• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How many miles on your ecodiesel and have you had any problems?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
That's what I want to hear ! The guys that LOVE their Eco Diesel and are having NO major issues as well....

We actually have plenty of those guys here.. we just don't go around posting how great our truck ran today..

Maybe that's an idea? :D

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
We actually have plenty of those guys here.. we just don't go around posting how great our truck ran today..

Mine ran great! :D turned 31k today. Still great

Stan Laurel

Aug 3, 2015
Truck Year

25k, and running problem-free. Love this truck!

polecat

Feb 11, 2016
Truck Year
No conclusion yet . Investigator finally responded to Dealer service 45 days after fire . Truck has been in a "Coma " 4 months and no end in site . I have 1 email response from FAC reminding me I had insurance as an alternative to the long wait and a loaner car as a courtesy . Also repairs authorized . Love Ram truck , most personnel I've dealt with at company level SUCK . Arbitration next step .
If I can send email response from Ram or upload to this site ,you wont believe their attitude . OEM injector blew apart within 50 miles after install caused fire and they ask me to ask my insurance to pay again ? Beginning month 5 of truck from hell nightmare .
If previous " doubters " still have those thoughts I will email copies of bills , fire dept reports , horrible reply from Ram and hope you never have a major Fiat / Chrysler / Ram / Jeep problem .
Truck still in shop as of June 28 th

MTT

Jun 29, 2016
Truck Year
So, I had just over 19,000 miles on our 2015 when the check engine light came on. Took it to dealer on May 23rd and they said a glow plug needed to be changed. Check engine light came back on during their test drive for the other glow plug. They tried to change it and they broke it off. I was originally told Chrysler was sending a new engine, then a new head, and finally they fessed up that they had to take it completely apart and extract the plug because Chrysler wouldn't approve it. They told me mine is the first ecodiesel that they have had any problems with and that most of the wait has been on ordering the tools to work on it (I find hard to believe...maybe waiting on Chrysler's approval for the new engine?).

Last night they told me it was done to come get it. My service rep said that both her and technician took lengthy test drives and everything was good. When I got into the truck for my test drive before I signed off, the inside smelled very strongly of oil (almost like hydraulic oil). About 10 minutes into the test drive, major exhaust started coming into the cab followed shortly by a check engine light. When I got back, the service rep said the code was for low rail pressure. So we wait longer....

I LOVE my truck otherwise. It is a nice ride, comfortable seats, awesome mpg even when towing a trailer, and it doesn't drive like a big truck. I am just hoping that once they get everything fixed that I don't have these major issues again. Kind of worried though since its been laying around the shop in pieces for a month.

polecat

Feb 11, 2016
Truck Year
Just drive it! The percentage of failures are minuscule. There's no reason to think your truck won't give you years of trouble free ownership. Keep up on the routine maintenance and I'd bet the house you'll be fine....

-Brady
Don't know about minuscule but do know FAC warranty and SOME Ram personnel SUCK when problems do occur . My truck has been down since Jan 18 th . Since March 24 because parts not available . Starting Lemon Law procedure Tuesday . Loved the truck , hate Ram and their no response , get lost we got your money attitude . Hope they are first to go belly up when bottom falls out .

Barney

Apr 5, 2016
Truck Year
I have 4,500 miles on my Longhorn and no problems The exhaust filter regeneration message has come on twice. Is that normal?

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I have 4,500 miles on my Longhorn and no problems The exhaust filter regeneration message has come on twice. Is that normal?
You're going to want to change your driving habits to lessen your idling and get up to highway speeds for at least 10-15 minutes maybe once a week is ok. And you won't see it. It's not hurting anything but it's letting you know there's a lot of city driving that's not letting it complete regenerations. Mine is worst in winter when idling is heavy

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
21000 miles with no issues at all. Just do not like the tires.
I'm with you, 31k still on factory treads. Something new by the time snow flies. Milking summer miles out of the last of them

