• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How many miles on your ecodiesel and have you had any problems?

Giri

Jun 3, 2016
Truck Year
Mine has 78,000 miles, 125,000kms. Most fluids now running Amsoil except transmission. Haven’t changed transmission fluid. Only problem to date has been air suspension. It does not like winter weather and will fail, blowing the fuse. Suspect pump forms condensation, then freezes up. No solution from Ram. Have wrapped the air compressor with a battery heater and anytime temps drop below -5c she gets plugged in. Also have reprogrammed computer, re Geen Diesel. Very happy with truck so far. Have towed 7,000lbs trailer many miles.

Roland

Mar 29, 2016
Truck Year
Yes had the same problem with air suspension froze in Feb at -40c on hwy after 2 HR drive. Stealership says they can add some kind of antifreeze into system for $500 Really? Afraid to take truck into dealership after reading about the Aem flash. No benefit in Canada we get no extended warranty or money back. For now. Had a friend who has a 2014 who just did a full delete, went with him to talk to shop that did it. The shop said they are doing at least three deletes a week on Ecodiesels. After 3 weeks after delete totally different truck in performance and fuel mileage. Very happy with the work and truck, but I noticed his. Tailpipe s are black now, they told him all that soot is coming out of intake and that is normal. And it sures more like a Diesel

Rockytop

Oct 23, 2019
Truck Year
I have a 2018. The knock sensor went out and I had to limp it home and have it towed to dealer. Does anyone know if you can put Lucas oil and transmission treatment in, or would it void the warranty?? The truck has 17,000 miles on it

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
It may be quite some time if ever.
HD diesel supply may be your only option, not sure of the ins and outs of dealing with Canada and customs
I called Canada about three weeks ago they said that they could not take a use ECU and program it to my truck. I also called HD diesel supply and the person I spoke to told me that they did not perform that service as well.

Adamx27

Nov 29, 2019
Truck Year
116,802 miles

2014 Ram EcoDiesel Original Owner

parts to date: intake manifold and def tank thankfully both covered under emissions warranty.

fluids, and filters

HunPecker

Feb 27, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
2018 RAM ED, 8900 miles

No trouble so far, great ride. Just received a safety recall concerning the EGR cooler. States the EGR cooler may be susceptible to thermal fatigue causing the cooler to crack over time. An internal crack will introduce pre-heated, vaporized coolant to the EGR system while the engine is running. This mixture interacts with other hydrocarbons and air in the system, potentially resulting in combustion within the intake manifold, which may lead to a vehicle fire. Here's the kicker--the remedy for this condition is not currently available. They are working on it. We are suppose to monitor the coolant levels; if consistently low, we are advised to contact the dealers. If you have already repaired something like this you can submit request for reimbursement.

Tomphot

Nov 25, 2019
Truck Year
59,000 miles - ran great with no issues. Had the AEM recall, 2 months later, EGR coolant leak and engine overheating put me on side of road. Luckily had enough water in truck to make it 10 miles to closest Ram dealer. It’s now been sitting for 1 week, can’t wait for the 30 day mark to do the buyback. I’m sure there are class actions in process to get all of these off the road. Ticking time bombs.

Ccurrie5

Dec 1, 2019
Truck Year
59,000 miles - ran great with no issues. Had the AEM recall, 2 months later, EGR coolant leak and engine overheating put me on side of road. Luckily had enough water in truck to make it 10 miles to closest Ram dealer. It’s now been sitting for 1 week, can’t wait for the 30 day mark to do the buyback. I’m sure there are class actions in process to get all of these off the road. Ticking time bombs.

New Member but have been keeping an eye on this forum for a while. Thank you all for your help to this point.

‘15 - 88k miles
Burnt/Lost 2 gallons of coolant over a 3 week period of driving and light towing. This started about two weeks after the VM1 update. Went through the dealership service center dance of explaining that it’s the EGR. They provided me with an early release copy of the new EGR recall (I officially received in the mail yesterday). I have been calling FCA every other day and they tell me there is no fix. Dealership won’t replace the EGR without a “code” or something to use against warranty. Meanwhile my truck has been parked for 3 weeks.

What can I do? I keep hearing about a buy back, what are the requirements for that?

On the GDE website it appears all of the tunes are sold out. Is this due to the new EPA delete regulations? Am I too late to purchase that tune now?

Just looking for some input and options on where to go from here. I was at the dealership yesterday and they offered me a sweet deal on a 2500 but I don’t necessarily want to just give up on my 1500 yet.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I really doubt abuy back is going 2 happen soon gde got closed down by the epa your best bet is 2 contact hddeisel in canada

Tomphot

Nov 25, 2019
Truck Year
I really doubt abuy back is going 2 happen soon gde got closed down by the epa your best bet is 2 contact hddeisel in canada

If the truck sits at dealer for longer than 30 days, it qualifies for a buyback at NADA clean retail value. That is all spelled out in the settlement for items covered in the extended warranty.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
if we don't have parts to fix then we won't take them in if u want 2 bring then in its on u

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
if they tell u no parts avail or parts backordered u just have to wait

Unhappywith FCA

Oct 15, 2019
Truck Year
My dealer replaced my intake manifold for over $3,000. Did someone say the recall expanded to include the intake?