• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Anyone had their ecodiesel catch on fire

Swgunn

Jan 15, 2019
Truck Year

Swgunn

Jan 15, 2019
Truck Year

Leo

Feb 14, 2019
Truck Year
Get this, I pulled the cover off and found a rat nest of cloth. One morning!!! I park away further from the shrubs on the side of my driveway! I thought to myself when I first saw it, glad that didn't get hot and ignite? Not sure if thats what happened here but let's put it this way No More Rat to be found!

PAzpeitia72

Mar 21, 2019
Truck Year
Has anyone had problems with 2015 Ram 1500 SLT Crew Cab 4x4? My Fuel pump blew up causing metal debris to go in fuel system. My husband is in construction and drives a lot and now the truck has 103433 mile which is 3000+ over warranty. We had taken the truck in on two occasions right before warranty was up, because of check engine light and the codes were not storing. Chrysler customer service is a joke they do not stand behind their products. I will never buy another Chrysler product again I would rather walk as I find myself anyways.

BRAD MILLER

Mar 22, 2017
Truck Year
Feel for your loss,but maybe the best thing to happen. Take what Insurance gives you and get a gas or Cummins!!!

ms14796

Apr 28, 2019
Truck Year
I just went through the same experience. 2015 Lone Star Dodge. I was pulling a 4000 lb toy hauler heading out on our first camping trip of the season. Got about 54 miles from home when my wife noticed white smoke coming from rear wheel. About that time the truck felt like I was running on the shoulder rumble strips before shutting down. Pulled way off road and popped hood looking for oil leak. I found a small fire burning around the center of the manifold. Extinguished the fire and tried to restart the engine. Kicked over but fuel was spraying out the fuel line. 3 hrs later camper back home and tow truck dropped vehicle off at local Dodge. They are very aware that im not fond of Chrysler. Can't wait until the new Duramax 3.0 is released. More power & torque. Supposed to be on sale May.

Swgunn

Jan 15, 2019
Truck Year
I just went through the same experience. 2015 Lone Star Dodge. I was pulling a 4000 lb toy hauler heading out on our first camping trip of the season. Got about 54 miles from home when my wife noticed white smoke coming from rear wheel. About that time the truck felt like I was running on the shoulder rumble strips before shutting down. Pulled way off road and popped hood looking for oil leak. I found a small fire burning around the center of the manifold. Extinguished the fire and tried to restart the engine. Kicked over but fuel was spraying out the fuel line. 3 hrs later camper back home and tow truck dropped vehicle off at local Dodge. They are very aware that im not fond of Chrysler. Can't wait until the new Duramax 3.0 is released. More power & torque. Supposed to be on sale May.

jfsok

Apr 29, 2019
Truck Year
On March 24th, 2019, my 4x4 ecodiesel (~97,000 miles) caught fire while pulling my boat back from Grand Lake. I was going roughly 55-60 mph when it suddenly lost power and smoke filling the cab. After stopping the truck, I was able to extinguish the fire. I utilized my insurance; towing and rental car needs. The insurance adjuster inspected my truck and stated, "minor burn." Therefore, I had my trucked towed to a local Ram dealer. I chosen this dealer because, they provide a loaner. Up until this point, my plan was to utilize my insurance. However, after about a week, I did receive a response to the cause of the fire form the dealership's diesel tech. He said that the cause of the fire was a fuel injector malfunction. After questioning the service department whether or not the injector is covered under warranty, I was told that the injector was covered. However, since a fire occurred, the dealership's regional manager told me that I had to go through "legal." Therefore, I had to call FC customer service and open a case regarding my situation (fire). As of today, the 29th of April, the FC Investigator has a scheduled appointment with the local dealer's service department for Wednesday, May 1st. Come to find out the investigator is hired out by FC to question me about the incident and take pictures of the engine and components damaged. Once complete the investigator sends the data collected to FC. The investigator informed me that in roughly 2 weeks after FC receives the incident data (questions and pictures), FC will either call me and/or send me a letter. If possible, I will keep this post updated as more information becomes available to me.

