• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

PSA: FCA Changes Oil Specification Requirement for Ram 1500 EcoDiesels

Great White

Jul 28, 2016
Truck Year
Good to hear.. You could always do a oil test at 7K to see how the oil is doing. That will tell you if you're changing it too soon or not soon enough. Either way I've always felt like 7K is a good happy/medium area.

I think I will, at about 7k I'll do an oil change and get it sampled and go from there. Thanks for the suggestion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HerbW

Dec 3, 2018
Truck Year
I called ram customer service and they have told me that the new oil specs apply to my truck as well however when I talk to the dealer they said that in their bulletin it only shows the change for the 2016 model . I am just as confused but I was told to wait a couple weeks and there should be some follow up bulletins about this so don't hurry to change your oil right away let's just wait to see what Chrysler will come up with this time .
Andy, what oil are you using now. I switched to T6 for my 2015. The stealer/Dealer told me the same thing and I should use Euro 5-30 till a TSB is issued for my truck. I put 10.5 quarts in and the next day it's shows on the dipstick I below minimum. I hate checking oil on the 3.0L Ecodiesel as I'm anal on my truck upkeep!

CGAR

Jun 29, 2019
Truck Year
Go to rams website on the owner page and download the new revision of your trucks owners manual. Particularly the diesel supplement page. There is a new revision.
Read somewhere that FCA went with the lower viscosity oil to facilitate cold weather starting but later found it was causing premature engine wear. Not sure of the validity of this as you would think if it were true the company would issue the changes to all owners on record. Not good business practice.