• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

The U.S. officially sues FCA over EcoDiesel emissions.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-fiat-chrysler-emissions-idUSKBN18J28F

The U.S. government filed a civil lawsuit Tuesday accusing Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV (FCHA.MI) of illegally using software to bypass emission controls in 104,000 diesel vehicles sold since 2014.

The U.S. Justice Department lawsuit, filed in U.S. District court in Detroit, is a procedural step that may ramp up pressure on Fiat Chrysler and comes amid growing scrutiny of diesels by regulators around the world.

Mike Smith

May 23, 2017
Truck Year
These 1/2 ton trucks are better on fuel then any other 1/2 ton truck.
Yet they still feel the need to sue over petty little shit! Sounds like the big oil companies might be behind this for Not burning enough fuel. What a joke.

Mike Smith

May 23, 2017
Truck Year
The idiots should be Suing the other manufacturers for still Not having a 1/2 ton truck that competes with FCAs EcoDiesels emissions and fuel economy. This has to be some kind of sick joke. What a load of crap.

James Briggs

Jul 31, 2016
Truck Year
These engines are the biggest piece of crap on the market. I purchased one in July of 2014. In 2 years the engine needed replaced. 21,000 miles on it. I no longer own it. My coworker got one a month after me. Has since filed lemon law on it. His neighbor purchased one and the engine went and he no longer owns it. Fiat Chrysler should be thanking the feds for not allowing them to sell these scrap piles to unsuspecting Americans, who are expecting to get a trouble free engine.

Sandy

Feb 6, 2017
Truck Year
These engines are the biggest piece of crap on the market. I purchased one in July of 2014. In 2 years the engine needed replaced. 21,000 miles on it. I no longer own it. My coworker got one a month after me. Has since filed lemon law on it. His neighbor purchased one and the engine went and he no longer owns it. Fiat Chrysler should be thanking the feds for not allowing them to sell these scrap piles to unsuspecting Americans, who are expecting to get a trouble free engine.

Sandy

Feb 6, 2017
Truck Year
The engine you are referring to is rated one of the finest of its kind in the world, and from reading many forums about the ecodiesel, there are relatively few stories of engine failures...certainly no more than any other vehicles....It's very unfortunate that there are any failures...It would be helpful if you could tell us how the warranty service was, and if the vehicle preformed well afterwords, rather than making blanket statements, that all of the engines are crap....

Keith B Howard

Mar 6, 2016
Truck Year
I still have had no problems with mine 54000 miles & going strong . 2014 bought ecodiesel guess someone has to get a lemon . I've seen many of them going down the road & Nobody I have met has had problems.

Reactions: Lou

Rick Dushion

Sep 18, 2016
Truck Year
I still have had no problems with mine 54000 miles & going strong . 2014 bought ecodiesel guess someone has to get a lemon . I've seen many of them going down the road & Nobody I have met has had problems.
I have almost 82000 and it's not even 2 years old yet. The only problem I have had is the throttle control sensor has popped up 5 or 6 times. Each time they claim it was something different that triggered it so I doubt I could get a lemon law. Tomorrow it goes in the shop for the same thing this time being the turbo.

issanni

Sep 26, 2016
Truck Year
I have a 2015 that I bought in August 2016 brand new with 2 miles on it. It now has over 22k miles on it in less than a year. I've towed trailers with it upwards of 7-8k lbs as recently as last week. And towing for 5-6 hours straight over 350-400 miles. I've had zero issues. I immediately switched oil to 5w40 T6 at around 2000 miles and haven't looked back. We'll see what the outcome of this lawsuit is I suppose. I think if the offer of a buyback comes around I'm not sure what I'll do, maybe upgrade to a 2500.

patricedufresne

Mar 21, 2017
Truck Year

Taylorsebastian

May 22, 2017
Truck Year
I have a 2014, 59,000 km on it... only issue so far is occasionally it will develop a miss in the idle range. I have had it in to be looked at and scanned and no fixes or firm diagnosis. The dealer has however made mention of a service bulletin describing this condition... anyone else seen this? I haven't been able to locate the SB

Otter5

Aug 5, 2016
Truck Year
THIS IS B### S###. You can tell the gas company are behind this. The exhaust line on my John deere tractor is no longer than a foot! Are they going to sue John Deere as well. The truth is...the government gets a ton of money from taxes on gasoline. They will do anything to ban more efficient diesel engines, so people are forced to buy the trucks running on gasoline.
I'm willing to bet the exhaust line on a 2017 John Deere is longer than a foot. What year's yours? But this is Bull SH%%. I changed my soot laden ecodiesel oil, then gave it to my buddy to burn in his waste oil furnace. Up his chimney, not out my tailpipe. Joke.

attkrbbt

Nov 21, 2016
Truck Year
The engine you are referring to is rated one of the finest of its kind in the world, and from reading many forums about the ecodiesel, there are relatively few stories of engine failures...certainly no more than any other vehicles....It's very unfortunate that there are any failures...It would be helpful if you could tell us how the warranty service was, and if the vehicle preformed well afterwords, rather than making blanket statements, that all of the engines are crap....
Well....my 2016 eco diesel had a bearing failure at 12600 miles. Total replacement. The service department had it returned in 4 weeks. They said they were familiar with the problem.....What that says is, that this forum is not all that frequented by the owners, because there have been quite a few problems with these motors according to the folks that service them.

Douglas Ruszcyk

Jun 1, 2017
Truck Year

Amen!!!

At least someone joins me in agreement that there is a huge problem with these engines.

Its time for class action law suit against FCA

attkrbbt

Nov 21, 2016
Truck Year
Amen!!!

At least someone joins me in agreement that there is a huge problem with these engines.

Its time for class action law suit against FCA
I think Sandy, in a previous post, is a Fiat Chrysler troll.... Who would else would assume that these problems are not common, given the frequency of engine failures mentioned on this forum. And others.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I think Sandy, in a previous post, is a Fiat Chrysler troll.... Who would else would assume that these problems are not common, given the frequency of engine failures mentioned on this forum. And others.

The only problem is, most only come to forums to report issues. The ones that drive and enjoy their EcoDiesel's daily usually don't signup and/or post to report the good things.

Really, we have no way of knowing how many "fail".

attkrbbt

Nov 21, 2016
Truck Year
I guess that explains the familiarity of my service department with this issue...

Lou

Jan 31, 2016
Truck Year
To all the crybaby bashers, I've got 38,000 on my 2015 with an overall average of 23 an 1/2 mpg, no warranty issues what so ever on a mix of country roads paved and dirt, it has excellent acceleration a decent ride.I don't like my transfer case but thats not the motor which I have been pleased with so far I'll know better when it gets over a 100,000 seeing as how I usually turn over 200,000 before i get rid of a pickup.

attkrbbt

Nov 21, 2016
Truck Year
not a "crybaby basher", just brought up the fact that my experience has not been good with this engine. save your name calling for another forum......

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Inching eerily close to 50k miles. Truck is just over 2 years old by maybe a month. 2015 running factory tune, it's never been into the dealer beyond the first 2 weeks when there was a pinched sunroof drain line, oh and 2 alignments?

I'm not complaining.