• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ram styling from other brands

How is the body style of the Ram 1500 trucks?

• The Best right now

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I like it

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • It's ok

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Diesel30

Aug 1, 2013
Curious to see others options on looks of the Ram compared to others? I know it's a opinion but...

Bigfoot

Nov 6, 2013
It is definitely more to my liking than the GM/Chevy, Toyota and Nissan, and it is on a par with the Ford. Much depends on the color and bumper style which can make certain lines pop.

Bigfoot

Nov 6, 2013
Of course, the interior of the Ram is superior as are the engine, transmission and suspension.

altruck3

Sep 21, 2014
Of course, the interior of the Ram is superior as are the engine, transmission and suspension.
They did well with it, and they have improved all dimensions of the truck the past 7 years. Also changed the overall opinion from truck owners the past few years.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
The new Ford is definitely new, but I don't much care for the look. I just find the Ram more subtle and it has the best available interior by far.

The only exceptions to all of this is the new limited model. Ram screwed up on that even if it is unique.

4 corner available air suspension on basically every model is ahead of it's time on so many levels.

They need to give up on the black facia on the tradesman and entry level. It's the first thing to be checked off with popular equipment group to get painted or bright grills and bumpers because nobody wants the matte grill. Even most people that plan to rip it out and replace it right away don't opt for it. I think that's probably the only downside I see to the ram brand trucks exterior truly

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
You know, I like Ford's new look. Especially the lights. Chevy as well. Even Tundras are looking better.

But I cannot stand Titans, GMCs, or the Colorado/Canyons.

All just based on looks. I've not had much seat time with anything new to comment otherwise.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Yeah I've had no seat time but I absolutely cannot stand the look of the Colorado canyon. Except the Zr series concept with the miniMaxx diesel I was actually okay with. It was the only model that remotely took a liking too.

And I do like the Denali HD asthetically anyways. That grill really makes a statement in someone's rear view mirror. But the interior really wasn't anything special. Same old stuff plus leather. The Laramie longhorn was actually something different which I took a liking to

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Really though just as much as the diesel sold me was the factory air suspension. Our 2001 BMW x5 has factory Auto leveling rear air suspension and I towed with that for a while and couldn't imagine without it. Nobody else has that factory. Ram is just really losing it holding onto the halogen lights in my opinion

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Yea my halogens are pretty bad. I run with the fogs on just for the extra lumens. Never had a problem with my GMs. Swap in Silverstars and I was good to go.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Yup that truck right there is my only soft spot to the ED.

Damn does that truck stand out and make it's presence known. Beautiful truck whoever's it was.

Stan Laurel

Aug 3, 2015
Truck Year
The GM trucks IMHO look great. I love the front lights and the profile. Ram #2 in looks, but #1 everywhere else that counts. If the GM had coil springs, air suspension and our diesel, I would have gone that route.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
The GM trucks IMHO look great. I love the front lights and the profile. Ram #2 in looks, but #1 everywhere else that counts. If the GM had coil springs, air suspension and our diesel, I would have gone that route.
GM doesn't have a half-ton diesel.. which is why they lost customers to the Ram EcoDiesel.

With the diesel option coming out in the Canyon and Colorado, I'm still not sure many would step down to a midsize truck for about the same price you can get a ecodiesel for.

Stan Laurel

Aug 3, 2015
Truck Year
.....and virtually the same fuel economy. Less room, less payload, less towing capacity. Hmmm there's a recipe for success. Only the die-hard GM fanboys with think that's a better deal.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
.....and virtually the same fuel economy. Less room, less payload, less towing capacity. Hmmm there's a recipe for success. Only the die-hard GM fanboys with think that's a better deal.

I respectfully disagree. Dmax'd Colorado/Canyon is just another option. Another tool for the job. Should get better fuel economy, and actual tow ratings/capacities aren't that far off from our weak sprung'd Rams. Price wise? Yep, they're expensive. They all are. Fact is though, I could've taken what I gave for my BigHorn EcoD and bought a brand new Plain Jane CCSB 4WD 2500 Cummins that will see 20+ mpgs and is undoubtably proven as a reliable workhorse.

So are we the fools? Or did we just choose what best suits our individual needs?

Stan Laurel

Aug 3, 2015
Truck Year
We are decidedly NOT fools. I don't see the baby GM diesel trucks as competition to EDs. The interior space is far larger, the cargo area is larger, the ride is better ('specially with air ride) the truck is way better looking (IMHO), and their mileage is only better by 1 or 2 MPG - a sad fact for them. I think if someone has made the decision to plunk over $40K on a truck and goes with the GM, they have either A) been burned by Chrysler in the past, or B) are brand-loyal to GM. Having said that, there is one distinct advantage to the GM - it will fit into more garages than the RAM!