• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Turbo water coolant feed tube failure

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I said NOTHING about fmc farming work out j stated u r BETTER OFF taking it to a regular diesel shop to get it fixed right

jnc623

Nov 27, 2019
Truck Year
I'm new here.... have a 2015 with 118,00 miles on it. Have coolant leak in the "valley", suspect it is this turbo coolant line. My question is: is this covered under the settlement warranty?

z3cta

May 30, 2020
Truck Year
When My coolant line Failed it was not covered yet under the EcoDiesel Settlement yet so I had to Pay $2,176. Filed a claim with FCA and with my insurance Geico as a road side breakdown. Geigo paid all but $200 of the repair cost, then FCA finally called and since Geico had already paid, the covered the 16 day rent car cost. Thanks Geico and FCA
I still do not understand, what does your auto insurance company have to do with paying for mechanical repairs?

Texascherokee

Mar 27, 2019
Truck Year
I still do not understand, what does your auto insurance company have to do with paying for mechanical repairs?
Geico Insurance has a highway breakdown clause. So we made a claim, Check your car insurance and see if you have a highway breakdown clause. I told them the coolant starting leaking while driving, I could smell it. And the failure happened before the Eco Diesel Settlement

Texascherokee

Mar 27, 2019
Truck Year
I can't wait till I hit 120,000 miles so I can REMOVE the EGR tube, don't understand why the put a EGR on a DIESEL, stupid.. I might even remove the DPF too

Texascherokee

Mar 27, 2019
Truck Year
This is false. Do not listen to this person.
I've been away for awhile LongShot. back to your comment, I didn't do any of the work removing the Turbo Coolant tube, that was all done by the FCA dealership. I understand you tell me that removing the intake is the way. Next time it fails and I have to change it, will take your advice

z3cta

May 30, 2020
Truck Year
Geico Insurance has a highway breakdown clause. So we made a claim, Check your car insurance and see if you have a highway breakdown clause. I told them the coolant starting leaking while driving, I could smell it. And the failure happened before the Eco Diesel Settlement

That is sweeeet, I need to look into this with my insurance
I had the same issue 500 miles away from home towing a boat :(

Dodgeeco007

Sep 2, 2020
Truck Year
My 2018 upper turbo hose just blew too
Says I won’t see my truck for a week it’s in MT and I’m headed back to Wa
Anymore feedback would be greatly appreciated

Texascherokee

Mar 27, 2019
Truck Year
Welcome to the club, on my 2016 GC blew coolant turbo hoseimagejpeg_0.jpgimagejpeg_0.jpg at 45k miles, The dealer tech removed the air intake and wipers at base of windshield to get at it rather than pull the cab. That was before EcoDiesel Settlement

Here is blown hose and tech put foil on new hose

Texascherokee

Mar 27, 2019
Truck Year
Here is the letter from FCA detailing everything that's covered under the EcoDiesel Warranty EGR cooler is covered,

Attachments

• Eco Diesel Extended Warranty Document.pdf
    36.7 KB · Views: 14