Ram EcoDiesel Oil Change Information

• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Beeson

Feb 9, 2019
Truck Year
Thanks,
Guess I am stuck with the first oil change, but will do some research on the named brands you listed for the future.

Stan517

Jul 27, 2019
Truck Year
Ok, I just completed an oil change and used Pentosin full synthetic 5w40 oil. It is manufactured for diesel and gas engines, German made and recommended for the econodiesel engine. It comes in various amounts of course but I was able to get a case of 3, 5-liter jugs for 146 after taxes. 10 liters is equal to 10.5 quarts so easy to use.

Anyone else use this oil? It is low ash which is an important part of the deal. Comments?

John

Nov 13, 2015
As long as it meets the FCA required specs I think you will be fine. I use the recommended Rotella T6 and it's less than $20.00 for a 1 gallon jug. With a rebate it's more like $13.00 a gallon

Reactions: Stan517 and Brady