• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Reported problems on the EcoDiesel

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I want to bring up a reminder.. most people that are on forums are here because:

A: They have a problem
B: They just want to learn about their new truck..

With that said, people don't just join to post I have a new EcoDiesel with NO problems (Yes, some do... but most don't)! We always hear the "Bad, and not the "Good".

Just something to think about as the forum grows and we learn more about our new trucks! :)

bill-e

May 2, 2015
Truck Year
I have a new EcoDiesel with NO problems :)

utdiesel

Mar 12, 2015
Truck Year
No problems. The truck rides well and has plenty of power, it's been a great truck so far.

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
I want to bring up a reminder.. most people that are on forums are here because:

A: They have a problem
B: They just want to learn about their new truck..

With that said, people don't just join to post I have a new EcoDiesel with NO problems (Yes, some do... but most don't)! We always hear the "Bad, and not the "Good".

Just something to think about as the forum grows and we learn more about our new trucks! :)
No probs here as well. However your right most of the Internet is used as a social bitch session sometimes. I have read about "limp mode" problems and "regen issues". With only 1k on the odometer though, it's been smooth sailing!

rkilpa

Sep 7, 2015
Truck Year
Yeah I bought mine Aug 31, 2015 and joined within a day or two. I was so shocked to see nothing but problems. I was afraid I had really screwed up buying this truck. I've owned several dodge pickups over the years and had excellent service from each on of them. When I started doing research for a truck to pull my new Travel Trailer, I read about the Ecodiesel and it was a perfect match for what I needed. 1445 miles and NO problems so far, hope it continues. Of coarse it is easy for anyone to write anything on a forum...

I do love this truck !

I haven't pulled much with this truck, but the dealer gave me a Demo truck to try out with my trailer, I pulled my trailer about 100 miles that afternoon. It was like the trailer wasn't even there.
IMG_0171.JPG

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Yeah I bought mine Aug 31, 2015 and joined within a day or two. I was so shocked to see nothing but problems. I was afraid I had really screwed up buying this truck. I've owned several dodge pickups over the years and had excellent service from each on of them. When I started doing research for a truck to pull my new Travel Trailer, I read about the Ecodiesel and it was a perfect match for what I needed. 1445 miles and NO problems so far, hope it continues. Of coarse it is easy for anyone to write anything on a forum...

I do love this truck !

I haven't pulled much with this truck, but the dealer gave me a Demo truck to try out with my trailer, I pulled my trailer about 100 miles that afternoon. It was like the trailer wasn't even there.
View attachment 324
Welcome! Great looking truck..

Cliffy

Aug 16, 2015
Truck Year
I have had mine since the end of July. Almost 14000 Km's on it. My overall average fuel consumption so far is 9.05 L/100 km.

I did hear of problems, and my salesman even mentioned the problems himself. But he said what seems to echo on here. If you have a big commute you might be better off.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
9000 trouble free and awesome miles, 2015 CCSB 4wd BigHorn.

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
I broke my flexplate on Friday @ 147500 miles. But it was most likely my fault since I turned my banks bullet up to sport this week. Which is when it started grinding. Zf is right about their tourque limits. Radiator, thermostat, tires and shocks were the only other things ever replaced.

ZMan079

Aug 10, 2015
Truck Year
I'm currently sitting just at about 3k miles, I love my truck, and I'm consistently impressed with how smooth it is and how responsive it is to the throttle... While my 06 MegaCab had no issue pulling, it pulled differently. If I was in the throttle no prob, but if RPM's dropped, big downshift and then high RPM's. I would always let those RPM's level off and keep it in torque range. With ED, it drops unnoticeably into 7th or 6th, and just keeps going....

I've only had a few minor fit and finish issues and the dealer was very responsive to take care of them..

My buddy has a 14 GJC with ED, just had SCR replaced at 7500 miles. One thing he shared with me that his dealer suggested was to replace fuel filter at 15k as opposed to 30k. Apparently, they have been seeing some very dirty ones and said it was causing lean conditions when they start getting clogged.

ZMan079

PS:
rkilpa,
good looking truck, def like that color....

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Fuel filters are the life of these newer and "not so forgiving" fuel systems. Changing every 15K is not a bad idea at all. That's my target mark.

JSchneib

Oct 20, 2015
Truck Year
Hi all. Glad to hear so many people are not having issues. I picked up my new (2015) ecodiesel on Saturday and the problems started Sunday with 72 miles on the truck. Typical problems with the P0299 and U1424 codes. Back at the dealer today with a reflash for the pcm and tcm. Not here to complain. Love the truck, disappointed to have a problem right away. Hopefully it is fixed and my wife learns to trust it before we head out next spring with our travel trailer. Will post updates with how it goes. Thanks for being here!

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hi all. Glad to hear so many people are not having issues. I picked up my new (2015) ecodiesel on Saturday and the problems started Sunday with 72 miles on the truck. Typical problems with the P0299 and U1424 codes. Back at the dealer today with a reflash for the pcm and tcm. Not here to complain. Love the truck, disappointed to have a problem right away. Hopefully it is fixed and my wife learns to trust it before we head out next spring with our travel trailer. Will post updates with how it goes. Thanks for being here!

Welcome!

That's some tough luck for sure. :(

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Just drive it. Work it. Fuel it up. Wash it on occasion. And change the oil. :)

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Update: problem fixed! Dealer found torn oring on boost pressure sensor. That and the reflashes on both the pcm and tcm have the truck running great!

Great to hear.. stick around and keep us updated!