• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How many miles on your ecodiesel and have you had any problems?

VernDiesel

Mar 13, 2017
Truck Year
Actually I’ve seen with PPEI 60 HP tune, not sure if he had a trans tune also but she pulled nice rolling burn outs. Limited slip differential left two long black marks. Still not as fast as a Hemi but fun and doesn’t swill fuel.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Vern My 2019 Hemi get's great Mileage Just finish 367 Miles Trip to Northern MN Spilt Rock/ Gooseberry I35 to Hwy 61 both ways plus the stop and go towns North of Duluth HC 367 Miles by 18 Gallons 20.38.

According to this Video it Mix's EGRs that really goona complicate tuning that setup to NON-Functional status... and Deleting will be more effort and cost, and I'm willing to guess that ECM/PCM will be encryption 128 or higher. Plus the $6K price tag.

GM new D-Max 3.0 with the latest state of the art technogly EPA rated 33/27

Last edited:

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Its My understanding its Mix in other words 2 ERG coolers and inlets to plenum...The exiting one with the additional Post DPF EGR.

Cat Tried this, When the DPF is in Active Regen the ECM Shuts the Post ERG down and it runs the existing or main EGR, the ECM manages both when in passive operation.

I don't think this is going to be easy shutting all this down, and as I mentioned earlier its like 128Bit , It will likely take 2-4 years to break, The 2017+ D-Max is about $5K to tune delete correctly .

jeff perry

Jan 8, 2019
Truck Year
I wanted to take a quick poll and ask how many miles do you have and if you have any problems?

I have 15000 miles but no problems. I'm happy with my ecodiesel so far!!
57000 miles.lots of recalls,replaced turbo,egr cooler, oil cooler, exhaust sensor,orc module, alternator, battery im glad it is still under warranty.worst vehicle i ever owned.dont know what to do next.

jeff perry

Jan 8, 2019
Truck Year
57000 miles replaced oil cooler, turbo, egr cooler, alternator, battery, exhaust sensor and alot of recalls. im glad its still under warranty. worst vehicle i ever owned

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
I have an 18 with 17k miles. The memory seats, garage door opener have not worked since I picked it up. It also is super gutless when I first start driving it. Dealer can't seem to get any of it fixed. I wished I had bought the hemi.
Dealer makes all the difference in the world. There is no excuse for the normal warranty items, engine, now they only have so much to work with. My 14 ran great until the oil change program, but it still ran a lot better than the AEM. At 102K got a "tune" and my old truck plus is back. It is sad that one has to go to the after market to get the engine performance that should have come with the original.

gibbsman89

Aug 25, 2019
Truck Year
I have a 2015 ecodiesel with 127,545 miles. It actually has been a good truck and I have few complaints. I have had the emissions modification done pursuant to the Class Action Suit. I have noticed a decrease in mpg and initial acceleration. Other than that, all is well.

jcj1576

May 6, 2018
Truck Year
I have a 2015 ecodiesel with 127,545 miles. It actually has been a good truck and I have few complaints. I have had the emissions modification done pursuant to the Class Action Suit. I have noticed a decrease in mpg and initial acceleration. Other than that, all is well.
Get the GDE tune(s) and don't look back!

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
Thanks for the responses to the forum about your truck mileage and non problems that you have experienced. This gives me hope that I can make it over 100k with few or no problems .

EcoJon

Aug 25, 2019
Truck Year
Bought my 2015 outdoorsman with 65k miles on it at 87k the egr cooler started leaking internally and loosing fluid. Dealer said it was cooler and would not cover the replacement but would cover the gasket crazy because this truck had the 100k warranty. So this pissed me off to say the least,so after research I did the GDE hot tune with a sasquatch egr delete and wa la no more leak. And bonus more power better mpg

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
Bought my 2015 outdoorsman with 65k miles on it at 87k the egr cooler started leaking internally and loosing fluid. Dealer said it was cooler and would not cover the replacement but would cover the gasket crazy because this truck had the 100k warranty. So this pissed me off to say the least,so after research I did the GDE hot tune with a sasquatch egr delete and wa la no more leak. And bonus more power better mpg
What type of mpg's are you getting on the highway?

EcoJon

Aug 25, 2019
Truck Year
This depends on highway speeds 55-65 mph 30 to 33 mpg I just drove 5 hours today and got 26 just under 27 at 75-80 mph

EcoJon

Aug 25, 2019
Truck Year
And this was in about 100 miles in the pouring rain so not bad, this truck is a 4x4

EcoJon

Aug 25, 2019
Truck Year
If you do the hot tune it is recommended to do the filter and converter delete due to possible plugging them up I didn't do my delete right away put about 1k miles with no problems before I did my exhaust

Tbar

Aug 24, 2019
Truck Year
2015 with 127,400 miles
Great truck but just started losing engine coolant—-no visible leaks so I suspect EGR
Cooler—- $1,400 for new one!??!
Also throttle response on take off is hesitant
And then it kicks in hard—throttle body dirty/sticky??