• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

It Finally Happened....DTC's Cometh.... Had to call in a Ford SD

7Milesup

Jun 14, 2018
Truck Year
Oh interesting. So are we thinking that this class action will actually come through and EcoDiesel owners may be awarded monetary compensation?

My Ecodiesel has been in the shop now for six weeks straight as of yesterday. Initially I had the P0299 code "Service Electronic Throttle Control". They replaced the MAF and part of the intake plenum where they found a crack. Also replaced the Turbo Boost Sensor and all the injectors and fuel rails. New fuel filter also. I had it home for half of a day and it threw a P026D code (Fuel quantity high - injectors) but after the tech talked to the Star engineers (I think that is what you call them) they had him replace the EGR. He drove it 40 miles and it threw the P026D code again. Still in the shop. Was going to do a GDE tune but we have decided to let techs from Chrysler run their course with it. I have an awesome dealership and he has been lending me trucks so I am not out anything really except I miss my beautiful truck.
The tech told me that Chrysler says that there is an ECM update coming along with a TSB that is supposed to address the P0299 code. Now after discovering the class action issue, I am thinking that this update will have more to with the litigation than fixing the core issues of he P0299 code (amongst others).

Thank you guys for the info.

Gossman78

Oct 2, 2016
Truck Year
Not sure if it'll be monetary or what. That's be nice since I paid a premium for the EcoDiesel in the 1500. We'll see. I've only had one issue. It was the P0299 but they replaced the particulate sensor and checked bunch of other things they were advised to check via 'dealer Link's. That ended up as a new TCM and ECM flash. It's under extended warranty to 100k so I'm not changing anything. Though I'll admit I really want the GDE tune. Dealer confined that the insurance people would void the warranty if anything like that was found. She did say that a truck with my mileage is outside of the bathtub failure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7Milesup

Jun 14, 2018
Truck Year
Bathtub failure? Is that a reference to the lower end and spinning a bearing?

My truck is at 93,xxx