• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EPA holding 2017 Diesels hostage

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
My sources/rumors are, its going to go down BAD for FCA, Theirs is NO distinction form 2014-17 3.0. So its possible that the EPA will demand backwards compatibility. Just like the 6.7 Dieselgate.

A another and yet Bigger problem is with new test methods it much more difficult for small displacement Diesel engines to meet the require standards.

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
Hope this doesn't affect the EcoDiesel too much, I knew the VW scandal would be an issue for all other manufacturers of small engines. I don't know anything about the 6.7 diselgate that TC is talking about, the diesel emissions game is going pretty poorly for the team that is for the compression ignition engines. I wish I could say that we haven't done some of this to ourselves.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Ram has to recall most of the 2500/3500 6.7 2013-15, and replace the entire SCR ,FCA is suing Cummins for 200+million

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
Ram has to recall most of the 2500/3500 6.7 2013-15, and replace the entire SCR ,FCA is suing Cummins for 200+million
That's not good news at all, I don't doubt what you're saying, but is there any paper trail yet, or is it word of mouth thus far?

Nevermind, took about 3 seconds and found a bunch of information. Not a good deal for two, the cummins has a pretty good reputation in light duty diesel pickups

6.73.0 ram

Aug 7, 2016
Truck Year
No recall information on my 2014 Cummins....yet. My scr was replaced under warranty. New cat with one sensor instead of two and a flash to ECM or whatever they flash. Still runs just as good as before.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
You may have received the new system under warranty already 6.73.0 ram.

Both My 2013 & 14 3500s have never returned to the Dealer except for R46 Track bar bracket failure.

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
I remember the last time an automaker and an engine manufacturer started bickering back and forth. Ford/Navistar, ended up in the two parting ways. Don't know what a Ram would be without a Cummins emblem on the side

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
xxxx2

AJ73942

Aug 2, 2016
Truck Year

Hey BoostN, thanks for posting this. It's always better to have a reference from a publication than rely on the rumor-mill. I still have my '15 EcoDiesel but bought a '16 2500 LongHorn Cummins on Saturday. I was trying to learn what the dealers had to say about when they'd have any '17 EcoDiesels for sale. He was the Internet Manager, but he was clueless about the whole thing. The actual salesman I had was fairly green, but did remark that they cannot keep an EcoDiesel on the lot. This dealer was a big one in OKC.

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
Looks like you're able to spec out a truck with an EcoDiesel online, I wonder if that is a good sign, or FCA not wanting to admit there is something going on. I know when the VW deal first started to become public they took the online option off immediately. I'm sure the new testing is probably more real world application being as the prior dyno testing was what triggered it to go into low emissions mode, so I'm sure the EPA is going to want to avoid that scenario again.

rammit

Nov 7, 2016
Truck Year
I ordered a 2017 EcoDiesel back in late July, and according to the dealership my truck has already been built but "they are holding all EcoDiesels at the factory while they are investigating an emissions issue." He claims it should be resolved soon.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I ordered a 2017 EcoDiesel back in late July, and according to the dealership my truck has already been built but "they are holding all EcoDiesels at the factory while they are investigating an emissions issue." He claims it should be resolved soon.

Welcome to the forum rammit!

I'd love to know what the real reason is for the hold up. I would say the dealer doesn't know much themselves. Keep us updated if you do learn anything though.

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
anyone have any update on the 2017's? Company my father works for used to let everyone decide between Ford, Chevy, Ram pickups of the gasoline flavor. They get new pickups every 80,000 miles, apparently for 2017 they're making it mandatory that everyone gets a half ton ram equipped with an ecodiesel. Said the company will save over $2 million on fuel a year at least with the ecodiesel engine option. would be kind of a shock if they don't let the ecodiesel to be sold in the US

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I haven't heard a thing. My uncle has had one on order since early summer and still has no arrival date. He's getting impatient. FCA could lose a sale because of the EPA's BS...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Ron Bucher

Nov 1, 2016
Truck Year
EPA holding light duty diesels "hostage" for whatever reason has an unintended consequence which has become the signature of our bloated government agencies. The 1000s of newer cleaner engines not allowed on the road means in general you can keep your old soot pumper on the road in daily service. I have a personal interest in this as I have a 2017 Ecodiesel on order which has been built for 100 days. Am I missing something or is this the same agency that is quietly , through executive order, attempting to take control of the inland waters from state governments? I look out each morning expecting to see the flow of the river stop like the flow of newer, cleaner diesels. The 230,000 employees (and hiring more) at the EPA could be put to better use the heeding progress. Sorry, meant impeding progress. Big difference.

Last edited: