• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Who has a 2020 eco? Any issues yet?

Tee2020

Nov 5, 2016
Truck Year
Yes, I ordered a 2020 ecodiesel limited and received on 12/23/19. And yes she has issues. It was a custom order and here are my issues.
1. engine vibration in accelerator pedal and steering between 1900 to 2500 rpm under acceleration. No Fix yet but acknowledged the issue. The dealer rented a vibration meter and told me it was because of the HD frame. Yes I am not kidding.
2. Fuel mileage not as advertised. 17-18 city never 21 unless you add in 50% highway driving. Highway averages 25 which is good but not close to 29. and if you go faster than 70 she will go down to 24. and I have the high gears 3:31.
3. Been in the shop for a ram box that kept on opening after closing the door. replaced computer and fixed.
4. Was just in the shop with a blown front passenger air spring with 10K miles on it. Took dealer 2 weeks to fix because part was not readily available.
5. They are going to replace a rambox cover because the sun is already twisting it, Its plastic. Ram you need to press those covers out of aluminum or steel.
6. I have a nice factory dent which the dealer is going to fix. see photo. Not fixed yet.

The dealer has been good so I don't fault them.

Bay Dodge Ram Panama City, FL

Would I buy her again? Definitely not this one. Go with gas and coil springs because the vehicle is undriveable with a blown air bag. Ram can pretend the vibration isnt there but it is. and for the 5K diesel adder and all of the potential emission issues and costs associated with that go gas. Sorry Ram it is what it is. If you want to make it right call me.View attachment 3135
I have a 2020 20k no issues just took a road trip from Fl to north TX area cruised 75-100 love i do get sluggish once in awhile but drop in hot shots cleans it up mileage comes right back up

SLT

Mar 28, 2016
Truck Year
I ordered a 2021 Bighorn in the later part of 2020 and received it in March 2021. Only have 1950 Km on it so far, but I'm
going on a longer Trip on Friday. I will report more when I get back.
So far, I like it better than my 2016. Better Power and better Transmission Tune. Holding the Gears better on the Hills and
better Mileage.

biodiesel

Nov 24, 2020
Truck Year
We've done several thousand miles of towing. I've got a few soft codes that I need to chase down, but so far, the check engine light hasn't come on. I've towed through New Mexico, Arizona, California, Nevada, and Utah. We're about to tow the RV through the panhandle of Texas, panhandle of Oklahoma, and to Kansas. Then we'll be towing up to Chicago area and down to the Ozarks in Missouri, then down to Arkansas and back through Oklahoma, Texas, and New Mexico.

tiHgEOf.jpg

biodiesel

Nov 24, 2020
Truck Year
Up to Chicago area....Stay the heck out of Chicago.

Well, to be more specific, it will be in the Naperville area. We're visiting my wife's grandmother. I hope that Lou Malnati's Pizza makes up for it. ;)

DownSouth

Aug 8, 2021
Truck Year
Picked up my 2021 a week ago and at 237 miles (one week later) got a check engine light (P2297-00). Obtained the code indicating a potential O2 sensor issue, called dealer service manager, dealer said drive it for 75 to 100 miles to see if it clears. If not, call him back on Monday and will get it in to fix it.

Other than that, it's been a great first week. I previously owned 2015 and a 2016 Ecodiesels and this 2021 is a very nice ride. I've owned Rams back to the 1980's and every one of them has a short shake out period to get any squeaks, clunks, or other issues worked out and this is one of them. Thus far I'm very happy with my purchase.

Update: 71 mile trip and the check engine light cleared just as the Service Manager said it would do. No other problems or issues, fantastic mileage and a pleasure to drive.

Last edited:

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
So is Minneapolis, Just overlook the burned and boarded up Buildings , empty lots The Shootings, Crime , the moral and disgusting actions that surround the greater parts of lakes and parks ( Mpls is known as the city of lakes) The music that is played at the town festivals are rooted in depraved and un-canny power. The only two areas in Mpls that are nice and clean Nokomis and Diamond lake. Most of the museums displays I have 0 interest in.

As I type this I'm at our cabin in West Yellowstone and Yesterday We went in the Back Country wild game areas, I chest mounted My 10mm with two percussion grenades for wild life Protection, Before we entered the back country Wife wanted to stop at the Rendezvous festival I lost count on the how many people commented Me for being prepare, afterwards we went into Town ( West Yellowstone) for Ice cream the walkways were crowded and again No trouble and two passer byes stopped and admired My setup and were complementary on being prepared.

So Chicago May have areas like Nikomis and Diamond lake, But as a whole I don't care for the risk inherited when you visit City that are laden with crime ,Violence and the depravity that surrounds city like Chicago and Mpls.

DownSouth

Aug 8, 2021
Truck Year
Picked up my 2021 a week ago and at 237 miles (one week later) got a check engine light (P2297-00). Obtained the code indicating a potential O2 sensor issue, called dealer service manager, dealer said drive it for 75 to 100 miles to see if it clears. If not, call him back on Monday and will get it in to fix it.

Other than that, it's been a great first week. I previously owned 2015 and a 2016 Ecodiesels and this 2021 is a very nice ride. I've owned Rams back to the 1980's and every one of them has a short shake out period to get any squeaks, clunks, or other issues worked out and this is one of them. Thus far I'm very happy with my purchase.

