• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Turbo water coolant feed tube failure

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Its an easy fix, Do a search many photos and video online.

Texascherokee

Mar 27, 2019
Truck Year
I am attaching this AEM Warranty file on FCA letterhead that covers the agreed parts on the 3.0L Eco Diesel in the settlement, That is crap them telling you it's not covered, email them this PDF

Attachments

• AEM Extended Warranty.pdf
    36.7 KB · Views: 21

Texascherokee

Mar 27, 2019
Truck Year
Only way they can deny your claim is if you never got the AEM update

Attachments

• Approved Emissions Modification Disclosure updated 1.2020 Website.pdf
    27.1 KB · Views: 5

Texascherokee

Mar 27, 2019
Truck Year
I got my GC EcoDiesel back last week after 3 months, they replaced the complete fuel system and flushed the tank dealership kept it for two weeks after work competed running "flight data" and emailing it to FCA engineers, FCA customer service gave me 2 years free oil changes and tire rotation too, I think this tread should be in the Bosch CP4 pump failure section

Dbishop

Oct 13, 2020
Truck Year
I am attaching this AEM Warranty file on FCA letterhead that covers the agreed parts on the 3.0L Eco Diesel in the settlement, That is crap them telling you it's not covered, email them this PDF
On the phone with the dealer now. He said "I know what the paper says. The problem is that I input it into the warranty system and it gives me a labor code that is not covered under that warranty. That paper is not the be all, end all." I talked to another dealer and they said ya its covered, bring it here. Bow I gotta pay to tow it 50 miles but um gonna guess that will be less than the 2700 they told me it would be to fix.

Giggles

Nov 5, 2020
Truck Year
Ya, I had to, for warranty . wanted to weld in a piece of SS braided hose, available at Summit Racing for High Heat coolant application, but NO 👿FCA said that would void warranty,

Do you have a parts list of the items needed when removing the manifold to replace the coolant line?

Dbishop

Oct 13, 2020
Truck Year
Report them to Jeep Care 877-426-5337
Update - My Jeep was moved to another dealership at my expense. This dealership says that it cannot be diagnosed without removing the engine. I was told that if they pull the motor and discover that it is not a warranty repair I will be on the hook for all repairs and the engine removal. It took them a week to get my diagnosis appointment, then I was told they would have to pull the motor. The next appointment wasnt available until the next week. They said they have no loaner cars available and cant get me a rental car because they dont know if it is a warranty repair yet. I contacted Jeep care and they told me the same thing. My appointment to remove the engine was last week. They called me the morning of and told me that the diesel mechanic was sick and going to get a covid test. They called me the next day and he was positive so they moved my appointment back 2 more weeks. I was told that they still had no loaner vehicles and still cant get me a rental. This will be the last time I EVER buy an FCA vehicle. Everytime I talk to FCA customer service or Jeep Care they just contact the dealership then parrot what the dealership says. My vehicle broke down on 2 October and I havent seen it since then. My appointment is the 12th of November and I have not had any luck getting a rental or loaner.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Dbishop. I understand your frustration and it has merit. I just want Owners to understand the The American branch of Fiat is not the Problem, Its VM Motori of Italy and Fiat WW.

Dbishop

Oct 13, 2020
Truck Year
Dbishop. I understand your frustration and it has merit. I just want Owners to understand the The American branch of Fiat is not the Problem, Its VM Motori of Italy and Fiat WW.
I just wanted a vehicle to drive while mine has been at the dealership for a month. I live an hour away from the base I'm stationed at and have a wife and 2 kids. This shit is weak.

