• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ram EcoDiesel Oil Change Information

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
That's a pretty good deal I've heard pennzoil to be extremely cheap on Amazon. But I've used champion syngold my first two changes and been happy. Will be turning 19k tomorrow.

Somewhere out there there is an Ecodiesel oil change kit that has a mopar filter then base price of about 80-100 to come with Pennzoil which just as the dealers use is the cheapest, and has options for upgrading the oil to the Kendall and Mobil1 possibly others but I know those off hand.

I am absolutely a fan of Mobil 1 and have religiously ran it in my German vehicles for years and have been very happy.

I personally find my use of the champion syngold a great middle point in cost. Auto anything has it pretty cheap. Call to get it even cheaper than online advertised price.

Mobil 1 ESP is still the most expensive to get but I'm sure it probably performs great. Whether or not the average every day driver will ever notice a big change between two good oils I'm pretty uncertain of.

Jambrose711

Jun 14, 2015
Truck Year
The website your thinking of is idparts.com they sell the Kendall oil package with filter for $119.99 plus shipping. $20 more for pennzoil, and an additional $10 of pennzoil for mobile. Shipping is usually less then $10.

With buying this oil and OEM filter separate from different sites I am able manage my oil change at about $100. Cheapest it can be done to my knowledge and still use recommended products.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Yeah you can get the mopar oil filter from diesel Filters online but it's really tricky to find as they haven't structured the site for ram ecodiesel even remotely well. But if you know your part numbers it's pretty easy to find. And their sales keep Filters around 30$ and shipping isn't much. Beats the $60 quote from my dealer who still has to order it in.

gilbert.gabriel

Mar 2, 2015
I changed mine couple days ago.
cda44ce2e2edc47288b32789ec855550.jpg

Robert

Jan 23, 2016
Truck Year
I can tell you from experience that Dodge made us show a receipt that we had used pennzoil ultra. The truck sat in the shop till we found an invoice showing we had bought it. I don't know what would have happened if we had used another oil.

Robert

Jan 23, 2016
Truck Year
You're truck wasn't setting in a shop with a blown motor. They would not proceed until we faxed them the receipt Right or not the dealer it was bought from said hope you can find one. The dealer that did the work was not the dealer it was bought from

gilbert.gabriel

Mar 2, 2015
Those are the types of dealer who tries to scare you. Even if it wasn't Pennzoil, as long as it is in compliance with what the manual says you are good. They have to prove that particular oils did the damage. I had a brand new M3 that I bought when I was in Germany and they said I lost my warranty because I did my own fluid change. I contacted BMW in Munich and asked for a written statement, nothing showed up. Same crap the dealership told me that I only get 1 gal of DEF. I called FCA told them the dealership didn't conduct their PDI. Next morning, my truck was topped off and washed. I always pull, "Magnuson-Law" lol. Sorry for all your troubles.

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
Next time walk into your service department shooting a video, always gets everyone dancing on glass :) works for me, I just flash my youtube badge when I'm getting bullied. Hehe.

kingfisher2

Feb 13, 2016
Truck Year
Just joined 1st post, been reading through the thread. Getting ready to do my 1st oil change along with the fuel filter. 2014 Eco bought from dealership with 9K on it. Just about to hit 17K. I bought a case of Kendall Euro from Amazon it should be here Tuesday. Filters on Ebay. (Automotivepartssuperstore).

I just got an email from Amsoil, they are stating their European Car Formula 5@-30 I-ESP Motor Oil is compliant with the specs set forth for the EcoDiesel.
http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-produ...mula-5w-30-synthetic-motor-oil/?code=AELQT-EA

I may end up doing that for the next oil change. Gallon is $46.70. Wish they made a 2.5GAL...

Attachments

• Ram.jpg
    Ram.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 23

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Just joined 1st post, been reading through the thread. Getting ready to do my 1st oil change along with the fuel filter. 2014 Eco bought from dealership with 9K on it. Just about to hit 17K. I bought a case of Kendall Euro from Amazon it should be here Tuesday. Filters on Ebay. (Automotivepartssuperstore).

I just got an email from Amsoil, they are stating their European Car Formula 5@-30 I-ESP Motor Oil is compliant with the specs set forth for the EcoDiesel.
http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-produ...mula-5w-30-synthetic-motor-oil/?code=AELQT-EA

I may end up doing that for the next oil change. Gallon is $46.70. Wish they made a 2.5GAL...

Welcome.. good looking EcoDiesel as well!

You'll find doing the oil change yourself saves a lot of money, and you know it's done right. A lot of dealers these days sometimes can even mess up the little things (like oil changes).

Dec 14, 2015
Truck Year
You can go on Mopar web site and find deals and coupons to use . My dealer has a coupon for ecodiesel oil change with filter for $119 just now.
I am having my first change done by this dealer as I have a couple of minor warranty items to have checked.

cevans

Nov 1, 2015
Truck Year
I just used the Kendall on my latest change, but, afterwards did some more reading on the different options. Mobil 1 ESP will be my choice from now on because it has the lowest sulfated ash content and highest HTHS (high-temperature, high shear) of all the MS-11106 oils. The Pennzoil is close in both categories, too. Even the Kendall is a fantastic oil in those regards, but per the specification sheets M1 seems to be the winner.

I completed my change using top side oil extractor method, it is a straight shot through the oil dipstick to the oil pan, so getting all the oil out was no trouble at all.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
For now this is still my choice and was my 3rd round of oil.

Considering the Mobil ESP though. I am a fan of Mobil1 synthetic and have run it in all of my other (mostly German) gas vehicles for years.

Screenshot_2016-02-25-17-18-37.png

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I still do not understand the topsider method of oil changes. Even on my old Mercedes Clk where I had to remove the entire splash pan to drain the oil that was still my choice. At least you know what's going on under your engine.

And the ram works great with the ez drain valve

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
And the ram works great with the ez drain valve

Even without the EZ drain valve, it's the easiest & cleanest oil change I've done. And I come from GMs, which are pretty cake themselves.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Neat trick with the ez valve, if you recycle your oil and save the containers from your previous oil change you can drain it quart by quart with no mess at all back into containers to bring in. No oil pans, no mess at all.

And if anything happens and you need to redo an oil change same thing you have clean containers you can drain into and refill without buying a 100$ in new oil at maybe hundreds or maybe low thousands into your oil

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I don't know about anyone else but my drain pans are far from clean. Gear oil, transmission fluid, oil, coolant. You can't just pour that oil into your rig. Oil touches that drain pan and it's garbage