• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Mesatoneman

Dec 27, 2020
Truck Year
Do whatever you want or think will work for you bub. To me. Less urea content means less chance of shop time. Look at some pics of clogged def injectors caused by def. Warranty or not, I cant afford the hassle of break down

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
I've been told that the first 2 or 3 years didn't have DEF sensors, BUT, the parts catalogue lists the tank/w sensor for 2014 & up, so either they had it OR they just superseded the part number and kept it to one part number and no wires to plug in, IDK, one member has said that you need to keep around 22% DEF mixture with the DIST WATER, I think I'm gonna stop using any DEF & see what happens, just carry a jug with me just in case. I worked with Frank on an issue I had & he was super helpful and willing to help. I figure if any issues come up I'll siphon the tank & put some DEF in, pull the tune & off it goes. Frank also told me it was safe to use water, it may be an issue if you have to submit to emissions checks for licensing.
In reply to Kmorningstar01, The SCR/DEF SYSTEM isn't just a problem on light duty diesels, it's also a very common problem on OTR trucks too, the crystalizing is very prominent and corrosive.

Last edited:

Mesatoneman

Dec 27, 2020
Truck Year
Is also say that if all that soot is no longer dumping into your engine, Its staying in your exhaust and regens are dealing with it = more regens

Jkep

Mar 5, 2021
Truck Year
EGR delete is very easy. The most difficult step is removal of the T-40 bolt next to the firewall. If I did it all over again i would do a stage 1 delete and tune with the EGR turned off
Why would you go stage one? I’m trying to decide right now.

Jkep

Mar 5, 2021
Truck Year
I’m trying to figure out if I should go with a stage one tune or stage two. Then if I went stage one I could prolly do the trans tune. If I go stage two then the exhaust and egr delete would be a must and I would not do the trans tune It all adds up quick

Jkep

Mar 5, 2021
Truck Year
I’m trying to rationalize the choice I guess Which one would be more beneficial. Is a trans tune worth it? It seems fine the way it is. Idk

Mesatoneman

Dec 27, 2020
Truck Year
If you go with sft, You’re Stock , stg1 and stg2 tunes stay loaded on the Touchscreen device and you can flash stg2 at a later time if needed. If you get the combo engine and tranny tune, The tranny tune would also be on the Touchscreen. I bought the stg1 tune and stg2 was included on my returned file and is on my Touchscreen for later use. You can buy just the engine tune and probably add the tranny tune later. Its all done via loading your stock ecm file on Touchscreen and sending file to sft. They then send you the updated tuned files back to you and you load them on tour Touchscreen and then load to your truck.

drake01

Feb 28, 2021
Truck Year
If you go with sft, You’re Stock , stg1 and stg2 tunes stay loaded on the Touchscreen device and you can flash stg2 at a later time if needed. If you get the combo engine and tranny tune, The tranny tune would also be on the Touchscreen. I bought the stg1 tune and stg2 was included on my returned file and is on my Touchscreen for later use. You can buy just the engine tune and probably add the tranny tune later. Its all done via loading your stock ecm file on Touchscreen and sending file to sft. They then send you the updated tuned files back to you and you load them on tour Touchscreen and then load to your truck.
My SFT tuner is supposed to be here Friday, how long did it take them to send you your file back once you emailed your stock file?

Mesatoneman

Dec 27, 2020
Truck Year
I think it was 2 working days. They don’t work on weekends. I think I sent mine on a Friday and got it emailed back to me on a Tuesday

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
And... I’m deleted lol. The hell with regen messages and all the bull... go stage 2 and don’t think twice.. all the trucks shoulda come this way 🤣
I agree, but it's highly illegal, and it's you deleted, black smoke boys and your attitudes that brought the wrath of the EPA down on GDE and others. Thanks for ruining a good thing!

Your continued flaunting it will only serve to have the EPA make it even tougher on all of us. The EPA considers anything that changes OEM will affect emissions and can get very nasty. For example, changing to larger wheels and tires from stock in their rules is a violation. They just don't have the ability to enforce it. You keep mouthing off, and they'll get pissed off enough to find a way. The EPA hates deleters!

Jul 20, 2019
Truck Year
I agree, but it's highly illegal, and it's you deleted, black smoke boys and your attitudes that brought the wrath of the EPA down on GDE and others. Thanks for ruining a good thing!

Your continued flaunting it will only serve to have the EPA make it even tougher on all of us. The EPA considers anything that changes OEM will affect emissions and can get very nasty. For example, changing to larger wheels and tires from stock in their rules is a violation. They just don't have the ability to enforce it. You keep mouthing off, and they'll get pissed off enough to find a way. The EPA hates deleters!

Calm down key board hero... aren’t you a stage one guy your self... take a look in the mirror bud.. I drive like an old man to work each day to get as best Milage as I can so you can take your black smoke boys comment and tell some 16yr old that... I’m 35yrs old and don’t appreciate the stereotype your throwing at me.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Calm down key board hero... aren’t you a stage one guy your self... take a look in the mirror bud.. I drive like an old man to work each day to get as best Milage as I can so you can take your black smoke boys comment and tell some 16yr old that... I’m 35yrs old and don’t appreciate the stereotype your throwing at me.
Yes, I'm stage one, all emissions equipment intact. You are Stage 2 emissions equipment removed/deleted and that's where my spear was thrown. It makes no difference how you drive or your age, you are deleted and flaunting it. It's your kind of talk, "The hell with regen messages and all the bull..." that triggers the EPA fury who then makes it difficult for all of us.

While you don’t appreciate the stereotype I don't appreciate the name calling. Cheers!

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Come on guys, Don’t get your jock straps all hiked up lol. Shake hands and hug it out.
Easy done - it was a minor conversation that I started.

Hey Kmorningstar01, Here's hugs and hand shakes. We are all in this together, let's stay together. 👍