Giggles

Nov 5, 2020
Truck Year
Hello all. I am new to the forum. I recently had my first major issue with my ecodiesel and felt like I should share it with you all. Maybe some of you have experienced the same thing. So at 72k miles my engine decided to spring a major coolant leak. I first noticed the leak when backing into my driveway, noticed a trail of water. I jumped out of my truck to investigate. Water was running from the back of the motor and down the trans bellhousing. By the time I shut the truck off there was almost no coolant left in the motor. I'm lucky it happened when it did. I spent a few hours trying to diagnose where the coolant was coming from. With no avail I chose to have to have it towed to the nearest dealer. It took the mech a few days to diagnose what failed and allowed me to come to the shop to check it out. As some of you may know there is a coolant line that is in the valley of the motor that comes from the drivers side head and feeds to the turbo or formally called the turbo water feed tube. This tube is made up of two hard lines that are connected by a rubber heater hose. The heater hose split! To access this absolutely terrible engineering design the intake manifold had to be removed. Now why would they put a standard heater hose in one of the most hottest parts of the motor? I understand they need flex but they could have used something of better quality, maybe something that could withstand heat better like a silicon hose or designed the hose to run on the outside of the motor. Best part yet fca declined a warranty claim because it's considered rubber it is not covered under warranty past 36k miles. 2 weeks and $2100 later I finally got my truck back. I wrote this to give a heads up to the ecodiesel community of what could happen to you and what to expect. during this whole dilemma I couldn't find anyone that has experienced the same failure. No aftermarket manufacturers or shops that I contacted heard of this or make a bulletproof kit yet. I live in az. summers are hot and I tow. What do they think will happen to rubber over time in those type of conditions? Maybe my environmental conditions cause the failure sooner then others. I was able to keep the old part. How is this part not covered by warranty when you can't maintain this part that is in the valley of the motor without tearing the motor apart to replace it? The rubber hose is dry and brittle. I cant imagine that i am the only eco that has had this happen. Let me know if you have had this happen. Maybe we can ban together and open a class action agenst fca for this poor engineering design. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.
View attachment 1629
Do you have a breakdown on the parts (numbers) needed to complete the repair other than the hose. I’m in the same situation I think! Just going to borescope to confirm and then remove the intake! Thanks

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Dbishop.... You may need to revisit continue owning the 3.0VM. You rely on your vehicle and the 3.0VM Wait times are just to long, IMO will only get longer and More $$$$.

Dbishop

Oct 13, 2020
Truck Year
Do you have a breakdown on the parts (numbers) needed to complete the repair other than the hose. I’m in the same situation I think! Just going to borescope to confirm and then remove the intake! Thanks
They said they couldn't see it with a borescope at the 2nd dealership. The first one said they could see it so idk. They told me that it is the Turbocharger coolant return hose at the first place. They said that hose is not covered under the warranty, which is false. That's why I moved it to another dealership. The 2nd dealer said that that part is covered under warranty but they need to confirm that is the part that is damaged before they will submit it under warranty. And so I wait.

Dbishop

Oct 13, 2020
Truck Year
Dbishop.... You may need to revisit continue owning the 3.0VM. You rely on your vehicle and the 3.0VM Wait times are just to long, IMO will only get longer and More $$$$.
Well it sucks for me because I just bought it in September so I'm stuck with it for a while. From what I understand if it was diagnosed to be under warranty they would authorize a rental car. That is the problem though that they have had it for a month and havent said it is yet. I've only ever owned GM vehicles and have never had a problem like this. I've had vehicles repaired and it has taken days or weeks sometimes but I've always been given a rental or loaner very quickly. They have had the car delivered to me before also. I understand the 3.0 is having design issues but it doesnt take an engineer to take care of a customer.

Giggles

Nov 5, 2020
Truck Year
I
They said they couldn't see it with a borescope at the 2nd dealership. The first one said they could see it so idk. They told me that it is the Turbocharger coolant return hose at the first place. They said that hose is not covered under the warranty, which is false. That's why I moved it to another dealership. The 2nd dealer said that that part is covered under warranty but they need to confirm that is the part that is damaged before they will submit it under warranty. And so I wait.
I doubt mine would be under warranty, it’s a 14 with 260,000 kilometres on it!

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Dbishop I here Ya, its just the complexity that surrounds the 3.0VM and the costly repairs....Sometimes I wonder if the Customer care people are X engineers.:mad:

Some Owners have had rentals for 4-6 Weeks, waiting for repairs. The Dealer (1st) did have plenty of Time to investigate the Matter, I hope the new one fairs better.

I just don't get, A little compassion would go a long way , FCA is loosing long term Customers over the 3.0VM issues many (NOT all) are having.