Giri

Jun 3, 2016
Truck Year
25000km on my 2016, about 1/2 of it towing aprox 6500 lbs trailer. So far nothing except two engine light codes, one forr suspension overweight, other factory undetermined. Neither reoccured after resetting. Other than a dislike for the nav sustem i really like the trick. Steady 15 mpg towing ans about 28 not. Happy

polecat

Feb 11, 2016
Truck Year
No conclusion yet . Investigator finally responded to Dealer service 45 days after fire . Truck has been in a "Coma " 4 months and no end in site . I have 1 email response from FAC reminding me I had insurance as an alternative to the long wait and a loaner car as a courtesy . Also repairs authorized . Love Ram truck , most personnel I've dealt with at company level SUCK . Arbitration next step .
If I can send email response from Ram or upload to this site ,you wont believe their attitude . OEM injector blew apart within 50 miles after install caused fire and they ask me to ask my insurance to pay again ? Beginning month 5 of truck from hell nightmare .
If previous " doubters " still have those thoughts I will email copies of bills , fire dept reports , horrible reply from Ram and hope you never have a major Fiat / Chrysler / Ram / Jeep problem .
July 11 and truck still in dealer garage awaiting parts . Doing Lemon Law . Been a 6 month nightmare Ram SUCKS as does warranty . Loved the truck ......................Last Year !!!!

polecat

Feb 11, 2016
Truck Year
July 11 and truck still in dealer garage awaiting parts . Doing Lemon Law . Been a 6 month nightmare Ram SUCKS as does warranty . Loved the truck ......................Last Year !!!!

Received email offering Mopar items for sale . Agreed to purchase Mopar Tee shirt , Red with Large Lemon on back to match my Laramie !!

klossfam

Jul 12, 2016
Truck Year
19,270 miles since new on August 19, 2015. Grill shutters replaced at 990 miles (CEL came on to indicate issue). CEL at 12,500 miles in February due to EGR Cleaning Problem - known code that gets thrown - CEL went off on it's own but took in for the TSB December 2015 ECU reflash (which I only found out about from a forum, not from RAM). No issues since.

So overall, no real issues and no real downtime. Average overall is 22.5 mpg with best tank of 26.5 mpg and about 1,000 miles of towing a 5,000 lb boat with approx 19 mpg towing. Love the truck, the ride, the mpgs, the range.

Still not sure I want to own past the 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty although a lot of emission components are covered past that per government regulations and the powertrain is 100k miles. I don't even mention years as the miles will come well before the time frame.

I came from a midsize (first generation Honda Ridgeline) and really like the gen 2 Ridgeline. Get's almost the same mixed mpg on 87 octane gas (will obviously get far worse towing but my towing is limited). In the real world, the drivability of a midsize, the parking, the agility are still calling me...

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
24K Miles Banks Bullet IQ. MS11106 has been Dropped, T-6 is approved. My ED been running T-6 for 20K miles, I will post the documentation when available form proper channels. This is My last sample The sodium was High and will sample again soon with fresh T-6 (I sample every 2-4K miles) I'm sure the last sample was a fluke on the sodium.

Attachments

• Banks Bullet 3.0.jpg
    Banks Bullet 3.0.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 15 ECODIESEL oil blackstone -061316.pdf
    21.8 KB · Views: 6

1stnewtruck

Jul 18, 2016
Truck Year
I wanted to take a quick poll and ask how many miles do you have and if you have any problems?

I have 15000 miles but no problems. I'm happy with my ecodiesel so far!!
Had my truck almost 6 months and 11500 miles loved it till last week. Low oil pressure light came on shut it off immediately. Called Chrysler they had it towed. Dealer didn't offer a loaner it was late and I could borrow a truck. Next day dealer told me they couldn't figure it out maybe sensor or oil pump, truck never once sounded funny. Day after that they tell me I need a new motor. Now they are going through Chrysler. Dealer told me they don't have enough tools to work on more than 1 ecodiesel at a time. Of course they have one tore down. Told me it would be at least 3 to 4 weeks before I might get my truck back. But they did loan me a dirty, empty, muddy Chrysler 200

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
If it makes you guys feel any better, I have a friend that has his brand new Ram Rebel in the shop getting a new motor... It shut down while going down the highway (55 MPH)..the dealer called about a week later to let him know what happen. Ended up dropping a valve. Now he's getting a new motor.

1stnewtruck

Jul 18, 2016
Truck Year
Sorry about your friends truck. I still like the truck. Just the dealer and Chrysler could handle it a lot better. I work out of that truck, just got to figure out what to do for a month. I think it'll be a task to pull a trailer with a Chrysler 200.