• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Who has a 2020 eco? Any issues yet?

FL Ram Eco Diesel

Apr 7, 2020
Truck Year
I haven't driven much with Corona around... I only have about 250 miles on the truck. I don't see the kind of lag you are talking. Some Yes but only maybe 1 sec. I guess I will report with more miles what I see for lag.ram  2mp.jpg

RRL3165

Nov 12, 2019
Truck Year
How many miles does your truck have on it,
I had 638. I found a guy on car complaints.com that only had 550? 5 something. I took it in, they checked it ran tests and of course found nothing. So far it only does it at slow speeds. Did has not done it in almost a week but today did it 3 times. Haven't even made my first payment yet. Tempted to lemon law it. I love it but unsure if that i something I want to deal with. You have a vehicle that stickers above 70K and you should not have to deal with it. Well, I feel like anyway.. Still trying to figure out what to do.

RRL3165

Nov 12, 2019
Truck Year
I feel like I need to respond and possibly retract my complaint. You have to understand that this never happened in my 2014 untill I had the update so I had assumed it was a problem. In all the times my other truck was at the shop because of acceleration lag after the update Not one freaking person mentioned it could just be turbo lag in which I am still figuring out and playing with when i drive (starting last night). I will update later but feel i should make another post and ask some questions in a different place instead of hijacking this one.
Thanks!

dieseljoe_81

May 8, 2020
Truck Year
I've got a 2020. At 638 miles the check engine light came on. Took it to the dealership. There's a currently injector issue affecting some trucks and software issue, also a windshield wiper recall. FCA has a team and POC that's dealing with the injector/software issue. Some trucks are throwing Cylinder Injector Timing codes that are coming from loose or faulty injectors and some truck are throwing the codes due to software issues. FCA has a data logging process that is just insane. Get up to 55mpg and go to 40mpg at 0% throttle and repeat 25 times. Go back, pull the data. Depending on the data, it's replace the injector or it's a software update to fix the issue. In my case, it's software. Which per rep at dealer the software update is still 2 months out. My truck can't be fixed till the POC at FCA gets all the data he wants and gives the greenlight. Since there's no software update, my truck has been at the dealership a week and I've been in a loaner. I'm waiting on the POC to decide what to do.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The solenoids on EMHPCR injectors is a big part of why they are so Spendee $$$$$... I have never been a fan of CAL Codes, it absolutely makes it much more difficult when problems arise, Commercial Engines are more lethal, Some Commercial Injectors cost over $1000.00+ US.

Mxvet0354

Apr 20, 2020
Truck Year
2020 Bighorn Off-road Sport package with 280 miles. Oil leak from upper oil pan at 35 miles. Finally got it back yesterday and it is all fixed for now. I came from a Ford F250 diesel and am really enjoying this truck so far. Hopefully that's my bad luck out of the way early. I have had no lag or software/throttle response issues at all so far, it actually is quite responsive in comparison to the Ford.

Mxvet0354

Apr 20, 2020
Truck Year
Update on my 2020 with less than 300 miles on it. Dealer called today and it needs a new motor, problem with the block. Going later this week to see in person.

RRL3165

Nov 12, 2019
Truck Year
How many miles does your truck have on it,
I now have 3050, i have figured out through my son that says it's turbo lag. If you let off the gas and coast a sec before changing lanes or something it takes a sec for the exhaust to get built back up in the turbo... so he says.. his words were drive it like ya stole it, gas on it. It still does it, probably won't ever give off a code because of that. I am also, now at this point not sure if i am liking the suspension, it's soft, soft enough it leans when cornering, something that my old truck, also a limited, didn't do till about 6 years or so. They added 4"? to the back seat which takes away from the bed. I never thought anything of that until I went to pick something up (that I had done before) and was about 3 or 4" short in getting the tailgate shut. :-/ Guess i'll have to get used to all the new quirks.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
If you drive the 3.0 like you stole it, It will create Soot, at some point costing $1000s to repair ,plus you will be adding Active Regens equaling less Mileage. With DSL you do NOT have gas pedal, its the Go pedal or AP, APPS.

DSL need to be roll into, Dart driving is for gas engine's. Dart Driving will just suck up your wallet in repairs and less Mileage just learn the engine power curve and adjust.

The beds sizes are still the same 6.4 is LB 5.7 is SB.

If its limited with Air you have two options Aero - Normal at speeds above 30 MPH.

bill-e

May 2, 2015
Truck Year
I have 200mi on my 2020 Limited and it runs great as compared to my 2015. Heading out camping tomorrow so I'l let you know how that goes.

