Yeah you have the off-road tune and the DPF must be deleted.

EcoJon

Aug 25, 2019
Truck Year
Tbar that sounds exactly like what I went through and yes if you are losing coolant and not a visible leak with this engine it is more than likely the cooler. And the local dealer said the same $1400 and a six week back order for a new cooler. It was a no brainer for me my tune and delete cost me around $1000/$1200 I don't remember the exact cost but this is close. I did get a sasquatch delete kit but it looks like they do not offer it anymore I didn't see it on their website. But look for anyone who makes a lvl 2 egr delete I paid $250 for mine I believe you can get one real close to it for less now

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
2015 with 127,400 miles
Great truck but just started losing engine coolant—-no visible leaks so I suspect EGR
Cooler—- $1,400 for new one!??!
Also throttle response on take off is hesitant
And then it kicks in hard—throttle body dirty/sticky??
Have you gotten the new FCA recall installed on your truck?

EcoJon

Aug 25, 2019
Truck Year
No I have not as of yet. If I can keep from having to i won't. I'm not sure but I believe it has the if your door is not shut all the way it will keep it from going into gear like the new ones. I haven't read up on what all is in it.

Bison Slayer

May 10, 2019
Truck Year
I have a 2014, it has 149,000 miles on it. I replaced the EGR, crack shaft sensor and possibly the intake manifold depends on what dealer ship says is wrong. I have a lower fuel quality code, and maintenance throttle control mod too. Any one else with the same problems too?

gofishingup

Sep 2, 2019
Truck Year
2016 RAM 1500 with the 3.0 eco boost with 55,000 miles. Just got it back from the dealership today. They had it for 2 weeks and had to replace the intake manifold as it melted and a hole developed in the manifold. This is the 5th time in the shop for a diesel related problem. The dealership didn't talk about it a lot but I had a tow truck bring a flat bed and take it to the dealership and the tow truck driver just smiled and said this was the 5th Dodge eco diesel this year that they had to put on the flat bed and bring to the dealership for serious problems. Confidence is not real high at this point.

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
2016 RAM 1500 with the 3.0 eco boost with 55,000 miles. Just got it back from the dealership today. They had it for 2 weeks and had to replace the intake manifold as it melted and a hole developed in the manifold. This is the 5th time in the shop for a diesel related problem. The dealership didn't talk about it a lot but I had a tow truck bring a flat bed and take it to the dealership and the tow truck driver just smiled and said this was the 5th Dodge eco diesel this year that they had to put on the flat bed and bring to the dealership for serious problems. Confidence is not real high at this point.
Seems like it’s a big gamble with these trucks, there are people on this site who have over 100,000 miles with zero problems.

Stevebucks

Aug 21, 2019
Truck Year
I have 195 thousand kilometres. I have had engine light on every now and then, throttle body warning light, and various other warning lights since about 50 thousand kilometres. Simple fixes with my mechanic. I went into limp mode at about 120 thousand kilometres. My mechanic did a manual regen to fix that. No big deal. My truck has only ran 1 regen on its own since I owned the truck. Big problem came at 190 kilometres (leaking egr cooler) and is now in the shop for a full delete and new intake. Approximately 5-6 k to repair. It is still at shop and should be ready next week. I rented a pickup with hemi in it and quickly realized why I bought the eco diesel. I have had 3 hemis before the diesel. I heard they are better now but all I can say is that they are still pigs on gas. I love my eco diesel and am happy to spend money on it for the fuel economy alone. I drive 60-70 k per year

Tbar

Aug 24, 2019
Truck Year
I have 195 thousand kilometres. I have had engine light on every now and then, throttle body warning light, and various other warning lights since about 50 thousand kilometres. Simple fixes with my mechanic. I went into limp mode at about 120 thousand kilometres. My mechanic did a manual regen to fix that. No big deal. My truck has only ran 1 regen on its own since I owned the truck. Big problem came at 190 kilometres (leaking egr cooler) and is now in the shop for a full delete and new intake. Approximately 5-6 k to repair. It is still at shop and should be ready next week. I rented a pickup with hemi in it and quickly realized why I bought the eco diesel. I have had 3 hemis before the diesel. I heard they are better now but all I can say is that they are still pigs on gas. I love my eco diesel and am happy to spend money on it for the fuel economy alone. I drive 60-70 k per year
My 2015 with 128,000 miles just caught on fire
Intake manifold was on fire I put it out before it ruined wiring harnesse
It had an ECU update in May and one of the updates is making the EGR run hotter to burn off soot— problem is I believe this caused my fire!

Stevebucks

Aug 21, 2019
Truck Year
Yes . A friend of mine also had a fire. All the plastic in and around the intake caught fire. Eco diesel 2014. He also caught it in time . What a joke, should definitely be a recall. My 2016 went in for 4 updates and I had nothing but trouble within days. Now it’s in for a full delete.

VernDiesel

Mar 13, 2017
Truck Year
Yep the AEM SUCKS. It’s amazing how much better & problem free these are with the tunes from stock let alone from the AEM.

MOOSENGOOSE

May 28, 2019
Truck Year
285,000 KM i don't have a bad thing to say about the truck or the Engine. Dealers on the other hand could use some schoolin.
Love my Ram!