• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Turbo water coolant feed tube failure

Texascherokee

Mar 27, 2019
Truck Year
read the FCA agreement pdf I uploaded, not sure what you mean about high pressure coolant, all coolant is at the cap pressure rating, I think 15 lbs

Ahaynes81

Jan 2, 2019
Truck Year
Well i think this line just took a crap on me ,I have been leaking coolant down the back side of the engine i can see it drip towards the center of the truck. Im pretty sure its this turbo coolant line and hope its just the rubber part thats leaking as I will just replace the the hose with a high temp heater hose. Haven't noticed any any leaks around heads and I just had the egr replaced with a new one. I think I read somewhere that the hose diameter is 3/8 on the turbo coolant line is that correct? Thanks in advance

Dodgeeco007

Sep 2, 2020
Truck Year
I will let you know it’s at dealership no for 2 weeks they say it’s only coolaid line I hope so I have to get it home from MT to Wa
To get my egr replacement “ when they get it in :(
If this doesn’t get better I will have to drop this eco and go on
Very disappointed with all
Ps I have a 2500 extended warranty covering 5000 plus parts and it better cover labor too

Dodgeeco007

Sep 2, 2020
Truck Year
I will let you know it’s at dealership no for 2 weeks they say it’s only coolaid line I hope so I have to get it home from MT to Wa
To get my egr replacement “ when they get it in :(
If this doesn’t get better I will have to drop this eco and go on
Very disappointed with all
Ps I have a 2500 extended warranty covering 5000 plus parts and it better cover labor too

Dodgeeco007

Sep 2, 2020
Truck Year
Will here’s the new update on my 2018 ecodeisel the dealership removepcab to get to cooler hose and found the interior egr cooler had a melt down
And good news I have the extended warranty and miles @48k
But now have to wait for a new engine been 2 weeks already

Texascherokee

Mar 27, 2019
Truck Year
Bummer EGR about cooler leak, shame all the EGR stuff is on EcoDiesel, There are kits out there to remove and block off the EGR cooler. I was reading about the Gail Banks 630T he made for military, only thing common about that and street 3.0L EcoDiesel is the head and block. He got away from EGR and Cooler block also took off the swirl valve crap too. I want to take that off mine but have the 120,000 mile settlement warranty so going to wait for now, only 63,000 miles

Dodgeeco007

Sep 2, 2020
Truck Year
Bummer EGR about cooler leak, shame all the EGR stuff is on EcoDiesel, There are kits out there to remove and block off the EGR cooler. I was reading about the Gail Banks 630T he made for military, only thing common about that and street 3.0L EcoDiesel is the head and block. He got away from EGR and Cooler block also took off the swirl valve crap too. I want to take that off mine but have the 120,000 mile settlement warranty so going to wait for now, only 63,000 miles
I have same warranty but not sure at 48k if it goes on bumper to bumper 60k or my Extended 120

Texascherokee

Mar 27, 2019
Truck Year
Mine has been in the dealer for 3 weeks now with blown CP4 pump, shot metal thru entire fuel system. now waiting for FCA to make final approval for repair, With all the hassle just spoke to FCA rep and she said will add 2 year free oil change and tire rotation to my VIN mumber :)

Texascherokee

Mar 27, 2019
Truck Year
I'm don't know for sure yet, have not seen the repair order, still in the hands of Dealership Shop Foreman and Engineering from FCA. Probably under EcoDiesel Settlement clause

Dodgeeco007

Sep 2, 2020
Truck Year
Yeah last i here is the egr cooler etc was a complete meltdown been there in White fish MT for 3 weeks they are looking for a new engine out of 13 total in US :(

Texascherokee

Mar 27, 2019
Truck Year
The EGR cooler is a unit bolted to the block, why would it "melt down" your engine. Loss of coolant? Didn't you get a warning indication before this happened?. Years ago I understood that low coolant level will not read on water temp sensor once level gets low and sensor exposed to air

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The coolant mixes with the soot and becomes corrosive, it will even destroy valves, sensors, couplers , eventually ignites and sets the plastic plenum a blames.

Dbishop

Oct 13, 2020
Truck Year
My 2015 GC diesel just had the turbo coolant input hose break while I was moving. I had it towed to my local Jeep dealer and they are saying it is not an item covered under the class action. The service rep said he is familiar with the warranty and his system wont let him input it as a warranty item. They want $2700 to remove the engine, turbo, and change the part. Has anyone had this part replaced as part of this class action? All new parts to do the job can be found on the Mopar website for around $110. If you dont have to pull the motor, which it looks like you don't, I can do it myself. I work on jets for a living so the mechanical skill/tools wont be a problem.

Texascherokee

Mar 27, 2019
Truck Year
My 2016 GC Eco Diesel Turbo coolant failed before the Eco Diesel settlement with the EPA, was reached, thank God Geico stepped in and Paid. If your 2015 GC is over 120,000 miles that is why it's not covered. Here is the exact text in the settlement covered items The turbocharger system including all related hoses and pipes, all sensors and actuators. Good Luck

Dbishop

Oct 13, 2020
Truck Year
Ya I read the text and I got the message that it says its covered. My GC has 57k on it and the warranty goes until March 2026. He was just saying it's not covered and I was 99.9% sure he was wrong. Thank you for your reply.

Texascherokee

Mar 27, 2019
Truck Year
On mine they removed the windshield wiper assy and air intake at base of windshield to access back of engine. They did not pull engine or body off frame

Dbishop

Oct 13, 2020
Truck Year
On mine they removed the windshield wiper assy and air intake at base of windshield to access back of engine. They did not pull engine or body off frame
After talking with FCA they are saying it is not covered either. They spoke with the dealership and the service department told FCA it's not covered. I feel like that's a little backwards. Also the dealership now says it's the turbocharger return hose. They told me yesterday it was the input hose. What a great way to start my day.

Dbishop

Oct 13, 2020
Truck Year
Just got a return call from FCA about the case they opened for me. They said that the turbocharger coolant lines are not covered and I would have to pay for the repair. It is not covered under the 5 year 60k powertrain or the extended lawsuit warranty. They said there is no further I can elevate it and I'm screwed. They said that the coolant lines are not on the list of items covered. I asked them where I can find the list of what is covered and she said they rely on the dealer to provided what is and what is not covered. I dont know what to do because I do not have 2700 right now to fix my vehicle.