2020-front-August 15, 2020-29sm.jpg

Attachments

• 2020-front2-August 15, 2020-29sm.jpg
    2020-front2-August 15, 2020-29sm.jpg
    550.5 KB · Views: 4

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Bill-e the 2019+ ride comfort and handling , plus Tailgate is a why its so appealing. My 2019 is My 2nd painted Front/Rear bumper's NEVER again, I want Chrome from NOW on, Around here dropping the Suspension to entry exit and drive requires to watch out for the curbs or you will tear off the lower bumper air defector.

bill-e

May 2, 2015
Truck Year
So I did a 200 mi round trip towing my 7k+ camper loaded for dry camping and 7 long guns, 6 revolvers and a ton of ammo for a shooting match, The rifles were in the back seat and the bed contained a grill, 2 generators, 5 gal of gas, and a gun cart so it was moderately loaded. Towing was smooth and steady. I set the cruise for 62mph. Mileage was 13.9 which is coincidentally exactly what I used to get with my '15 before replacing he SRA's.

I think the 3.92 gearing made some difference but this wasn't a challenging route and it seems that it towed about the same as my '15 when new. The post-AEM mileage on the '15 was between 10 and 11mpg and even after the VA7 reflash the torque was not as it was prior so this was a pleasant upgrade.

I just swapped the WD hitch from my '15 and it seemed to work without adjustment.

Today I hope to wash the truck as the range was all sandy and that black, both inside and out, shows everything ;) I also received my replacement brackets so hopefully I can get my Gator Trax cover installed as well.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
My guess this MPG was LOM not HC?

ocn

Jun 12, 2016
Truck Year
I replaced my 2014 ED that was north of 235000 miles with a 2020 Laramie ED. The new truck is better in many ways. Just shy of 10000 miles now and zero issues so far. Headlights are vastly improved over previous truck. Overall performance is equal or better. I'm guessing overall fuel economy is up a bit. So far average is about 22.5 mpg, with far more low speed around town stuff thanks to virus mess and revised work schedule than I did with the 2014. Life time average with the 2014 was a touch over 22 mpg with about 50000 miles towing.

Towing my enclosed car trailer which checks in at about 8300 lbs, fuel economy has been 14-16 mpg, a touch better than the 2014 going as fast or a touch faster. Not sure I like the new center console storage as well since it really is not a fully enclose bin. If you don't cover the gap between bed and tailgate, stuff will get inside the tailgate as there are large open holes in bottom of tail gate. I had to pull tailgate off to get pea gravel out of it after hauling and unloading a batch of gravel.

bill-e

May 2, 2015
Truck Year
My guess this MPG was LOM not HC?
Yes, this time it was off the EVIC but my experience with the '15 is that it was very accurate within a few tenths. I record every fuel up on Fuelly so that every tank is hand calculated.

I have gotten 16mpg towing this trailer on back country roads at low speeds but driving the hilly New England roads at speed my '15 settled into the 13's until I put Michelin's on it and then the AEM which dropped it down to 10-11.

This truck came with Dueler's which I heard good things about, we'll see.

bill-e

May 2, 2015
Truck Year
Yes I know pics are upside down. Tried 6 different times still come out like that. Finally got my new 2020 Gen 3 that I ordered in January. Hands down much better than my 2015 and I had no issues with that and only did the aem 3 days before trade in. Ride and throttle response 100% better than my previous truck. The only thing I’m not happy with was the price but stepped up from big horn to Laramie. Even kept the 6 passenger seat which baffled my salesman but I use it. Hopefully someone will make a tune and delete for it before everything gets shut down. My edge monitor does not seem to work with this truck. Will try to update the software on it.
My edge only works on a subset of the PID's in the 2020. I updated it and no better.

Torque Pro However works fine.

torquegauges7.png

jpap2418

Mar 3, 2016
Truck Year
My 2020 has just cleared 5k miles. Unfortunately not too much driving this summer but it’s hands down nicer than my 2015. My mileage is down slightly towing my pontoon boat. 2015 with 3.55s and GDE tune was at 15-16 h/c mpg. This truck with 3.92 down to 12-13. Hoping someone come out with a good tune soon. My edge doesn’t work with it also, only a few functions. I miss knowing where the dpf% is at. Will be looking for a monitor that works and maybe put the edge up for sale. Has anyone tried the alpha programmer on the 3rd gens. Will they work or be blocked like the edge? Just did the first oil change also. Lousy spot for drain plug. Installed the fumoto valve for future use. Oil was black and sooty. My 2015 had pretty clean oil with the GDE tune. Knock on wood all good otherwise.