Anyone had their ecodiesel catch on fire

• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Swgunn

Jan 15, 2019
Truck Year
If you figure out something you can do "ecodieselfire" let me know. I'm kinda in the same boat. I guess our insurance co. is going to have a investigation in a week or so. Sorry can't get over it, had to post my pic again.
To prevent this problem carry a fire extinguisher. LOL I did. Save the truck lost the engine. FCA claim no responsibility. Insurance paid the $19,000 repair with a used engine. Used engine came with a one-year warranty Parts Only. Now I have no labor warranty on my engine. The fire happened with only 59000 MIles on the truck. FCA should have replaced with a new engine.

ms14796

Apr 28, 2019
Truck Year
Update: finally got my truck back from the dealer after 30 days in shop. $7500 insurance repair. Replaced were all engine tunnel hardware, intake manifold, throttle body, wiring harness & fuel lines. Also the ECM/TCM was reflashed to meet EPA lawsuit. Now truck runs like a neutered Dog. No turbo boost at bottom end and transmission is constantly shifting into 7th or 6th gear trying to maintain 2500-3000 RPM while towing. This engine has always run between 8-7th gear with 4500lb trailer unless I'm pulling a very steep hill.
Still waiting for GM step up.

ms14796

Apr 28, 2019
Truck Year
On another note: checked with NHTSA and discovered about 30 engine tires related to this truck including my report.