• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Reimbursement Timeline?

Ram'in and Jamm'in

Jun 27, 2019
Truck Year
Mine was stuck in that stage for awhile, until I called them and asked them if there was a problem with my claim. My problem was, I didn't send the whole 8 pages back to them. From the first email I received, it sounded like all I had to send in was the signed docs, and this was not the case. Only then did my case move to the next stage. Then it told me that I needed to have the AEM dine, which it had been done 2-3 weeks prior. I then e-mailed them pics of the docs from the dealer.

Ram'in and Jamm'in

Jun 27, 2019
Truck Year
This is my completed doc pack from their site.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190705-212319.png
    Screenshot_20190705-212319.png
    385.8 KB · Views: 18

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
Yeah, my point as well. Why would the site indicate check has been mailed when (in your case) it wasn't even generated for nearly two weeks after the site indicated it had been mailed. Blatantly FALSE! Mine has said this now for going on three weeks: CheckMailed.PNG

Mjchitt

May 22, 2019
Truck Year
Mine was stuck in that stage for awhile, until I called them and asked them if there was a problem with my claim. My problem was, I didn't send the whole 8 pages back to them. From the first email I received, it sounded like all I had to send in was the signed docs, and this was not the case. Only then did my case move to the next stage. Then it told me that I needed to have the AEM dine, which it had been done 2-3 weeks prior. I then e-mailed them pics of the docs from the dealer.
When you say all 8 pages, do you mean the offer letter?

Mjchitt

May 22, 2019
Truck Year
The ecodiesel settlement hotline is almost a joke. Most of us on here know far more than anyone we'll talk to there because we've called so many times and researched it to death.

Mjchitt

May 22, 2019
Truck Year
So I was just notified today after 7.5 weeks that they needed a pic of my wife's id as well to finish my document package. I guess I should've know that since she's the co-owner, but wow 7.5 weeks! And I've called at least 10 times (no exaggeration) to inquire on the status. Even then I'm sure they only did something because I called earlier today and insisted on speaking with a case manager.

Ram'in and Jamm'in

Jun 27, 2019
Truck Year
Yes, all 8 pages of the offer letter. I hear ya, I spoke with a girl that acted like it was her first day on the job. I also forget my wife's I.D. that held mine up too.. At least your making head way.

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
Just some more feedback and information. Obviously it's frustrating to log into the FCA Settlement portal for weeks and see it reflecting 'Check has been mailed...' So I called FCA once again to ask about it, and today, a 'Nybol' indicated, "Oh, yeah...it says that, but it can take 6-8 weeks for the check to actually be processed and mailed." I'm usually pretty low-key about things, but I made it known in no uncertain terms it was UNACCEPTABLE for the site to clearly indicate it's "...been mailed to the address on file" when in reality it's still in some long, drawn-out 'approval and/or processing' status.'
So I then hung up with Nybol and called the normal FCA Customer Care (not Emissions Settlement) number, and groused at them about the misleading information they're peddling to us EcoDiesel owners for the emissions topic. She (Brianna) indicated she didn't think she could do anything more than "pass that along." I also asked her about my reimbursement for the EGR cooler I paid for out of pocket back in April (and which is covered under the extended Warranty with the emissions settlement) and what the status of that is. She put me on hold for a while and came back and (once again) indicated "....it's being reviewed." I said, "How will I know what the status of that is?" She replied, "You'll receive a call from the case worker who's handling it, and will be contacted vai the phone number on file when it's moving forward."
At this rate, it might be 2020 before we get all the monies due us from FCA...
:mad:

Keith2691

Jul 15, 2019
Truck Year
Gents,

Has anyone received their settlement reimbursement yet? Or, does anyone have any gouge for how long it will take?
Nope. Their status system indicated the check was mailed two weeks ago but I never received anything. The hotline was zero help.

Ram'in and Jamm'in

Jun 27, 2019
Truck Year
My settlement said it was mailed on the 17th of June. I didn't receive it unlit the 5th of July. It said it was printed on July 1st.

