• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Turbo water coolant feed tube failure

Texascherokee

Mar 27, 2019
Truck Year
Its the turbo coolant supply line, it goes from the driver side head in back to the turbo on passenger side, there is a rubber part in the middle that fails, Attached a photo of my old hose and new hose. The Fiat Chrysler mechanic folded a piece of insulation over the rubber to protect it from Turbo exhaust side heat. Mine is a 2016 Grand Cherokee WK Eco Diesel and it failed at 35,000 miles

Attachments

• old hose, new hose.jpg
    old hose, new hose.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 51

Fred3

Aug 14, 2019
Truck Year
On 07/31/19 I was traveling from Tuscaloosa, AL back home when my turbo water feed tube decided to explode. I took it to the dealership and they kept it for 19 days. Not because of lack of parts, but possibly because they did not know what to do. They removed the driveline, transmission, transfer case, exhaust, turbos, etc to reach the hose and replace it. Why not lift the cab, I do not know. While they were there they replaced the oil cooler as well. All under the ecodiesel settlement warranty.

I wish this was the end of the story but on 09/13/19 I pulled away from a stop light heard a bang, like a large backfire and got a check engine light and a service throttle notice and light. I pulled three codes P026D Fuel injection quantity higher than expected, P0101 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Range, and P0299 Turbocharger underboost. When the dealer scanned it he said thee was 18 codes in the system.

So now it's back at my local dealer and I'm in a loaner for the time being.

I will say that I purchased my 2014 used with 63,000 miles on it from the local dealer and up to this point its been a great truck other than a few minor issues. I do love my ecodiesel and want to keep it, but if this keeps up it will have to go.

Attachments

• 2019-08-19 RAM repair and replace ERG Tube Oil Cooler & Battery_Page_1.jpg
    2019-08-19 RAM repair and replace ERG Tube Oil Cooler & Battery_Page_1.jpg
    358.4 KB · Views: 31

Dj Vintage

May 6, 2019
Truck Year
I have the same thing juste know!!! The change the link to turbo 2000$ later..... It still leak!!! 100km done and juste file the réservoir with à gallons and 1/2 of Preston!!!! They can't find the leak, Any more clue guys??? Or new from dealer regarding this issue???

Texascherokee

Mar 27, 2019
Truck Year
At the rear of the engine block is a coolant hose that run from Driver side head to water inlet of Turbo. It cannot be seen with out removing wiper assembly and air intake trim at base of windshield. Under the EcoDiesel Settlement, your Turbo Coolant Supply line is covered under this extended warranty of EcoDiesel Engine and Exhaust convertors

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0.jpg
    imagejpeg_0.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 21

Texascherokee

Mar 27, 2019
Truck Year
Latest coolant failure is water pump. :ROFLMAO: Took in to Dealership for coolant smell, reported back today "water pump" , how does a water pump on Eco Diesel fail at 52K miles, Dealership said covered under warranty, I guess under the Eco Diesel Settlement, they didn't say

longshot

Mar 13, 2018
Truck Year
Its the turbo coolant supply line, it goes from the driver side head in back to the turbo on passenger side, there is a rubber part in the middle that fails, Attached a photo of my old hose and new hose. The Fiat Chrysler mechanic folded a piece of insulation over the rubber to protect it from Turbo exhaust side heat. Mine is a 2016 Grand Cherokee WK Eco Diesel and it failed at 35,000 miles

Wow! It's so dumb to put the same rubber turbo coolant hose back in! Insulation? Hahahahahaha!

Texascherokee

Mar 27, 2019
Truck Year
Ya, I had to, for warranty . wanted to weld in a piece of SS braided hose, available at Summit Racing for High Heat coolant application, but NO 👿FCA said that would void warranty,

Attachments

• spe-68188_xl.jpg
    spe-68188_xl.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 16

longshot

Mar 13, 2018
Truck Year
Longshot so what does it cost to do an egr delete etc? I'm way out of warranty and already have a GDE tune which needs to be updated actually. That is the last thing the dealer told me before they gave me the oil leak was that my ECM was causing CEL so thinking if I get ECM update for $50 maybe they can set me up for deleted setup at same time?
That's illegal. Good luck getting an update from GDE now that the EPA is up their ass! That won't help your coolant hose which is what this topic is about

longshot

Mar 13, 2018
Truck Year
Ya, I had to, for warranty . wanted to weld in a piece of SS braided hose, available at Summit Racing for High Heat coolant application, but NO 👿FCA said that would void warranty,

Huh? Lucky you didn't do that. How will that help? You need a high temp silicone hose there. I already posted the solution if you had read the thread. You only need to remove the intake manifold to replace the coolant hose, lol. Lucky you didn't pay for that. I wouldn't want the stealership taking my whole truck apart.

Texascherokee

Mar 27, 2019
Truck Year
Huh? Lucky you didn't do that. How will that help? You need a high temp silicone hose there. I already posted the solution if you had read the thread. You only need to remove the intake manifold to replace the coolant hose, lol. Lucky you didn't pay for that. I wouldn't want the stealership taking my whole truck apart.
The Tech removed the wipers and air intake trim at base if windshield to accessed the turbo coolant line

Dj Vintage

May 6, 2019
Truck Year
I live in Canada, an it happen to me to! same price 2300$ ! I agree student ingeneer that design this motor!!! No more diesel for me!!!!

longshot

Mar 13, 2018
Truck Year
At the rear of the engine block is a coolant hose that run from Driver side head to water inlet of Turbo. It cannot be seen with out removing wiper assembly and air intake trim at base of windshield. Under the EcoDiesel Settlement, your Turbo Coolant Supply line is covered under this extended warranty of EcoDiesel Engine and Exhaust convertors

This is 100% false information. You only need to remove the intake manifold.

longshot

Mar 13, 2018
Truck Year
This is false. Do not listen to this person.

longshot

Mar 13, 2018
Truck Year
The Tech removed the wipers and air intake trim at base if windshield to accessed the turbo coolant line
This is false information. There is zero need to remove the wiper tray. This person is probably regurgitating whatever false info the stealership gave him all over this nice thread