• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P203e code

Chris Stultz

Nov 12, 2017
Truck Year
Sounds very similar to what my plan is. I wish there was a way to contact dodge directly. It needs to be recalled. I' imagining as these trucks get older, more and more people will have this problem. I though about going on every dodge dealership website and posting to people not to buy an ecodiesel. Yelp and Google reviews sometimes cause a fit.

Chris Stultz

Nov 12, 2017
Truck Year
Update... I did contact dodge directly. They contacted my dealer and then there was some back and forth. Supposedly, they are escalating the issue and I should be hearing back from them soon. Who knows... Maybe there will be a recall soon?

Nutt

Feb 20, 2015
Truck Year
Update... I did contact dodge directly. They contacted my dealer and then there was some back and forth. Supposedly, they are escalating the issue and I should be hearing back from them soon. Who knows... Maybe there will be a recall soon?
Hope that recall equals a refund for those of us who have already replaced it and had to pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lady

Jan 4, 2018
Truck Year
I just had the 203E pop up last night on my way home. Following for updates.

Chris Stultz

Nov 12, 2017
Truck Year
Well... they expedited my case. The dealership convinced them that it wasn't my fault. It' getting covered under the 80,000 mile emissions warranty. I had 83,000 when it was first "diagnosed". It is getting replaced next week.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Well, no code right now but it's really cold.. -15f. had 1/4 of def and was somewhere it was on tap so threw 4 gallons in. Still hasn't moved. So I might be in this Boat. Or it might be the weather. Who knows. 64k these days. Not sure if i'll go Warranty route or take my first emissions issue as my excuse to delete everything. That's been my whole train of thought since day one, as long as it works it stays. Once it's an issue bye bye.

Any input out there?

Nutt

Feb 20, 2015
Truck Year
Delete the whole truck!! Taking kind back to dealership today for the second oil leak in the same place almost 2 years to the date it’s the o ring on the air bleeder under the oilfilter plus with all the other issues I’ve had this truck isn’t a lemon it’s a persimmon.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I will delete mine after 1st emission problem as well. I’m in this truck for the long haul so it needs to be reliable.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Delete the whole truck!! Taking kind back to dealership today for the second oil leak in the same place almost 2 years to the date it’s the o ring on the air bleeder under the oilfilter plus with all the other issues I’ve had this truck isn’t a lemon it’s a persimmon.

Hey now don't down the persimmon, that's good shit right there.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Well I got a p249c code last weekend, and that 4.5 gallons of def never showed on the gauge so with it down to 1/8 tank (I figured about 1000 miles from a 500 mile no start code?), being my only day off and 150 miles a day for Work I fought my way into a dealership. there was a tsb related to if one fault code and it involved a scr def fluid level reset. So they did that, and don't think it did anything because of course there were no codes related to the system, which was true. I just knew there was an issue and saw it as a ticking time bomb. Regardless after the tank showed 1/4 so it did SOMETHING but we will see about longer term I guess.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
And poof, out of nowhere..20180224_084158.jpg

zebtastic

Aug 30, 2018
Truck Year
Well... they expedited my case. The dealership convinced them that it wasn't my fault. It' getting covered under the 80,000 mile emissions warranty. I had 83,000 when it was first "diagnosed". It is getting replaced next week.
Hey Chris / all,

I am in the same boat. My issue came on at 52k miles and the emissions warranty was for 50k. When contacting Dodge directly, what did you say to get them to be on your side?

TN Sludge

Aug 17, 2018
Truck Year
I have a 2015 with the DEF gauge stuck at 1/4 tank. Getting the CEL and 500 mile fill warning. Took it to dealer and was told they have to replace the tank, pump and internal sensor for $2600 uuuuggggh... I got with Chrysler customer support and they were no help. Truck has 91k miles on it. Torn on what to do with it.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I have a 2015 with the DEF gauge stuck at 1/4 tank. Getting the CEL and 500 mile fill warning. Took it to dealer and was told they have to replace the tank, pump and internal sensor for $2600 uuuuggggh... I got with Chrysler customer support and they were no help. Truck has 91k miles on it. Torn on what to do with it.
Have you tried just adding Def? My gauge started to be worthless below 1/4 and I had the same issue. But when I added Def it registered. You just had to guess Work the bottom 1/4.

Nutt

Feb 20, 2015
Truck Year
Hate to hear that, if you’ll read this thread from the beginning to end you’ll find a few things to try before shelling out the cash to the dealer. They may work and they may not ,seems everyone has had different results but they are all still worth trying. I did just about all of them and In the end I had to replace the tank only, I did however have what I thought was complete success from time to time and some others have had complete and lasting results so if you have any mechanical experience and free time it’s worth a shot.

RalliartOR84

Feb 7, 2019
Truck Year
Hi new to this forum have a 16 and just had this cel code pop as pending at 36005 with a 36k warranty not sure if I have a higher emissions warranty. Have half tank of DEF and just had a oil change done. Irony is it was suppose to go to the shop today for recall work. Dealer said I just have to role with it till a real code pops and there is nothing they can do till then. And maybe to hit the highway for a bit. We did just hit our low temp of the year in Central Oregon last night. With the new emissions reimbursement case pending curious if they bone me on my warranty I know where that 2k is going...GDE off road delete. Did GDE ever say if this would remedy the issue?

RalliartOR

Feb 3, 2018
Truck Year
Did GDE ever say if this would remedy the issue?
[/QUOTE]
Day 3 no progession for go or worse. Contacted GDE about the issue and they said only doing the hot tune and a 50$ misc charge to wipe the code should fix the problem.
Couple this with an egr delete kit (Flo Pro, Outlaw or CTF?) Sounds like a cheaper solution than 2600 for tank replacement.

Sheldon J

Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
after several days of below zero weather the red lightning bolt of death appears and says "service electronic throttle sensor". Also finally dawns on me my def gauge was at one-half for a long time. Did i run it low/out of def fluid? Got the code reset which said "turbo under boost" and "drain def fluid". when the code was reset I was able to drive over 30mph now. I added 2.5 gallons of def and in 20 minuets my check engine light turned off and it drives fine. My def fluid gauge however doesn't move. Any thoughts? This is the first diesel ive owned in a long time.

RalliartOR

Feb 3, 2018
Truck Year
Well thw cell light disappeared me for too. I thought the 500mile indicator was going to come up but made a 35mile highway run for dinner at my parents light was on. Got back in to go home, no light. I did not add any DEF and besides terrible mpg going from 18 to 16.4 while highway driving I noticed nothing. Way home it started to climb back up.