• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Reimbursement Timeline?

American Tim

Aug 28, 2019
Truck Year
Personally I would keep it until you get your claim money, then trade it in. Take the claim and put it as a down payment on another vehicle. That just my thoughts. I had the AEM done, a few months ago and he have a few issues also, such as just the other day I was pulling a 15% grade and I shifted into third gear. It fell flat on it's face! It literally would not accelerate. I had to manually knock it down a gear. When cold it jumps to 2nd gear, and down shifts to seventh for no reason and lacks tourqe. I have an extended warranty that is 3 year and unlimited miles on top of the AEM warranty and am contemplating on trading it in after my wife and I purchase a house!!
Yeah, this thing basically left me stranded. Nothing but idle. Had I ended up where I was going and had this thing die, i’d have been totally screwed - 30 minutes up a 4x4 fire road inaccessible to tow trucks and no cell service for 45 minutes worth of a drive. Blessed to have had the issue where it happened.

I drive A LOT. 150 mile round trip a day. “Will I make it to work/home as planned today?” Tough pill to swallow every time I get behind the wheel. Sux with a beautiful Limited......

Ram'in and Jamm'in

Jun 27, 2019
Truck Year
I hear ya! Makes me wonder if they tested the AEM in a real world situations? When people start trading them in and the dealers lots are flooded with them because they are not selling, that's when they will probably come out with a new update!

Ram'in and Jamm'in

Jun 27, 2019
Truck Year
No codes. I let off the throttle and got back on it to see if it would down shift, it didn't. The turbo wouldn't even spool up. That's when I manually down shifted it. When the tow/haul mode is active it runs like a champ, but I should not have to have it activated when unladen'd.

American Tim

Aug 28, 2019
Truck Year
Less than two weeks after the Electronic Throttle Control System issue (6 weeks post software update) the EGR cooler went yesterday and way overheated the motor. I'm pretty much done with this thing once it's back from the shop. Not one single issue with this truck in the previous 84,500 miles. Last 1,000 miles has been a complete poopfest…..

aptcat

Sep 5, 2019
Truck Year
Hey Guys! Just joined the forum and have not had a good experience with FCA and the settlement so far. I filed ALL necessary documentation on June 5th, 2019 and as of today Sept. 5, 2019...I still have not been reviewed and have the constant "hour glass" next to my review. Spoke with Mary at FCA Settlement and she told me they are way behind because there were more claims than they originally thought there would be. I argued that FCA had not sold that many ecodiesels period and they could not be 3 months behind already! She then told me they are working on ones submitted in the last week of May right now and she expected mine to be looked at within the next two weeks..at that great!?! I will let everyone know how it turns out, but over three months just to look at it seems a LONG time to me!

Ram'in and Jamm'in

Jun 27, 2019
Truck Year
They fed you a line of crap. I just looked at when I took the photos of my paper work. It was June 10th when I submitted ours. I have already gotten our first check on July 5th. You mean might want to call them back and see if there is a problem with your paper work.

reshives

Sep 5, 2019
Truck Year
I had the AEM fix done on July 8, submitted all the paperwork via online on July 10, the website still says claim submitted and that's it. Gave FCA a call and got the excuse more have taken advantage of this "recall" and things are moving slow. Mean while we took a 800 mile trip labor day weekend to see grandkids and the ETC light came on going out and coming back. A dealer on the way just turned it off, coming back I just limped it all the way home hoping it would just catch fire and end this torture.

CaptainMal

Oct 26, 2015
Truck Year
Took me three months, start to finish.

Check took about a month to arrive after final paperwork was approved and the notice that the check was coming was up on my claim.

Gunner

Sep 10, 2019
Truck Year
I'm the new guy here. I am the original owner of a 2016 ECO Diesel limited. It's been a great truck and I have no problems with it. I joined the class action and why not. I had the AEM completed at my dealer on May the 15th. I did that first. On the 16th of May I submitted my claim. I did the track a claim nonsense and watch it do nothing then called the number 1-833-280-4748. Monumental waste of time because you cannot talk to a human being. It is just recorded message telling you what you already know. Found an email EcoDiesel Email Notification <[email protected]> this is like the end of June, send them an email and they finally respond 6 weeks later telling me my claim documents are incomplete. Really every time I log onto the settlement website it stated that my claim submission is "complete". Well my package was not missing anything. I hadn't been assigned a case manager yet. Mind you I'm now 3 months into this. I get my claim manger to send me her supervisors number she reluctantly did. I asked this guy why it's been three months and my claim has now just been assigned a case manager. I thought from claim submission to check delivery was 6 to eight weeks. Anyway I was told I'd see a check in 4 to 6 weeks so now I'm looking at mid to late September early October for a process stared in May. Last week I check the claims webpage and it said my check has been mailed. So I figure end of the week or first part of this week. That's when I found this site and you good folks. Looks like I'll be lucky to see a check by the end of September. That's BS, Don't tell people they have a $3100 check in the mail if that isn't the case. How many of you cancelled planned trips waiting for this check. I don't need the money for a trip I just feel uncomfortable leave the house for x number of days knowing that a large check is just sitting in my mail box. Not impressed with this fiasco. I'm sure I'll see it sooner or later but seriously, how hard can it be?

needgeech

Aug 30, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I submitted my claim on June 13th. . .CS said I have not been assigned a case manager yet. . .