Update: 71 mile trip and the check engine light cleared just as the Service Manager said it would do. No other problems or issues, fantastic mileage and a pleasure to drive.
Well, due to working from home my 21 ED sits in the driveway all week so I went for a sixty mile drive yesterday. While pulling off at a off ramp the P2297-00 CEL returned (I pulled over and checked it with my OBDLink MX+ which I also utilize to monitor regens, soot mass, exhaust gas temps, etc.). I cleared it with the MX+ only to see it come back on about an hour later when pulling back into my neighborhood. It comes on only when decelerating. Will be making an appointment to get it checked out by the dealer - I hate taking any truck to a dealer as you never know the competency or how long it will take or if it will come back to you worse than it was. I've checked the exhaust to make sure it was all tight, checked all the electrical connections to make sure they are all snug, performed a cursory review of the wiring to ensure it isn't pinched, cut or compromised but nothing. Other than this the truck has been flawless.

jpap2418

Mar 3, 2016
Truck Year
Well, due to working from home my 21 ED sits in the driveway all week so I went for a sixty mile drive yesterday. While pulling off at a off ramp the P2297-00 CEL returned (I pulled over and checked it with my OBDLink MX+ which I also utilize to monitor regens, soot mass, exhaust gas temps, etc.). I cleared it with the MX+ only to see it come back on about an hour later when pulling back into my neighborhood. It comes on only when decelerating. Will be making an appointment to get it checked out by the dealer - I hate taking any truck to a dealer as you never know the competency or how long it will take or if it will come back to you worse than it was. I've checked the exhaust to make sure it was all tight, checked all the electrical connections to make sure they are all snug, performed a cursory review of the wiring to ensure it isn't pinched, cut or compromised but nothing. Other than this the truck has been flawless.
What app do you use with your MX+?

DownSouth

Aug 8, 2021
Truck Year
What app do you use with your MX+?
I'm using the OBDLink app that came with the MX+ that once you input the Year/Make/Model/Engine it automatically downloads the specific software for the Ecodiesel.

I also purchased a phone mount that puts the phone almost on level with the cluster. Having it down in the cubby area where the factory phone mount is under the radio stack is just too far down and takes my eyes off the road. With this mount it is level with the cluster and an eyeshot from my factory HUD (heads up display).

See the attached pic of my screen

Attachments

• OBDLink MX+ Ecodiesel.png
    OBDLink MX+ Ecodiesel.png
    181.8 KB · Views: 3

biodiesel

Nov 24, 2020
Truck Year
I'm using the OBDLink app that came with the MX+ that once you input the Year/Make/Model/Engine it automatically downloads the specific software for the Ecodiesel.

Does it pull all the same data that the Banks iDash DataMonster does?

DownSouth

Aug 8, 2021
Truck Year
Banks iDash DataMonster
I see the Banks Data Monster costs $419? I'm not familiar with it but can tell you the MX+ is 1/4 of the price at $99 and has well over fourty data points I can see/read at any given time. Plus, it clears CELs and runs diagnostics to let me know the error code. Through the years I've owned CTS2, CTS3 and ScanGauge II...this one does just as good of a job as any of those but at a lesser cost. I simply need data when I'm operating the truck...a simple dummy gauge would work fine if FCA was smart enough to include it (when it's in regen, soot mass, temps for cool down, etc. - simple).

biodiesel

Nov 24, 2020
Truck Year
I see the Banks Data Monster costs $419? I'm not familiar with it but can tell you the MX+ is 1/4 of the price at $99 and has well over fourty data points I can see/read at any given time. Plus, it clears CELs and runs diagnostics to let me know the error code. Through the years I've owned CTS2, CTS3 and ScanGauge II...this one does just as good of a job as any of those but at a lesser cost. I simply need data when I'm operating the truck...a simple dummy gauge would work fine if FCA was smart enough to include it (when it's in regen, soot mass, temps for cool down, etc. - simple).

For reference, here's what the iDash DataMonster will monitor. What data points does the iDash monitor that you wished your MX+ monitored?

http://docs.bankspower.com/bids/files/PID_2015_Ram_1500_Laramie_Longhorn_3_DOT_0L_V_112_E.html

robyd

Aug 30, 2021
Truck Year
2020 Gen 3 with 15,000 miles. Got Low oil pressure warning today leaving gas station. Drove 1/2 block and stopped. Called for a tow truck. After 3 hours wait for truck, started back up- normal oil pressure. Drove to dealer 10 miles away. He’s supposed to check it out in the morning. Fingers crossed

biodiesel

Nov 24, 2020
Truck Year
2020 Gen 3 with 15,000 miles. Got Low oil pressure warning today leaving gas station. Drove 1/2 block and stopped. Called for a tow truck. After 3 hours wait for truck, started back up- normal oil pressure. Drove to dealer 10 miles away. He’s supposed to check it out in the morning. Fingers crossed

Sorry to hear about the troubles. Hoping for a good outcome. Keep us posted.

robyd

Aug 30, 2021
Truck Year
My 2020 Laramie. At 25,000 miles had a fuel pressure sensor go bad. At 43,000 miles have a DPF sensor malfunction. Dealer says this is covered but only up to 50,000 miles.

Attachments

• 561E6F72-F070-4601-A220-723F74B94EA1.jpeg
    561E6F72-F070-4601-A220-723F74B94EA1.jpeg
    367.1 KB · Views: 1

biodiesel

Nov 24, 2020
Truck Year
My 2020 Laramie. At 25,000 miles had a fuel pressure sensor go bad. At 43,000 miles have a DPF sensor malfunction. Dealer says this is covered but only up to 50,000 miles.
I could be wrong, but I thought the DPF sensor was covered under the 5 year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty.

hankinpageaz

Sep 8, 2022
Truck Year
How many guys have a 3rd gen. Just ordered one will be trading in my problem free 2015 eco bighorn. Any issues yet?
I own a 2020 ecodiesel, now at 55,000 mi. I hear grinding noise at random when turning. Started around 20,000 mi., dealer said nothing wrong, It is getting more frequent. I need a fix to this.