Swgunn

Jan 15, 2019
Truck Year
Jsfok been there done that. FCA sent the inspector out and he said 50 pages of computer data from computer they could find no fault responsible for FCA. They also said that they were sure that I would understand that sometimes fires happen.. so with only 59,000 miles, regular service and absolutely no problems FCA decided to put a used engine in my new truck and let my insurance pay for it. $17,000 thank God for insurance. I purchase the removed engine from my truck here is a video of what probably happened.

Attachments

• 0403191138_HDR.jpg
    0403191138_HDR.jpg
    415.5 KB · Views: 24

Swgunn

Jan 15, 2019
Truck Year
On March 24th, 2019, my 4x4 ecodiesel (~97,000 miles) caught fire while pulling my boat back from Grand Lake. I was going roughly 55-60 mph when it suddenly lost power and smoke filling the cab. After stopping the truck, I was able to extinguish the fire. I utilized my insurance; towing and rental car needs. The insurance adjuster inspected my truck and stated, "minor burn." Therefore, I had my trucked towed to a local Ram dealer. I chosen this dealer because, they provide a loaner. Up until this point, my plan was to utilize my insurance. However, after about a week, I did receive a response to the cause of the fire form the dealership's diesel tech. He said that the cause of the fire was a fuel injector malfunction. After questioning the service department whether or not the injector is covered under warranty, I was told that the injector was covered. However, since a fire occurred, the dealership's regional manager told me that I had to go through "legal." Therefore, I had to call FC customer service and open a case regarding my situation (fire). As of today, the 29th of April, the FC Investigator has a scheduled appointment with the local dealer's service department for Wednesday, May 1st. Come to find out the investigator is hired out by FC to question me about the incident and take pictures of the engine and components damaged. Once complete the investigator sends the data collected to FC. The investigator informed me that in roughly 2 weeks after FC receives the incident data (questions and pictures), FC will either call me and/or send me a letter. If possible, I will keep this post updated as more information becomes available to me.
Good luck!

Swgunn

Jan 15, 2019
Truck Year
Jsfok been there done that. FCA sent the inspector out and he said 50 pages of computer data from computer they could find no fault responsible for FCA. They also said that they were sure that I would understand that sometimes fires happen.. so with only 59,000 miles, regular service and absolutely no problems FCA decided to put a used engine in my new truck and let my insurance pay for it. $17,000 thank God for insurance. I purchase the removed engine from my truck here is a video of what probably happened.
I was lucky to have a fire extinguisher close by. I never leave home without my fire extinguisher now. LOL

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I would have left it burn then they could pay for a whole truck

Swgunn

Jan 15, 2019
Truck Year
Get this, I pulled the cover off and found a rat nest of cloth. One morning!!! I park away further from the shrubs on the side of my driveway! I thought to myself when I first saw it, glad that didn't get hot and ignite? Not sure if thats what happened here but let's put it this way No More Rat to be found!
I had no rat or squirrel problem just fire problems. Fire extinguisher saved the truck only required $17,000 insurance repair. FCA would accept no responsibility but could not tell me what caused the fire.
I would have left it burn then they could pay for a whole truck
Then who pays FCA or my insurance company?

jfsok

Apr 29, 2019
Truck Year

Thanks Swgunn for the reply. I am hopeful, however, I do live in reality.

Swgunn

Jan 15, 2019
Truck Year
No rats or squirrels in My Fire I have the engine out of the truck no signs of rats or squirrels had absolutely no problems with the truck loved it till the engine caught on fire.

Udi Auto trim

May 9, 2019
Truck Year
My 2016 ram 1500 ecodiesel caught on fire 2 days ago well I was driving on the highway at first I just lost power I stopped on the side of the road and smoke came out of my vents and from the hood soon as I got out of the car the hall front was already in flames
View attachment 20190506_161854_001.mp4