• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Anyone had their ecodiesel catch on fire

BRAD MILLER

Mar 22, 2017
Truck Year
Would like to know if anyone has had their ecodiesel catch on fire. We had a 2015 ecodiesel
until last Friday when the engine bay caught on fire. Last September we had the fuel system replaced.

On Friday I was pulling our tt when I noticed smoke between the truck and the tt. I thought it was from an 18 wheeler as it was blowing black exhaust. I came up to the exit on I20 when the check engine light came on. I pulled into a vacant parking lot when the battery low volts light came on then followed by the other indicators came on. I turned the engine off and pulled the hood latch, went to pull hood up and there was more smoke so I walked away without opening hood. I saw a flame between drivers front tyre and fender.

The truck has been written off. Chrysler is sending out an inspector to look at the truck. The inspector said the truck should not have caught on fire. Anyone had this issue?
Great inspector, no kidding the truck should not have caught fire!!!!

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Get rid of all the junk plastic and the foam from the top of the motor and it will slow the fire risk down

fxclm5

Mar 16, 2018
Truck Year
1% my ass, did you see the PDF emails between fca stating they were backlogged for like 2-300 engines per month for replacements, dunno how you still under impression this is normal

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
We r talking about fires not hot rodding the trucks and putting rods through the block

fxclm5

Mar 16, 2018
Truck Year
9Vk2NDC.jpg

fxclm5

Mar 16, 2018
Truck Year
i got like 9+ pages more of owners with fires and this was from 30 mins of searching, but what I do see a pattern is alot of the owners delete their posts afterwards, it must be like a insurance clause or something to eliminate publicly posting about it after insurance takes care of you, if you really want me to keep posting up the others I will

this is why i am puzzled we do not have a class action lawsuit already, 8 ppl reported the fuel pump on duramaxs after like 5+ years in use and they have a class action suit going........