• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Turbo water coolant feed tube failure

Texascherokee

Mar 27, 2019
Truck Year
Has anyone had any luck getting this hose covered under the settlement? My dealer is telling my FCA is refusing.
Have you filed your truck in the EcoDiesel Settlement. The 2nd part of this you have to get the dealership to " modify the emissions" and file that with the EcoDiesel settlement. If you are in doubt if anything is not complete, go to Eco Diesel Settlement and look for "check my claim" Mine shows green check marks for all questions and "hour glass" for payment. If you meet the requirement and dealership still refused to cover this part Contact FCA with a complaint. Good Luck

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
If FCA says it is not covered you will need to write a letter to Judge Chen with a copy to Hagens Berman, the EPA and FCA stating that FCA is already violating the terms of the settlement by not covering all parts covered by the extended warranty.

Norcalnewb

Jun 6, 2019
Truck Year
Have you filed your truck in the EcoDiesel Settlement. The 2nd part of this you have to get the dealership to " modify the emissions" and file that with the EcoDiesel settlement. If you are in doubt if anything is not complete, go to Eco Diesel Settlement and look for "check my claim" Mine shows green check marks for all questions and "hour glass" for payment. If you meet the requirement and dealership still refused to cover this part Contact FCA with a complaint. Good Luck
I've filed my truck this weekend, and the dealer is asking me to go sign the papers to get the modification done. Is this OK before I have confirmation on the tracking site that all my submission has been approved?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I received conformation also Check coming and truck will/is gone...Its now FCA Property.

Last edited:

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I've have had a long awaited agreement WITH FCA on Trade, I was waiting for the New 2020 Diesel...the Deal they offered on 2019 1500 Limited was so good I can wait and trade the Limited later on the New Eco.
2019 Ram Limited W_S.jpg

Texascherokee

Mar 27, 2019
Truck Year
Nice, for now I'm keeping my Jeep GC EcoDiesel, now that they extended the warranty to 120K, plus the turbo coolant line has been replaced. Now when I get home and park in garage, I open the hood let engine bay cool off. Another thing I'm doing is around town driving at 35-45-50 MPH, I shift into paddle shift mode to keep RPM up around 2K at 40MPH in automatic mode RPM is 1100. That's why the Eco Diesel, goes into REGEN alot. BYW has anyone looked at the new 2019 DuraMax in the Chevy 1500. Damn the DuraMax specs are very close to the EcoDiesel. Did DuraMax copy the EcoDiesel? I doubt the EPA will go after DuraMax. The went after VW and FCA

Texascherokee

Mar 27, 2019
Truck Year
I've been adding this to my fuel every 5,000 miles, today at 45000 I drained the water separator. No water. Last time I checked it was at 20,000 miles

Attachments

• rislone.jpg
    rislone.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 15

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I have never used any type of additive and My 2003 5.9 had No water at 13.5 years of use and I only change the filter 3 times in 13.5 years. its still going strong at 343,000 miles and current owner changed and drained only twice 5.5 years, No water.

You get contaminate water in your fuel NO additive is going to save YA. The only way is Aqua-zorb or water encapsulation filter.

I don't used additive, unless its necessary to lower the cloud point of clear #2 Diesel.

Texascherokee

Mar 27, 2019
Truck Year
I bet you did a EGR delete too. I will have to wait till 120,000 till it's out of the Eco-Diesel Settlement before I can do a EGR delete

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Heck Tex, I would have FCA replace the EGR along with other various parts at 119,900 and than tune.

Norcalnewb

Jun 6, 2019
Truck Year
So I took my truck to the dealer to get the software update, which they have done. Supposedly, they also fixed the turbo coolant supply hose, which I have not yet paid for. But, they took the truck on a test drive and had to tow it back. They say that now the egr has failed and they need to replace it. I had no issues with this prior to bringing it in. The dealer is still saying that until all the paperwork is closed out, none of this is covered under extended warranty. FCA is stating that if I pay for anything, they won't reimburse me. I am stuck in the middle of all of this.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
Did you actually call FCA customer support and get a case number? Because what you are saying is kind of opposite of what others are experiencing.

Norcalnewb

Jun 6, 2019
Truck Year
I tried calling today and got bounced around to a different department only to get told to call back tomorrow at 9:00 AM.

Hosse

Aug 23, 2019
Truck Year
Had the same tube failure. Hopefully finished at mechanic today who's charging me $1650 and replacing with a silicone hose. Also, just received the offer letter/approval from FCA on settlement and still need to have the emissions repair done at dealer. After reading this entire thread I'm really interested in hearing how everyone makes out in regards to reimbursements—and whether it could apply to turbo feed tube repairs conducted by a non-dealer. Please advise. Thanks.

Texascherokee

Mar 27, 2019
Truck Year
When My coolant line Failed it was not covered yet under the EcoDiesel Settlement yet so I had to Pay $2,176. Filed a claim with FCA and with my insurance Geico as a road side breakdown. Geigo paid all but $200 of the repair cost, then FCA finally called and since Geico had already paid, the covered the 16 day rent car cost. Thanks Geico and FCA

Mookgc

Aug 24, 2019
Truck Year
Ok so I don't have a ram I have a grand Cherokee 14 eco. I'm thinking I have the same issue.
Was coming home last weekend in 35-degree weather it overheated put in 4 litres of coolant and drove it home successfully another 2 hours but by the time I got home the reservoir was empty again. Got it to a shop who suspected a stuck thermostat and the fact that the coolant with brown it needed a flush. So $400 later we did The Flash and the thermostat got it back in and drove it out the next morning puddle of coolant now on the garage floor never had a puddle before. He said he pressure tested it and it held for an hour. Well I happen to be attack from 10 years ago so I pressure tested it myself took off the belly pans I had Niagara falls coming out of the back of the engine it dumped the reservoir in about 30 seconds at 15 psi.
I cannot see where it's coming from I can see the bottom of the head on the driver side it looks dry but it certainly sounds like what you described.