Gunner

Sep 10, 2019
Truck Year
I submitted my claim on June 13th. . .CS said I have not been assigned a case manager yet. . .
Submitted all my stuff on 16 May didn't get assigned a case manager until mid August. 12 weeks. That's is unsatisfactory. ECOdiesel settlement has stated that 6 to 8 weeks from claim submission to check mailing. Received notification at their website last week that my check is in the mail. From what I gather reading posts from this site that check mailed notification is BS. Still takes another 4 to 6 weeks to see a check from FCA. I guess the say that at their website so they look like they are meeting their 6 to 8 week window. I'm coming up on 4 months since my claim was submitted. FCA is as slow as U.S. Government when they owe you money.

Jkmeno

Sep 17, 2019
Truck Year
Has anyone received a check yet? I submitted my paperwork and my dealership verified on June 16 that I did engine update. Still nothing. Calling them goes no where. Finally emailed them from the email address they sent me. This is ridiculous.

American Tim

Aug 28, 2019
Truck Year
After two weeks in the dealer shop waiting for the new EGR cooler to get installed, finally got the truck back last Friday night. Traded it in Saturday morning. Who knows what’s going to happen to my claim, but I at least have a truck I can depend on now.

swordfish

Nov 15, 2015
Truck Year
jumped through all their hoops, got it flashed, sent in all the docs on line, and then traded it in on a 2500 longhorn Cummins, tow rating 17000lbs,getting 22mpg (13mpg towing) not bad. lost all confidence with the Italian stallion, if this had not happened i would have kept it. whats with these European engines? vw now fiat?

Jkmeno

Sep 17, 2019
Truck Year
As soon as I got the software updated, I went on vacation and my Turbo pipe blew off. Cost me $1800 to get it fixed because the local dodge dealership said they wouldn’t be able to look at it for 5 days. WTF. I was on vacation and couldn’t wait. Finally got the info on trying to submit a claim to get reimbursed.

Traded in the Italian disappointment and went back to Hemi. The 2019 Ram 1500 Lonestar Off-road 4x4. Love the redesign.

Jkmeno

Sep 17, 2019
Truck Year
Submitted all my stuff on 16 May didn't get assigned a case manager until mid August. 12 weeks. That's is unsatisfactory. ECOdiesel settlement has stated that 6 to 8 weeks from claim submission to check mailing. Received notification at their website last week that my check is in the mail. From what I gather reading posts from this site that check mailed notification is BS. Still takes another 4 to 6 weeks to see a check from FCA. I guess the say that at their website so they look like they are meeting their 6 to 8 week window. I'm coming up on 4 months since my claim was submitted. FCA is as slow as U.S. Government when they owe you money.
I asked my dealership and my salesman owned 2 diesels. He said they told him November and he turned in his paperwork in June as well.

TxPat

Sep 19, 2019
Truck Year
I filed my claim in May, then 4 months later they contact me that my registration is expired. So I send them the renewed registration from August and 3 weeks and 4 phone calls later my "case manager" said everything looks in order, we will be sending you an email with the forms I need to have notarized etc. The email came saying my claim was incomplete because they need my decal sticker? Whatever that means. I'm sick of all of this mess, truck runs bad since having the recall work done, thinking of getting rid of it and wash my hands of it all.

needgeech

Aug 30, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I asked my dealership and my salesman owned 2 diesels. He said they told him November and he turned in his paperwork in June as well.
No offense, but this is not run by FCA. So how does your dealer, dealing with the same redemption fiasco, have any better info than anyone else? Too boot, they are car salesman. They live for "normalizing" ridiculous delays such as this or any other "bad" news such as the engine and tranny now run differently--to the worse.

American Tim

Aug 28, 2019
Truck Year
I filed my claim in May, then 4 months later they contact me that my registration is expired. So I send them the renewed registration from August and 3 weeks and 4 phone calls later my "case manager" said everything looks in order, we will be sending you an email with the forms I need to have notarized etc. The email came saying my claim was incomplete because they need my decal sticker? Whatever that means. I'm sick of all of this mess, truck runs bad since having the recall work done, thinking of getting rid of it and wash my hands of it all.

That sucks. I’m 2 months into my “waiting for the website to update status”. I traded in my ‘16 Limited after I got it back from the dealer service dept for the second major problem under the hood in a 3 week timespan. Who knows what will happen whenever they get around to looking at my claim, but, I’m not worried about my new Tundra leaving me on the side of the road, that’s for sure.