• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Unhappy with Performance after Emissions Recall Update

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
I tried the pedal commander. While it seemed to increase throttle response at first, I realized it really wasn't much different when i floored the pedal. Still slow to go but then made the truck a bit squirrelly.
I am saving up for a GDE hot tune,I’m going to give that a try.

Jon.Silverson

Aug 12, 2019
Truck Year
I have the GDE hot tune and it has been AMAZING! No lag and MUCH better MPG. 15.3mpg in town before the tune to just over 20.

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
Nope and I’m not gonna. Lol!
Good for you, if I had to do it all over again I wouldn't do it either. FCA FOOLED a lot of people telling every one that their fuel mileage and performance would not change. If you believe that I will sell you some air.

bequianeo1

Jul 26, 2019
Truck Year
Regeneration is the term used to describe cleaning of the DPF
Diesel particulate filter
A diesel particulate filter (or DPF) is a device designed to remove diesel particulate matter or soot from the exhaust gas of a diesel engine. Wall-flow diesel particulate filters usually remove 85% or more of the soot, and under certain conditions can attain soot removal efficiencies approaching 100%. Some filters are single-use, intended for disposal an…
en.wikipedia.org
. During this process the ‘wet and sooty’ particulate matter is subjected to further combustion inside the DPF itself. Surface temperatures inside the DPF can exceed 600 Degrees Celsius
Degree Celsius
Celsius, historically known as centigrade, is a scale and unit of measurement for temperature. As an SI derived unit, it is used by most countries in the world. It is named after the Swedish astronomer Anders Celsius (1701–1744), who developed a similar temperature scale.
en.wikipedia.org
, at which point the soot turns into a hot white ash.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
What's a regen?

Regenerations (self Cleaning) of the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF)

Active (self-regeneration) = fuel is injected into the exhaust stroke strictly for the purpose of increasing exhaust gas temperatures (EGT's) to get to the temperature necessary to oxidize the carbon and burn the soot out of the diesel particulate filter (DPF). The DPF will get near 1200 degrees

Your truck will regenerate (active) when the DPF soot level reaches 65%. This will likely occur every 100-300 miles. You will only see the notice on the EVIC if the soot level reaches 80-90% due to uncompleted regens.

The stock tuning assumes that there is some small amount of residual soot and resets to that value (approx 9%) when the Active regen has run for the complete time duration.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Passive = the engine is working hard enough that the EGT's are hot enough to keep the regeneration of the DPF in process. There is no extra fuel burned.

Generally the EGT’s will not get hot enough for a passive regeneration at unloaded highway speeds. The EGT’s can reach passive temps when towing, carrying a full load, or driving hard.

ramraiders

Jul 14, 2019
Truck Year
Hasn't happened to me. but after the AEM update if I open my door while in drive or reverse. It stops moving and wont move again until I shut the door and put it in park then into gear.
Same here. I noticed that after the tune as well. I some times open the door up when i am backing up my trailer to see what is around me. I did that after the tune and the truck stopped. same issue.

ramraiders

Jul 14, 2019
Truck Year
FCA sucks. i do love the truck but they had to f with it. Not sure if i would buy another American car after this issue. I bought American because it is the right thing to do as a patriot. If they do not make this right i am done.

JohnnyMac

May 19, 2019
Truck Year
Same here. I noticed that after the tune as well. I some times open the door up when i am backing up my trailer to see what is around me. I did that after the tune and the truck stopped. same issue.

I'm pretty sure that's a whole different recall (see U53 I think?). They may have done it at the same time as the AEM. It's supposed to save people from themselves. It puts the vehicle into park so you don't fall out and run yourself over.....Check to see if your seat belt is fastened when it occurs. I've read that a work-around is to simply connect the seat belt behind your back when/if you need to back up with the door open but I'm not 100% sure.

John

Nov 13, 2015

U07 Recall - 8 speed rotary shifter

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
U07 Recall - 8 speed rotary shifter
John,
I believe it's the U074 Auto Park safety recall. It was a separate recall but has been canceled and incorporated with the AEM flash. We think too many were declining the U74 which leaves a giant liability problem as there has been death where a person got out of the truck while backing and truck rolled over him. So FCA made it part of the AEM where it can't be declined.

John

Nov 13, 2015
I didn't get it with the AEM and it still shows up as U07 when I sign-in to the Ram site. Maybe it's different for different years.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 08-16-19 at 10.35 AM.PNG
    Screen Shot 08-16-19 at 10.35 AM.PNG
    47.8 KB · Views: 3

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
John,
Sorry, brain fart, yes, it is the U07 (U74 is tailgate fix).
Interesting that you still have it listed separately. My 2016 was listed separately, then removed and the dealer didn't know why. Since then several people getting the AEM have reported (unhappily) that it was part of the AEM. One reporter thought his tranny was failing, had no idea about the U07. Many of us have assumed it was incorporated with the AEM. I am waiting until the end to get the AEM so I cannot say.
FCA sure knows how to keep me confused.

John

Nov 13, 2015
I'm puzzled too. The recall notice for my truck on the Ram site went away for a while and now it's back.

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
I'm pretty sure that's a whole different recall (see U53 I think?). They may have done it at the same time as the AEM. It's supposed to save people from themselves. It puts the vehicle into park so you don't fall out and run yourself over.....Check to see if your seat belt is fastened when it occurs. I've read that a work-around is to simply connect the seat belt behind your back when/if you need to back up with the door open but I'm not 100% sure.
This is true. My dealer included a document that explained it; I noticed it right away in the same scenario - backing my trailer up with the door open, or just stepping in to back it up two more inches closer to the hitch.... You can't do it with the door open. New safety feature, but it's a pain. :|