• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How many miles on your ecodiesel and have you had any problems?

Stevebucks

Aug 21, 2019
Truck Year
I will let you know how my full delete went
Hopefully this week ready. I spend too much time at the gas station with this ram hemi 5.7 that i rented

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
My truck is 2016 longhorn
4x4
I have a 2016 bighorn 4x4, with 37K on it. I just added the GDE engine tune 110 miles ago. I had the Regen message and Turbo break exhaust options installed on the tune. A little pricey but my gas mileage went up to 30 miles per gallon on the interstate if you drive 65 to 70 mph. Well worth every dime I spent.

Stevebucks

Aug 21, 2019
Truck Year
That’s awesome. The mileage is phenomenal on these eco diesels. Even with the issues I love this truck. Full delete and new cold air return. I am thinking my mpg gains should be significant . Egr, cooler, catalytic. New exhaust to the stock mufflers. She’s gonna breathe now. Just hope the emissions rules don’t change here in Ontario for a few more years. lol

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
I had the name wrong it is called engine braking ,It allows the Turbo veins to slow the engine down and help see all the breaks. It is a $50 option at GDS when you get the engine to
I had the name wrong it is called engine braking, it allows the Turbo Vanes to slow the engine down to help save the brakes. It is a $50 option with the engine tune from GDE.

donaldus

Apr 28, 2019
Truck Year
Every trouble light known to Ram kind came on within first 30 minutes...returned to dealer; took days due to few ecodiesel mechanics @ gRAPEvine Ram. Ran hot, especially when towing...Ram couldn’t find a problem...turned out the radiator fan was out and the fuse was blown. Pulling into traffic, had a “electronic throttle disconnect” message. Ram had it towed to nearest dealer, even though they saw the message, the could NOT find problem. After 3 days in the shop, it fixed itself...supposedly no code recorded. Now, after hearing all the post-EPA fix troubles, I’m not going anywhere near a Ram dealership!

Stevebucks

Aug 21, 2019
Truck Year
Every trouble light known to Ram kind came on within first 30 minutes...returned to dealer; took days due to few ecodiesel mechanics @ gRAPEvine Ram. Ran hot, especially when towing...Ram couldn’t find a problem...turned out the radiator fan was out and the fuse was blown. Pulling into traffic, had a “electronic throttle disconnect” message. Ram had it towed to nearest dealer, even though they saw the message, the could NOT find problem. After 3 days in the shop, it fixed itself...supposedly no code recorded. Now, after hearing all the post-EPA fix troubles, I’m not going anywhere near a Ram dealership!
Ya that’s the dealership for you. What a joke. Brought my ram in 1 time only for the recalls. Nothing but trouble since they touched it. They haunted me every day for a month to bring it in . I finally gave in and wish I hadn’t. Quickly led to me opting for full delete. I have a mechanic who is also on a learning curb with this eco diesel but he is fair and gets the job done for a fraction of the cost of a dealership

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
Ya that’s the dealership for you. What a joke. Brought my ram in 1 time only for the recalls. Nothing but trouble since they touched it. They haunted me every day for a month to bring it in . I finally gave in and wish I hadn’t. Quickly led to me opting for full delete. I have a mechanic who is also on a learning curb with this eco diesel but he is fair and gets the job done for a fraction of the cost of a dealership
That sounds like good news.

Bison Slayer

May 10, 2019
Truck Year
2014 ecodiesel tradesmen with 148,000 miles on her. Love the truck. 113,000 egr died and leaked. 115,000 the crank shaft sensor died, 122,000 miles turbo died. And now at 148,000 the intake manifold and full fuel system (from the fuel lift to the injectors) need to be replaced. Other then that I love how she handles and the mpg I get.