• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ram EcoDiesel Oil Change Information

SLT

Mar 28, 2016
Truck Year
John Jensen,
I'm certainly no Expert and I don't want to sound like a Know it All. In this case, it seems like I should have kept my Opinion to myself.

scoffman

Aug 21, 2019
Truck Year
I figured it would help to coat the the places that need oiling better and prevent heavy wear during cold/dry starts. I'm just going on the Lucas synthetic oil additive displays at places like advance auto parts, and Auto zone. You know the display that has the plastic gears and you can clearly see that the Lucas additive keeps a coat of oil/additive on all the gears versus the regular oil.

Mesatoneman

Dec 27, 2020
Truck Year
Who knows what’s in them display things? 90-150 weight? They are trying to sell something? Legit or not? Do Arby's sandwiches ever look like they do on TV when you actually buy one ? Visual gimmicks have made companies millions over the years and ?

Augiedoggy

Aug 18, 2021
Truck Year
Does anyone use the Rotella T6 5W40 2.5 gallon bottle and one quart of the Lucas synthetic Oil Stabilizer? I've always just put the Rotella T6 in the "White Lady", but I'm wondering if the Lucas oil stabilizer would be beneficial? I know Shawn mentioned way back in the day that he used Rotella T6 and one quart of Lucas full synthetic, but I'm not sure if he meant a quart of the Lucas oil, or the oil stabilizer?
I did this a couple days ago actually.

scoffman

Aug 21, 2019
Truck Year
I changed my oil and added the one quart bottle of the Lucas synthetic oil stabilizer and then took a round trip drive to Benton Texas. On the return trip we were towing a Uhaul 6'X12' trailer full of my wifes grandmothers furniture and possessions. The "White Lady" perform very well. With tow haul mode on we averaged 17MPG while our average travel speed was 75mph. I checked the oil every time we stopped and turned the "White Lady" off. Oil looked great, and the level was full. I wanted to add the Lucas stuff because I believe the #1 killer of these engines is poor lubrication due to clogged oil passages. Watch this video it shows what I'm talking about.

Joe1

Aug 5, 2021
Hi i'm new here i was noticeing there's no mention of a 0 winter oil like
0w30 which has around the same viscocity curve as the 15w40 at higher temps. I'm mostly looking for better fuel economy and the 0 winter has proven to get better fuel economy in our golf tdi.
I use only Rotella 5w-40 Full synthetic yr around I live in Wisconsin and never had a problem we get temp below 0 out here even doing the day I would personally never use 5w-30 in my if I live down south I would use 15w-40 Rotella Full synthetic

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
John Jensen,
I'm certainly no Expert and I don't want to sound like a Know it All. In this case, it seems like I should have kept my Opinion to myself.
No harm, no foul. We all learn from others' opinions. The problem I had with yours was simply that some of your opinionated statements were inaccurate. Hopefully, you learned something.

Reactions: SLT

SLT

Mar 28, 2016
Truck Year
If you have a 2021 Eco Diesel Engine, the Oil Capacity is 8L/8.5Qt of Full Synthetic 5W-40 Oil, MS-12991.
The MS-12991 certification is new on the 2021 Eco Diesel Engine. It is different than the Rotella 5W-40 MS certification I used in my 2016 Eco Diesel. Looking at the Attachment in drewthorne's post, the 11L/11.5Qt capacity is for Coolant/Antifreeze, don't get confused by that.