• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

FCA work to settle criminal investigation (1-8-19) update

John K Sr

Feb 24, 2017
Truck Year
If FCA is required, by court order, to flash these trucks, wouldn't this flash be covered by warranty?
If I tell them I don't want them to flash the system, will they honor my request or will they still flash it?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
They will flash it, the vehicle legally cannot be operated on Americas roadways W/O the flash.

If you bring the vehicle in for any reason Oil change ,New wipers, ETC they will flash it after April 19.

solarvic

Jun 28, 2015
Truck Year
The 17 ecodiesel already got the updates before they could be sold. Why only the older models 14 15 and 16 are in the recall.

solarvic

Jun 28, 2015
Truck Year
Stopped at the dealer where I traded my ecodiesel a year ago. The new car manager looked it up and told me I can get a refund since I was a previous owner. Gave me the number to call fiat Chrysler so I can get the paper work needed to get the refund. This is unexpected money for me and if I get some I will post the details!!!!

BRAD MILLER

Mar 22, 2017
Truck Year
This is interesting. I went through the VW diesel lawsuit. I had a 2010 Touareg TDI diesel I bought in 2013 with 30k miles for $38,000. Great vehicle. VW suit in 2017, I got a buyback of $33,000 and had 83k miles. I think I came out pretty good. Trade in value was probably $18k at the time of turn in.

Now, I have a 2015 Laramie Ecodiesel I bought in October 2018 with 25k miles. I love the truck! Be interesting to see what happens. The VW suit seemed like it took forever. The courts were pretty harsh on VW.
Same here with 2012 JETTA, can't win!!!

solarvic

Jun 28, 2015
Truck Year
Today I called the Ram hotline: 1-866-726-4636. . They gave me email address ecodiesel.com and telephone 1-833-280 4748. Looked at website and then called the telephone number. They ask you lots of questions and you get to hear lots of music. You can get email registered there so they can keep you updated. I understand that ram is going to send owners some information starting February 17. I do not look to get paid till summer. I know I am not going to procrastinate as former owners and former leesees only have 90 days to make their claim. I also saw a story on Microsoft that the new ecodiesel is a 3 litrer v/6.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Read a report last week in the trades that the late 2019 release eco will be same engine with new injectors, new pistons and coatings, some undisclosed additional changes for improved fuel economy and emissions, 20 hp increase. Of course yet to see.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Today I called the Ram hotline: 1-866-726-4636. . They gave me email address ecodiesel.com and telephone 1-833-280 4748. Looked at website and then called the telephone number. They ask you lots of questions and you get to hear lots of music. You can get email registered there so they can keep you updated. I understand that ram is going to send owners some information starting February 17. I do not look to get paid till summer. I know I am not going to procrastinate as former owners and former leesees only have 90 days to make their claim. I also saw a story on Microsoft that the new ecodiesel is a 3 litrer v/6.
The website link should read https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com

Leo

Feb 14, 2019
Truck Year
Help me out here, I purchased from private party about a month ago, how does this all affect me? Am I still considered in this settlement? Thanks in advance.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
What year truck?

zzrenzo

Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Does anyone know if the settlement applies to Canadian sold trucks?
I have a 2016 and I have not heard anything about this.

solarvic

Jun 28, 2015
Truck Year
Gearhead, Thank you for the updated email address. When I talked on the phone on the ram hotline they just gave me the web address over the phone and didn,t mention the www.http part of the address. There is lots of information on the one without the http but I couldn,t find any of the forms that are listed on the web address you put on here.

John K Sr

Feb 24, 2017
Truck Year
It appears that several members are reluctant to have their trucks flashed. If this flash would bring the truck up to date with the newer trucks, why is this new flash is a bad thing?

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
It appears that several members are reluctant to have their trucks flashed. If this flash would bring the truck up to date with the newer trucks, why is this new flash is a bad thing?
I would imagine no one has ant real information yet, mostly just a trust issue:)

flyingpig333

Jun 21, 2016
Truck Year
Is the Hot Line you refer to run by the Class Action lawyers? I don't think this site is by Fiat Chrysler....?

Rameco

Feb 1, 2019
Truck Year
Yea big news. But unwanted. I do not want an updated ECM flash. You can bet your paycheck the program is not good for the longevity of the engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Find a used ecm and switch it. After the update, switch it back.

swordfish

Nov 15, 2015
Truck Year
so the 10 extended warranty covers just emission related issues is that correct?