• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Need your vote!

Osteoblast

Apr 8, 2017
Truck Year
I have driven my 2015 Limited Ecodiesel for 94k miles and, except for the engine blowing up and being replaced at 50k, it has been a great truck. Ram will only warranty 100k TOTAL miles, so in a few weeks I am on my own coverage-wise. Nissan dealer is offering me a Titan HD on trade at a ridiculous price. Ram dealer is offering a great price on a 20161500 (new!) Would you:

1) Keep driving
2) Keep driving and GED tune
3) Trade for 1500 Hemi
4) Trade for 2500 Cummins
6) Titan HD

Thoughts? This is a great community and I am thankful in advance for your opinions.

Kevin

Attachments

• 66A45D6D-D06D-4CBB-89B3-F74A86B09034.jpeg
    66A45D6D-D06D-4CBB-89B3-F74A86B09034.jpeg
    351.9 KB · Views: 28

John

Nov 13, 2015
Ultimately you know what's best. Based on you options I would go with the 2500 CTD. Most likely will be my next purchase.

Reactions: SLT

Osteoblast

Apr 8, 2017
Truck Year
Just got off the phone with FCA, they were unwilling to offer any trade assistance even though it was their flawed engine that completely devalued my trade. Did not realize the replacement engine showed up on Carfax. So I lose thousands of dollars in value, ask for help in buying a more expensive truck and was told to pound sand?

So mad I need to step away from the keyboard for a bit.

John

Nov 13, 2015
That stinks. I didn't realize a replaced engine would diminish the value that much.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I totally think a dealer replaced engine at 50k does not do any harm to your value. Wasn't a salvage motor, it's oe. May not boost value but it's sure not hurting

Reactions: SLT

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Or to stick in half ton diesel land.. Just wait 4 months for the Ford? Or 8 months for the Chevy?

Osteoblast

Apr 8, 2017
Truck Year
Thanks for the feedback, I think I’m going to stick it out for a while. I have test driven just about everything and can safely say that nothing rides like this truck. Have had zero issues with the crate engine, hoping that continues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VernDiesel

Mar 13, 2017
Truck Year
Pick door number 2. Get the tune & keep driving until about 12-19 when you can buy a MY 19 for a good price. Then Sell your existing ED out right. New engine doesn’t hurt value. Ie some won’t want it for that others will want it for that.

Osteoblast

Apr 8, 2017
Truck Year
Pick door number 2. Get the tune & keep driving until about 12-19 when you can buy a MY 19 for a good price. Then Sell your existing ED out right. New engine doesn’t hurt value. Ie some won’t want it for that others will want it for that.

Thanks! Getting OA to see if I will make it that long....When you’ve already had an engine die on you, it gets a little nerve-racking to think you might have to pay for it out of your own pocket. I’ve owned about 40 vehicles or so through the years and this is the only one that blew an engine!

Osteoblast

Apr 8, 2017
Truck Year
When do you expect to cross 100k?
Next week, looking to trade for a Hemi today. I’ve already lost one engine and don’t feel good enough about the crankshaft bearing to risk that repair on my dime.... A real bummer as I love the truck!

VernDiesel

Mar 13, 2017
Truck Year
I get ya. You could also trade on a brand new 17 ED and have a fresh 100k. Elk Grove Ram in CA has the biggest selection in the country with the best priceing. Check out Elkgrovedodge.com for pics & price. Also Razzari Ram in Merced CA has a $100 deductible termless powertrain warranty that you can get when you purchase a new truck through them commercial use excluded.

dingdangit

Dec 14, 2017
Truck Year
Just got off the phone with FCA, they were unwilling to offer any trade assistance even though it was their flawed engine that completely devalued my trade. Did not realize the replacement engine showed up on Carfax. So I lose thousands of dollars in value, ask for help in buying a more expensive truck and was told to pound sand?

I got an opportunity to buy a Maxima with replaced engine and tranny by the dealer. I jumped on it. I was thrilled to get a vehicle with minimal mileage on the drive train at a good price.

solarvic

Jun 28, 2015
Truck Year
Curious. What kind of trade was you offered. I have a 2015 big horn eco with about 22,000 miles on it.even though I love the truck I have lost confidence in it because I feel like I am driving a time bomb. So today I was offered $25.000 trade in value on a Dodge Charger GT AWD. . Originally the dealer offered me less and tried to back up his value by getting on Edmunds website that will buy your vehicle. Edmunds offered to buy it for more than he offered me so that kind of backfired on the salesman. So when I said to sell it to Edmonds, he added another $2,500 onto the trade value. So next week I will be driving a new red charger GT AWD.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I'll second that question, aside from a truck not depreciating quite as bad, I personally don't understand why one has a full size truck but can just as easily have an awd midsize sedan.. 2 very different things

VernDiesel

Mar 13, 2017
Truck Year
Not judging no defense is needed. Simply because I wanted one is ok. I’m just asking what the motivator was as it wasn’t functional need. Could be combo safety fuel economy or how others including opposite might view me. Etc etc

solarvic

Jun 28, 2015
Truck Year
Well for me I liked my Ecodiesel but not all the mechanical problems with the engine. I also don,t like how Chrysler likes to charge 3 or 4 times more for oil filters and the oil you had to use that they specified. I couldn,t find any of it near my area. So finally WIX started to sell one for them for $22 That is made in USA instead of China. I can get the rotella T5 at wall mart a lot cheaper than the oil from Chrysler Last week I fell out of the back of the truck flat om my back. My age is 73 and I have a very hard time getting into and out of the bed. I didn,t want to give up 4 wheel drive so decided to trade before either the truck motor dies or I do. I had a friend that died just falling out of his truck. If I decide ever to get another truck I will get the 3.6 V6. I drove one for a week while the eco was in the shop and it had plenty of power and the fuel milage isn,t that far from the diesel. So you do not save any money because the diesel usually cost 50 cents more per gallon.

JW24

Feb 13, 2018
Truck Year

I wish carfax would have shown my engine being replaced. I purchased it not knowing. Just found out while I’m having to get another replaced.