Mjchitt

May 22, 2019
Truck Year
Just some more feedback and information. Obviously it's frustrating to log into the FCA Settlement portal for weeks and see it reflecting 'Check has been mailed...' So I called FCA once again to ask about it, and today, a 'Nybol' indicated, "Oh, yeah...it says that, but it can take 6-8 weeks for the check to actually be processed and mailed." I'm usually pretty low-key about things, but I made it known in no uncertain terms it was UNACCEPTABLE for the site to clearly indicate it's "...been mailed to the address on file" when in reality it's still in some long, drawn-out 'approval and/or processing' status.'
So I then hung up with Nybol and called the normal FCA Customer Care (not Emissions Settlement) number, and groused at them about the misleading information they're peddling to us EcoDiesel owners for the emissions topic. She (Brianna) indicated she didn't think she could do anything more than "pass that along." I also asked her about my reimbursement for the EGR cooler I paid for out of pocket back in April (and which is covered under the extended Warranty with the emissions settlement) and what the status of that is. She put me on hold for a while and came back and (once again) indicated "....it's being reviewed." I said, "How will I know what the status of that is?" She replied, "You'll receive a call from the case worker who's handling it, and will be contacted vai the phone number on file when it's moving forward."
At this rate, it might be 2020 before we get all the monies due us from FCA...
:mad:
I know how you feel. I can't stand being lied to, which is pretty much all you get when you call any of the numbers. I called fca customer service and demanded to speak with someone higher up when looking to get my def tank warrantied (aem had been done for some time). The guy says there's no one higher up to speak to. I'm like "I know your boss is there, probably even listening in on this call." He says the only thing he can do is arrange for a call back within 24 hrs. This is the same response from the settlement # when you ask to speak with a case manager. " I'll put a note in your file for them to call you back today or tomorrow." I've gotten that at least twice and never got a call back. I've gotten pushy several times, but you know they're just in some call center making $10 / hr and are told what to say / do. If you get too huffy they'll just not help you at all. I'm still waiting for my offer letter. It's been 2 months to the day since I submitted my claim.
Good customer service, and feeling like you matter is a big deal. Not to mention being told that the aem won't affect performance when most of us have definitely noticed sluggish initial acceleration. If they're not careful, some of us might start looking at Chevy's new 3.0 diesel!

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
Mjchitt (and others) - I agree. (Though I'd shy away from a Chevy, and particularly a 'new' diesel which will likely be saddled with similar emissions restrictions.) My Portal has indicated the check has been mailed for nearly a month now, and I still don't have it.
I DID (after nearly three months) FINALLY hear about my reimbursement claim for the EGR Cooler which I'd paid for out-of-pocket before that was covered under the extended warranty with the emissions topic. The email (which I got this morning before 9:00 a.m.) says essentially the same thing:
"We are pleased to inform you that we have approved a total of $2718.47 for the Warranty reimbursement request. We will be sending the check to the mailing address on file for you."
HOWEVER, at least they included this clause: "Please allow 30 calendar days for the check to arrive." So now I'm looking at mid-August for that. Still no clue on the initial payment for the AEM/emissions settlement... :cautious:

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
Hi all. Well, I received a 'settlement' check (a partial) in the mail yesterday for $2460. So one of three checks has finally arrived. As noted above, I got 'word' that my reimbursement for work done on my EGR cooler (and which is now covered under the extended warranty associated with the settlement) was approved and I could get a check for that within 30 days. That's number two. The third and final check should be for the remaining $615; this is contingent on a 'previous' owner not filing for the reimbursement settlement by August 1. Since the 'previous' owner of my EcoDiesel passed away a year or more back, I don't foresee not getting that check. (Though it might be Christmas before that arrives...) And so it goes. :)

Mjchitt

May 22, 2019
Truck Year
So I called to check the status of my claim today. I actually got an honest person. She told me they (all the people who answer phones) don't have a lot of information on the settlement / cases, and thats actually a "different department." I asked if I could speak to that department (ie my case manager) and she gave me a flat "No." I said i was told that my case manager would call me back last week, and she basically said that's a lie and they "prefer to communicate via e-mail." I'm glad she told me what I already expected, but it also is frustrating to know there's nothing you can do to speed things along. I've had my claim in for over 2 months.