• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Mesatoneman

Dec 27, 2020
Truck Year
Stage 1 turns off eqr . Can leave all intact. Does nothing with def though. If you get engine (ECU) and tranny (TCU) it will tune both. You can get ECU alone or a combo tune

drake01

Feb 28, 2021
Truck Year
Stage 1 turns off eqr . Can leave all intact. Does nothing with def though. If you get engine (ECU) and tranny (TCU) it will tune both. You can get ECU alone or a combo tune
So they’ll sell that as add-ons in stage 1 package?
I tried to call, but that number won’t call on my cell... IDK if it’s to do with international it what!

Mesatoneman

Dec 27, 2020
Truck Year
If you buy an S F T stage 1 toon you can either buy just the engine toon or the engine transmission toon combo. When you order, you tell them to program the engine toon to turn eqr off. There are a couple options you can add to the tranny toon if desire. You don’t need eqr blok off kit with stage 1 if you don’t want to

drake01

Feb 28, 2021
Truck Year
If you buy an S F T stage 1 toon you can either buy just the engine toon or the engine transmission toon combo. When you order, you tell them to program the engine toon to turn eqr off. There are a couple options you can add to the tranny toon if desire. You don’t need eqr blok off kit with stage 1 if you don’t want to
Thanks, talked to them earlier, $50 discount, comes to $850...

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
Stage 1 SFT allows you to use distilled water in place of DEF if that's what you want to do, I'm currently running about 50% DEF.

drake01

Feb 28, 2021
Truck Year
Stage 1 SFT allows you to use distilled water in place of DEF if that's what you want to do, I'm currently running about 50% DEF.
Why run 50%, is that just a way of pretty much deleting it but staying on the safe side???
Just ordered the SFT stage 1...

drake01

Feb 28, 2021
Truck Year
Lol who cares when you buy the combo you get stage 2. If any of my stock oem junk fails I’ll delete and press stage 2 🤣

giphy.gif

drake01

Feb 28, 2021
Truck Year
FYI my SFT combo was $900 shipped and that was using a fiddy dollar promo code...

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I second deleting at occurrence of exhaust issues. I ran stage one for 12-15k. Had an emissions code from truck sitting for nearly 6 months. Deleted code twice and it continued to reoccur so I was able to remove the dpf and scr and click stage two and be done. Glad I purchased both stages as a fail safe instead of having to order stage 2 and send back in file and wait to get it back and go through the process again. To each their own, but the question isn’t if it’ll happen, it’s when.

Jul 20, 2019
Truck Year
I second deleting at occurrence of exhaust issues. I ran stage one for 12-15k. Had an emissions code from truck sitting for nearly 6 months. Deleted code twice and it continued to reoccur so I was able to remove the dpf and scr and click stage two and be done. Glad I purchased both stages as a fail safe instead of having to order stage 2 and send back in file and wait to get it back and go through the process again. To each their own, but the question isn’t if it’ll happen, it’s when.
How much better is stage 2?? I got the saw sal in my hand hahaha

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Honestly? Close to the same as 1, little more pep, turbo noise is a little more, with less worry of codes in the future. Leave the muffler and it’s around factory sounding.

Mesatoneman

Dec 27, 2020
Truck Year
Ive been diluting def also since joined and after talking to some awesome members on here for months with no problems. The def/uria builds up on the injector and will cause problems. Diluting will help untill i can decommission after warranty is up. Im probably one 2 1/2 gal of off the shelf jug of def to 4 gals of dist water. I have stage 1 and 2 on Touchscreen. Currently running stg 1 and happy. After warranty expires, I’ll be doing stage 2.
Some say buy now because who knows what’s to come.
Long live our Eco Diesel’s

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
Ive been diluting def also since joined and after talking to some awesome members on here for months with no problems. The def/uria builds up on the injector and will cause problems. Diluting will help untill i can decommission after warranty is up. Im probably one 2 1/2 gal of off the shelf jug of def to 4 gals of dist water. I have stage 1 and 2 on Touchscreen. Currently running stg 1 and happy. After warranty expires, I’ll be doing stage 2.
Some say buy now because who knows what’s to come.
Long live our Eco Diesel’s
One member says we can use straight dist water in our rigs, I haven't tried yet but have no reason to doubt him.

Mesatoneman

Dec 27, 2020
Truck Year
Yah I think I know who you mean👍. I haven’t tried yet either. Can’t remember if it matters if stg1 or stg2 or can do with factory tune. I’ve heard of def/urea sensors throwing codes if no def/urea detected too. Im gonna ween it down more than i am now as tank gets lower